Status: Complete! Look for the sequel called Metamorphosis.

The Usual Suspects

Tricksters

Mystery spots, Sarah thought they were rather boring which is why she sat this job out. Instead she took a much needed break hoping this one would last longer and she wouldn’t have another run in with a bunch of shape shifters. Though the thing was she couldn’t shake the feeling of being watched since she entered the town.

“Yeah dad, you could be right, I do get a bit paranoid sometimes,” she spoke timidly into the phone in her hand whilst peering out of the curtains and into the darkness.

“You were always paranoid like that it keeps you on your toes and up to par. Just as a precaution though you did all the necessary things right, like salted the windows,” he questioned.

“Did it as soon as I arrived,” she answered.

“Good, I got another call on the other line, it’s probably the boys, see you when you get back. Don’t get hurt you hear,” he spoke, seriousness pouring through the receiver as he hung up. Sarah smiled, shook her head and lay back on the bed. As soon as she closed her eyes she heard a flutter of wings, at this she jumped up, grabbed her gun and pointed it at the intruder.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa, put the gun down I’m just hear to talk,” he said arms in a defensive pose, Sarah shot him a death glare.

“Who are you and how’d you get in?” She asked taking the safety off and getting the gun ready to shoot. She eyed him up, sensing something about him that was harmless.

“Some call me Loki, Norse God of trickery, you on the other hand pretty lady can call me Gabriel, or Gabe whatever you feel like,” he said coolly.

“Wait,” Sarah said, an idea sinking in, “Gabriel as in Archangel Gabriel?”

“One and only,” he said smiling, getting close to her quickly. “Mind you everyone upstairs thinks I’m dead since I went into witness protection after my dear old brother Lucy fell. Wait why are you taking this so well most people are very sceptical,” he added.

“I do crazy well believe me, plus there are demons why can’t there be angels as well, so why would an Archangel grace me with his presence?”

“Well I came to warn you, something big is going to happen, very soon. It involves those Winchester boys and of course you, I’ve yet to figure out your part in all of this when I do I’m coming straight to you with all of the details.”

“Wow, who knew angels were so cryptic,” she replied in a casual tone.

“It’s what we’re made for, plus I still have an ear open to what the prophets are saying and I hear we make a good team.”

“Well Gabe we’ll just have to see about that now won’t we.”

“That we will, now if you don’t mind of have a couple of brothers to toy with have fun doing whatever it was you were doing.”

With the flutter of wings he was off, she then sat back on her bed in disbelief, she never thought in a million years she’d meet an angel. Yet there he was a couple of feet in front of her a few minutes ago, she showered then decided to do a bit more research on angels since her knowledge was getting rusty. After falling asleep Sarah went into a deep sleep dreaming about being the only one to stop the Apocalypse.

The next morning Sarah was woken up by her phone ringing, she knew by the ring tone who it was, “hey Sam how’s it going?”

“Crazy, we were stuck in time loop, Dean kept dieing it was like |Groundhog day all over again.”

“Really? Did you try calling me?”

“Yeah it just kept saying you were out of the service range, it was weird, and it turned out to be this demi-God.”

“Which one?” She asked.

“Loki.”

“I must say he was always one of my favourites,” then her heart sunk, “it must have been heartbreaking to see him die a ton of times.”

“Believe me Sarah you have no idea, well Dean’s coming see you when we get back to your father’s,” with that he hung up. She rolled over thinking about Dean’s death, his turn was almost up and she didn’t want it to happen. Then it dawned on her, she had some feelings for Dean, feelings she tried so hard to fight away. At that she got up and got ready to head back to Singer Auto Salvage.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the lack of updates between working and moving again and just plain working to much and not having much time for the stuff I love has had me busy. But alas my work term is up in two weeks and I'll have god knows how long it takes me to find another job to update as much as I like whenever I like. :)