Status: Done!

Could It Be Love?

Realizing

Zack waited until Matt settled down in the hotel bed before walking slowly to the bathroom. He knew he needed a shower and badly but wanted to do it on his own time so he waited for Matt to drift to sleep. He knew he may be a while and decided now was the best time for it. He realized quickly that the hotel Matt checked him into was pretty fancy for his tastes. They left things like new razors and tooth paste as well as a normal hair dryer and lotion on the counters of the bathroom. He smiled to himself, maybe tonight wouldn’t be so bad after all.

Zack reached his gloved hand into the large bathtub and turned the shower on. The water began beating down onto the tiled floor like rain into a puddle. Wile the water warmed up Zack pulled his gloves off as well as the shirt and small zip up jacked he wore. His worn pants were next as well as his slippers, boxers and socks.

Zack’s body immediately relaxed as the warm water beat down onto his back, he let his shoulders and head fall forward. It had been a long time since he got to bathe in warm water. Some times he would use sinks at gas stations, and during the summer he would use fountains in the middle of the night to wash up in. He had an extra pair of clothing so when one was drying he could wear the next.

He sighed and opened his eyes, watching the water run down his pale skin to the drain. He gripped the soap as well as the wash rag and began to lather his skin with the sweet smelling liquid. He slowly massaged the rag down his arms and legs, cleaning his face and privates as he went.

Once cleaned Zack made to step from the shower, he gripped a towel that lay near the tub and wrapped him up. He made his way over to the sink; the mirror was fogged so Zack ran his hand in a circle across the smoothed surface. When he had cleared a spot Zack spread shaving cream across his beard. Once finished he gripped the razor and began his work of shaving all the hair off. Soon his face was as soft as a peach. He sighed contently at the reflection in the mirror.

Zack turned and looked all around the floor for his clothing, it was gone. The only thing he found was a robe hanging from the back of the door. He wrapped his body up nice and tight and proceeded into the room to see where his clothes went. When Zack stepped out of the door he found Matt in the kitchen cooking something over the stove.

When Matt realized that Zack was out of the shower he stopped what he was doing to look at the other man. His jaw almost dropped once he got a good look at the others face, his breathed hitched when he went to speak. Something was holding him back. Those eyes, the green in those eyes enticed him so much he couldn’t help but stare into them.

“Do you know where my clothes went?” Zack asked finally breaking the silence of the room. Matt's eyes still staid on his but he regained the knowledge of how to speak once more.

“Yeah, I sent them out to be cleaned for you.” Matt spoke he paused when Zack gave him and odd look. “The door was unlocked so I put the robe on it and took them; I tried not to disturb you.”

“You didn’t don’t worry, I was just wondering.” Zack said quietly walking over to the couch, taking a seat across the room from Matt. “What are you doing?”

“Well I called down to the kitchen and asked them to bring me some produce, I figured a piece of pie isn’t a very filling diner and I want you to enjoy being here.” Matt spoke turning back to the stir-fry he was working on.

“You know you don’t have to do all of this, any of this actually. I don’t need anyone to feel sorry for me Matt.” Zack stated, his arms crossed as well as his legs that rested comfortably on the couch.

“I know Zack and I don’t feel sorry for you. I just want you to have a good day while you are with me. I grew up with friends coming to my house, I never went to theirs. Even though my father insisted on having a chef I wanted to cook. So while they were in my company I cooked for them. I made sure they were as comfortable as they could get and I intend on doing the same for you.” Matt spoke looking from the pan to the man sitting on the couch. Zack was smiling up at Matt looking genuinely happy.

“How is your back feeling?” Zack asked looking the tall man up and down, noticing his back was slightly arched.

“It hurts a little but nothing too major to worry about.” Matt said but before his sentence fully came out Zack was to his feet. He walked over to the kitchen and held out his hand. Matt looked at him like he was an alien.

“Let me finish this please?” Zack looking up at the face of the other man; Matt shook his head and protested pointing the spoon he had been using at the shorter male.

“No way in hell.” Matt stated playfully smiling at his friend. Zack’s mouth fell open in mock surprise. He gripped the spoon and pulled it free from Matt's hand, catching him off guard. Matt's eyes went wide. “You sneaky little ass,” He joked playfully punching Zack’s arm worry crossing his face when his friend played hurt. “I’m sorry!” He called out, Zack smiled.

“I was joking!” He spoke in a rather loud voice causing Matt to smile and admit he was joking as well, brining his friend in for a hug. “Okay so this smells like you haven’t added anything to it right?” Zack asked Matt just nodded at the younger man. “Okay good that means I can have my way with it.” Zack smirked, he gripped several bottles that the chef had brought up, he poured liquids in as well as spices.

Matt smiled as he sat at the table watching the other man work his magic, he knew if Zack could have the recourses to cook like this every night he would. The smile faded from his face thinking about how little Zack had compared to him. He deserved more than what life had handed him. Matt broke from his thoughts as he watched Zack finish the meal, making rice and slicing the fruit to go with it. He smiled when Zack placed a plate in front of him.

“This looks delicious, where did you learn to cook?” Matt pondered as he dug into his plate. Zack smiled and took a bite of food before answering.

“Well before I cooked with my grandpa as a kid, he literally was a chef for an amazing restaurant. He taught me how to cook so many different things growing up. He told me what spices go together and what liquids; he taught me how to do everything he knew before he passed away. I kept on cooking and as a teen learned how to measure things with out cups and spoons, I did it by just pure knowledge.” Zack smiled before eating more of his food.

“You should have been a chef.” Matt spoke looking at the smaller man; he smiled at the happy look on the others face.

“Well I would have been most likely if I would have gotten the chance.” Zack spoke his eyes looking at his almost empty plate.

After that talk had seamed to die down between the men. They each cleared their plates and laid down on their beds. The silence was very content as they watched T.V and eventually fell asleep, Matt knowing tomorrow would be a better day for them both.
♠ ♠ ♠
HellzAngel_x_ZackyV Thank you once more for the amazing comment, you are the only one so far so this chapter is pretty much dedicated to you.