Status: Active - updates around twice a week

Disenchanted

Chapter 4

Gerard's POV

It turned into a fist fight between Derek and I pretty much as Frank had disappeared around the corner. I think Derek’s friends walked off at that point, afraid of getting caught with a couple of angry kids throwing punches around like no-one’s business.

We stopped because Mrs. Travis popped her head around the door of her freshman Geography class and told us to shut up. Oh, thanks, not that you give a shit someone could get hurt; you just want to get on with teaching your lesson.

“Truce?” Derek stood there panting.

“Just don’t let me catch you fucking around with anyone like him again, especially not friends of my little brother, you fucking manwhore.” I snarled back. I guess I got a little defensive there but no one hurts Frankie. I can’t really explain my protectiveness – It’s just that thing that he has about him.

Derek growled back at me in reply but stalked off to his class. He pushed past me with a sneer, even though the whole corridor was empty. Bastard.

I tried to be inconspicuous as I snuck into the art rooms. I got a curious glance from Miss Boyce but she said nothing about it. I looked around the room for Frank... I spotted him talking and laughing with the girl from this morning, Alicia. He wasn’t usually this forward with people but today he was really animated and chatty with her. I felt so proud of him, making new friends; it made me smile watching him happy. I didn’t want to burst his little bubble of self security or make it awkward over there so I decided to keep my distance, where I can watch without being seen. Oh my god I am such a stalker.

“Earth to Gerard,” said Miss Boyce.

“Oh, sorry ma’am.” She just laughed at me.

“are you painting today? Or are you just gonna doodle for the rest of the lesson? There’s only about half an hour left...” she tailed off. I smiled and told her that I was going to sketch some random stuff. In other words I am going to sketch Frank... because I am becoming his Alicia. Heck, I could even get her in the picture too, then I could show it to Mikey.

By the end of the lesson I had an almost photographic picture of Frank and Alicia in front of me; I won’t even deny that this was one of my best pictures of Frank (for I had many at home on my desk) that I had ever drawn. I set it aside whilst I packed away my things – pencils, rubber, and sharpener – into my bag ready for lunch.

“Hey, Gee... uhh,” A small voice came from behind me. I looked around to see Frank concentrating very hard on his shoes. It surprised me that he had called me Mikey’s nickname for me; he normally only called me that when he was in a particularly good mood.

Today, however, that was obviously not the case.

“Uhm, Hi Frank.” Oh god, is that all I could think of? My voice came out really weird as well, like I hadn’t coughed in a while or just... urgh.

“I’m sorry that you had to get involved earlier, I didn’t mean to waste your time. I’m sorry you got hurt. I‘m sorry. I’m not worth it,” Frank mumbled apologetically, clutching at his left arm, clinging to the fabric.

“Don’t worry dude, its fine. The guy’s a douche anyway – he needed to be taught a lesson” Why does he think he isn’t worth it? It’s not like I’m gonna be angry, I know what it’s like.

“It’s not okay, Gee; I’m not okay. I don’t want you getting hurt because I’m such a pathetic beating magnet. I don’t want to be getting in the way of your life... not that I’m even important to be halting it too much anyway. God, I just... I really...uhm”

I reached out my hand to pat him on the arm, but before I even touched him he spun sharply in the direction of the bathrooms. What was he going to say? I just wish he’d stop apologising to me because honestly, I’d do anything for him.

Shit. Bathroom. Frank in a bathroom = probably not a good idea. Mikey had told me once that he had walked into one once when he thought Frank was taking too long and found him holding some blood soaked paper towels. The worst part is there is nothing I can do to stop him.

Yeah, sure I can run after him, tell him not to, but he won’t listen. He has to figure it all out for himself.
♠ ♠ ♠
... sorry, sorry.
you can all kill me now.
BUT I'll do another chapter in a moment!
Thankyou to all of my readers and commenters and subscribers! they really mean a lot to me :D
I don't like Derek :(