‹ Prequel: Gerard, Me and Mikey

One Way or Another

Light me up when I'm down

Frank’s POV

I walked back into the living room only to fine Nicole sobbing on the couch. Maybe I shouldn’t have kissed her.
I got closer, taking a seat next to her.

“Hey, what’s the matter?”

I ran my hand up and down her back as she tried to recompose herself in order to answer me.

“He left.”

I nodded, still converting her with my hand.

“I know. But you know it’s the best thing.”

She looked up at me, her eyes red from crying so hard.

“I want Gee” she whispered as she continued to cry.

“I want Gee! I want him!” she shirked, kicking and pushing me off the couch.

“Ok, ok. Calm down, I’ll go call him” I said, my hands up in the air as a sign of surrender.

I made my way quickly into the kitchen, grabbed the phone and dialed his number. After the third ring I heard his voice on the other end along with traffic noise.

“Gerard you need to get here as soon as you can. Nicole needs you.”

I heard the traffic sounds stop, now replaced by low chattering.

“Oh my god! What happened?! Is she ok?! Is the baby ok?!”

“Yeah, yeah. They’re fine. It’s more of an emotional issue. But she demands you get here.”

“Ok. I’m on my way. Meanwhile go to my room and get a scrapbook I have in my closet. Lower drawer to the left. Give it to her, it’ll entertain her for a while”

“Yeah, sure. See ya soon.”

“Bye.”

I placed the phone back down in it’s proper place and headed upstairs. On my way through the living room I noticed she was a bit more calm. Pulling opened the lower drawer to the left I took out a scrapbook. The cover was decorated with newspaper re-cuts and it was pretty heavy.
I made my way back downstairs into the living room.

“Here. Gee says to take a look at it”

She took hold of the heavy scrapbook as I sat down beside her. Her hand traced the texture of the cover and she turned to face me.

“Is he coming??”

I nodded, which led her back to admiring the hand-made book.
She opened it, looking carefully at the first page. I scooted closer to her, taking a better look at it.
In the middle of the page it titled:

“Me and you”

A small subtitle was almost unreadable due to its size and script handwriting.

“I’m trying to let you know just how much you mean to me”

I looked up at her and noticed some more tears running down her face. Though I’m sure this time they weren’t sad tears.

****************

Gerard’s POV

I got off the train in Jersey, making my way through the crowed station. On the way out, near the entrance, I saw a man selling roses of all colors.

“Hello young man. Would you like to buy some roses?”

I scanned the different colored flowers trying to make up my mind on which to get.

“Yes, please. I would like 6 red and 6.…black!” I was beyond happy once I spotted the dark colored flowers mixed in with the rest.

The man nodded and quickly handed me the dozen of roses while I handed him the cash.

“Ok, you have a good day now.”

“I will. You too.”

I made my way down the sidewalk, before spotting a cab and making it pull to the side. I gave the taxi driver my address and in a matter of minutes we were there.

I walked up to the porch finding the door locked, but took out my spare keys from my pocket.
When I walked in I saw Nicole on the couch with Frank looking at the scrapbook I had told him about. I could see Nicole’s eyes were a bit puffy and red and some tears were covering her eyes. I ran to her side, carefully making sure not to make any noise.

“Surprise” I whispered to her ear, handing her the roses.

She jumped a bit, startled by my sudden appearance. But quickly her scared expression turned into a happy one. She eyed the flowers and then me.

“Gee I’ve missed you! And oh my god, these are beautiful!”

I pulled her face close for a kiss.

“Not as beautiful as you, babe. I’ve missed you too! I just wanna stay here with you and never leave your side”

“Aww you guys are so cute to watch!!’

I shifted my gaze onto Frank who was still sitting beside Nicole. I noticed a small animal on his lap.

“What’s that?!”

Frank lifted it up, now letting it clear that it was just a little dog. A Chihuahua? What the fuck?

“Not WHAT! Who! This is Chester. Right little fellow, you’re so cute. Yeah, you’re so cuteeee!!”

I had to admit it got a little uncomfortable being in the same room as Frank and a dog.
It felt as though you were interrupting their “private” moment.
♠ ♠ ♠
this chapter kind of sucks, but it's still an update, right?
who finds Frank and his dogs adorable?? I do! =)
I would really appreciate comments. they make me happy and I'm kind of lacking happiness at this moment

chapter title credit: Light me up - The pretty reckless (I love Taylor's voice. she's amazing!)
also as always, this might have grammar mistakes.i don't tend to re-read much. and even if I do I skip some stuff