‹ Prequel: Gerard, Me and Mikey

One Way or Another

Last year’s wishes are this year’s apologies

Nicole’s POV

I ended up cleaning my face and taking a quick shower. I was starting to feel hungry. More than normal
I thought about what had happened this morning. In my head I was just trying to let it all go. I mean, it was all just a complete misunderstanding, right. An accident?

“What are you doing?” I asked Frank as took a seat on one of the kitchen stools.

“Breakfast. You like waffles?” he asked turning around smiling widely with flour on his chin. I giggled at the sight of his dirty face.

“Yeah, um. You got a little something……here” I decided to just clean it off.
Standing up, I grabbed a damp cloth as I walked up to him.

“There you go”

He blushed.

“Thanks….um, I…”

“Was making waffles, I know. Mines with chocolate chips please” I smiled returning to my seat.

“Sure”

****

“Umm, Frank…these are really good. Gee was right” I complimented with my mouth full of his just made waffles.

“Why, thank you. I’m sorry about earlier today” he was talking with his mouth full too. What ever happen to our manners?

“Oh…yeah, that. Don’t worry.” I lied.

After all I’ve been through, I really didn’t like anyone touching me besides Gee. He’s the only one I completely trust.

“Oh. But don’t tell Gee about it, please.”

I wasn’t planning on it.

“Of course not!” I didn’t mean to sound so alarmed but I did.

“Good” he blushed as he stood up and walked to the fridge for another glass of milk.

*************************

“So what do you wanna do?” he asked.

We were sitting on the couch watching a rerun of some lame reality show. I had my hands on my tummy.

“Can I….”

I followed his gaze to where my hands were and knew what he was asking permission for.

I nodded, not really thinking of a good reason to why not.

I was surprised when I felt the contact of his warm and soft hands on my bare stomach, as he lifted my shirt up.

“Wow. I’ve never actually done this you know….is this ok?” he asked as he traces his fingers in circles on my skin.

I felt more relaxed than ever as his fingers repated that simple but yet so magical movement.

“Yeah, it feels really good actually.”

I saw him smile up at me, his fingers not stopping or slowing down at all.

********************

I changed into my loose night gown. Actually enjoying the feeling of it hanging loose around my hips, knowing in just months it would fit much tighter.
I turned off the light to the bedroom as I made my way to the bed itself. Covering myself with the sheets I waited awake.

Waited for Gerard, who was downstairs finishing his late night lunch and chatting away with Frank.
But the tired feeling was killing me and I just couldn’t avoid closing my eyes and falling into a complete deep sleep.

I walked down the stairs quickly after hearing the doorbell ring, wiping my wet hands on my dark denim jeans before pulling the door open.

“Hello, Nicole”

I immediately shut the door closed and locked it, turning around only to find the exact person I was trying to avoid.

“I always knew it. But if I just told you, you wouldn’t believe me, no would you?….so here it is. All the proof you could possibly need.”

“No, get away.” I ran back up the stairs and into the bathroom, locking the door behind me.

Looking down at the tiled floor, I saw the same envolope he was trying to hand me seconds ago.

“Go ahead and open it. You know you want to, babe”

I felt a bit nauseous at the nickname he just used on me, but my eyes remained glued to the white envelope.

“Come on Nicole, you know you have to….”

This time it wasn’t his voice echoing around, it was my own. Only I hadn’t even parted my lips in and class of attempt to make a sound.

My hands shook as they got closer to the now white blur on the floor. I tried to calm myself down as my vision started to get blurry. My hands seemed to have a mind of their own as they ripped the envelope open.

The envelope dropped back to its original spot as the paper in front of me begged to be read.
I gulped before squinting my eyes just enough to make out the words. Some of them at least.

“DNA of…..matched correctly with….Michael James Way….”

I couldn’t read more as my vision became blurry again and the sheet dropped down the floor as well.

“Is that enough proof for you?”

I didn’t answered as I sank down to the floor, tears streaming like a cascade down my face.

“I bet it’s enough for my dear old brother. In fact I’ll just go inform him right now.”

I heard footsteps go down the stairs as I picked myself up from the ground as fast as humanly possible, kicking the door opened and running down the stairs.
I had lost sight of him, but heard a car’s engine go on just outside.


“Nooooo!!!!”

I realized I was sweating just as everything went black.
I forced my eyes open to see a very alarmed Gerard looking at me.

“Noo, please…..” I broke down in tears right there, not being able to tell if what had happened, had actually happened or was just a horrible, horrible nightmare.

“Aw babe, are you ok?”

He brought me to him, his arm being placed around me tightly in a very comforting way.

“I….I have….”

His hazel, almost green eyes met mines as his face grew more worried.

“You have what?”

I closed my eyes tightly as more tears ran down my face and my lips parted to inform him about my just made decision.

“I..have….something important to tell you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This is kind of sad to write. I just really had a major writer's block and don't see where this is going. What do you think? Where should it end?
I honestly think this should end in some chapters. Unless you guys have some dramatic/twist like ideas. Please don't be shy, I don't bite. I'll be more than glad to know what you guys would like to happen

I am however thinking of writing a Mike Way fanfic (yes, another) and maybe having a little, ok, no lots of Frank in it too (not a slash though). and apart from that a Gerard Way fan fic.

Here's the plot I got in mind: Gerard's married (not with Nicole, maybe Lynz, IDK) and his wife works as well so they have a babysitter taking care of there daughter. And turns out he falls for her, hard.
Just ideas you know. Tell me what you think.
COMMENT PLEASE! =)

Title credit: I'm like a lawyer with the way I'm always trying to get you off - Fall Out Boy