Status: Complete! Look for the sequel called Metamorphosis.

The Usual Suspects

Roadkill

In the parking lot of the Roadhouse the dodge charger purred slowly as the woman inside smiled at the memories had here. Sarah always thought Ellen as a mother and Jo was so much like a sister to her. The two young women got in tons of trouble when they were even younger. She turned the ignition off, rolled up her window and locked the doors. As she got out she eyed the Shelby GT sitting peacefully next to her car. Once into the Roadhouse she was immediately pulled into a big bear hug by Ellen.

“Sarah how I missed your face around here, it seems you and Jo are the only females to keep my mind in check.”

“I missed you too Ellen believe me it has been way too long at least a year,” Sarah didn’t even get to finish her sentence when Jo hugged her.

“How’s my sister?” She asked, beaming with happiness.

“Amazing now that she sees one of her amazing best friends in front of her,” Sarah answered, at this the two girls hugged again.

“What the hell?” Ellen added hugging the two girls in front of her, “I don’t know what I’d do if I lost you girls.”

“What about me?” A male voice rang out near the hugging women; Sarah pulled away and saw Ash standing a few feet in front of them.

“Watch out for that boy,” whispered Ellen, “he still has a thing for you, it worries me,” the two women then laughed.

Ash then stepped forward and hugged Sarah, “you know Ash one of these days that mullet is getting shaved off and I may be the one to do it,” she assured him stepping away after hugging him.

“You’ll never get the mullet, never,” he told her before walking away.

“All of these years and I still don’t understand him,” Sarah added as an afterthought.

“I don’t think anyone does sweetheart, come sit by the bar, Jo you can take a break now,” Ellen spoke nodding in Jo’s direction. As Sarah sat at the bar and told both Ellen and Jo about her final year of College and her graduation.

“So have you been on any good hunts lately?” Jo questioned.

“Yeah, sort of, I was up in Buffalo for a couple of days trying to track down a not so lucky rabbit’s foot. It was a wild goose chase that’s for sure.” She replied, “any new men in your lives?” She asked the two women.

“Well besides getting in contact with your father again not really anyone,” Ellen told her.

“Mom, don’t forget about Sam and Dean,” Jo exclaimed.

“Winchester?” Asked Sarah, in a very questioning tone, raising an eyebrow in the process, a habit she picked up from Dean.

“Unfortunately,” Ellen sighed, “I’m not one for trusting Dean, Sam is a nice boy though.”

Sarah could tell that Jo had a thing for Dean it was a shame the route he was taking. She knew Jo would do well with him but didn’t want him to break her heart. “How do you know them Sarah?” Jo asked her.

“I knew them from when I was younger, and a week or so ago they showed up on dad’s doorstep asking questions. That day I went to Buffalo with them,” she shrugged, at that moment a woman sat down next to Sarah; she eyed the keys that were now sitting on the counter. “It’s nice to see a face to that fine Shelby out there in the parking lot.”

“Yeah it’s such an amazing classic car, speaking of them you seem like a person who knows quite a bit about cars. I’m Emily Cortez by the way,” she chimed out, panting since she said it in one breath; Sarah took the girl in front of her in. She looked of Spanish decent, with long, dark, slightly curly hair. Her deep brown eyes seemed to give off not only happiness but a slight mischief as well.

Sarah shook the hand in front of her, “I’m Sarah Singer my dad owns Singer Auto Salvage in Sioux Falls.” Just from looking at her Sarah knew she was a fellow hunter, she smiled there weren’t many female hunters left in the game.

“You’re Bobby Singers daughter then?”

“Yes, yes I am, you frequent around here?”

“Yup, I actually learned a few things from Ellen and Jo,” she responded confidently gesturing towards the two women beside Sarah. “You know I hear that your father was and still is a great hunter, if you’re anything like him we need to go hunting together sometime. The two of us would make an excellent team.”

“I would love too,” Sarah replied, she pulled out a little card with her number on it and gave it to her, Emily then wrote her number down on a napkin. She was good at reading people and this Emily looked like an amazing person and someone she would be able to trust. Trust was kind of a hard thing for Sarah, especially in a world full of Supernatural beings and demons; there was always a part of her that knew if the person was trustworthy enough.

“Sarah I vote you sleep in my room with me tonight so we can catch up and talk about boys,” Jo chimed in breaking the conversation apart.

Sarah’s smile only got bigger, “of course Jo we’ve only been doing that every time I come and visit.” At this the two girls giggled, Ellen sighed while Emily shook her head. Jo then looked over to Emily, “you’re welcome to join us if you want.”

“I’d love to but I have to meet with a future hunting partner in New Hampshire then I planned on doing a hunt there as well. You know just to see how they work on the hunt,” she spoke with a sad smile.

“Maybe next time then,” Sarah acknowledged.

“Definitely,” Emily told the girls, then with a goodbye and a few dollars down on the bar for Ellen and she was off towards the door.

“Now that that’s over you the two of you wouldn’t mind helping out around here,” Ellen spoke in a motherly tone. The two girls let out a groan before getting up and doing their jobs.

Later that night, after brushing their teeth, showering and getting dressed for bed Jo and Sarah collapsed onto Jo’s bed. The two of them let out a deep sigh before turning to face each other smiling, thinking of what to say first.

“So Sarah how was hunting with the Winchester’s? Really,” she inquired.

Sarah smiled, “it was amazing, and the eye candy got rid of the pain of hunting down a cursed foot.”

“That Dean,” Jo started, rolling over on her back, “he is way too dreamy.” She then looked at Sarah and smiled again.

“I knew you liked him,” she giggled.

“I wish he’d understand my feelings for him, some days I wish he wasn’t such a playboy and would learn to settle down.”

“He’ll come to his senses eventually if not I’ll beat him,” Sarah reassured her, with that Jo turned off the light. “I will admit though Sam is a looker as well.”

“I agree he’s not bad looking at all,” she added.

“Especially with his shirt off,” Sarah told her, at this they both giggled. The two girls talked for a few more minutes before falling into a deep sleep.

The next day the girls didn’t wake up until almost noon, they both got ready for the day and went to get breakfast.

“Hello baby,” Ash told Sarah as he sat down next to her eating a sandwich and looking up random things on the laptop that he sat down moments before.

“Hello Ash,” Sarah replied taking another mouthful of cereal, she glanced at Jo who was trying not to laugh. This caused Sarah to glare at her from behind her hair.

“So is there a man in my dear Sarah’s life?” He questioned.

Sarah smiled as she looked at him, “yes and no Ash,” he stared at her intrigued. “Being a hunter is hard when it comes to relationships, it seems those you love will always get hurt. Besides the only man a girl needs in her life is her daddy.”

At this he seemed almost defeated, even though Jo lost her father as a young girl she never got insulted when you mentioned a father figure. Since Sarah had been coming here since she was young Bobby became almost like a father to her.

“Well,” Jo piped up, “I was thinking we head into town and have a girly day and go shopping.” Her mother smiled, happy to see her two girls happy. “Mom you can always shut down the roadhouse for the day or get Ash to run it and come with us.”

Ellen looked at Ash, rolled her eyes and picked up the dishes off of the table, “I think I’ll just shut it down for the day.”

Ash let out a sigh of defeat, “hey now I am capable of running the place by myself,” this caused the women to laugh. A few minutes later the girls jumped into Sarah’s dodge charger and were off to town, where they went shopping, went to the spa and had something to eat.

When they got back to the roadhouse they were all exhausted, “you know,” Ellen said. “Usually I’d say she should stay here but since it’s you Sarah but you and Jo should go on a hunt together, get her out of here for awhile.”

Jo’s eyes widened, “seriously?” She asked in disbelief.

“Of course,” Ellen said smiling warmly.

“You just surprised me mom usually you insist on coming with or knowing where I am all of the time.”

“Well I trust your judgment with Sarah and I know hopefully you both won’t run off to Vegas and elope,” the girls laughed.

That night Sarah took the guest room; she locked the door and salted every nook and cranny she could think of. She fell asleep almost instantly dreaming of a certain pair of brothers.