X Marks the Faerie

Chapter Twenty-Two: A Fearful Heart

Being vulnerable was the scariest thing. I felt a great pain for falling into the trap set by the siren. If it wasn't for the harpie, I would have never survived, and I would have left my love behind. I glanced over at Kysha. I could tell that something was weighing on her mind. I was afraid to pressure her because I knew that it would only break her down more than she already was. Sindri found a little resting place for us to stop for a while.

I sat down on the least wet part and motioned for Kysha to come join me. She did so and I wrapped my arms around her. She was shivering. It was pretty cold in the cave. I kissed her head and she relaxed fully in my arms.

“You know, when we get your wings back, I bet you can do all kinds of things,” I smiled. I wanted to see all the things that she was capable of.

Kysha smiled a small, sad smile and I frowned. Sindri walked over and looked at Kysha. “Kysha, are you well? The light has gone from your eyes,” I growled a soft growl, warning Sindri. Though I was sure he didn't hear because he still kept his gaze on Kysha's face.

Kysha patted my hand and smiled at Sindri. “Sindri, thank you for your worry, but I am fine. I feel fine. I'm just tired of the journey. I'm afraid I just don't have the will anymore to get my wings.”

I looked at her shocked. “But Kysha, we've gone all this way...”

Sindri sputtered but I only glared at him. I took Kysha's face into my hands and I looked deep within her eyes. “Kysha, I love you. You don't have to stop this journey just for me. I want you to get your wings back. I want you to be what you are. Don't worry about me.”

“Gaylen...you just...you just don't understand,” She started to cry, but quickly composed herself. “I'm just so scared. Scared that you all might die. Scared that I might die. Scared that everything will just be for naught! Most of all, I'm scared that I might have to live in a world without you, and I can't have that...” She fidgeted on the last few words she spoke.

“Why that's silly, nothing is going to happen to us, we have a great crew, we'll get through this, you'll see,” I flashed her a reassuring smile.

“Yeah, nothing will happen to us, just like Gaylen said,” Saerien piped in. Everyone nodded in agreement, even Giral gave a supportive look of encouragement.

Kysha's shoulders relaxed a little. “Yes, I guess you're right, nothing will happen to you guys...” She paused for a second in a look of utter seriousness. “After all, I am the only one who didn't drink from the lake.”

“What does that got to do with anything?” Sindri laughed.

“I'm a princess. I'm well versed in the knowledge of the many creatures of this land. A siren's water has sleeping properties, don't you know?” She looked at us closely.

“Well, that's obviously not true, we're all completely fi-,” I cut off as I had a wave of dizziness hit me compelling me to the ground. “Kysha...” I gasped as every one of the party other than Kysha also fell to the ground as they struggled against losing consciousness. “What are you doing? This is ridiculous! You can't drag us out of here by ourselves...”

“Oh, I don't plan on it. I snagged a magic bottle from one of the dead goblins, I do believe it has the properties to capture whole entire live beings within it. I'm sorry it had to be this way Gaylen, I just feel terrible that I have dragged you into this crazy world, but it's okay. I'm going to make it right. We're going home.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Commentttt plzzz =)