Status: Completed. :D

And Here's What You Missed on...GLEE

Chapter 50

I walked into Glee Club on time on Friday, right after detention, to find Puck walked up to the front. “Hey, Red,” he greeted with a smile. “Just in time.”

For some reason, my stomach seized. Puck didn’t always pick the best songs, usually ending up with his foot in his mouth, so I was extremely nervous as to what song he had up his sleeve.

Settling down in my seat, waiting for Puck to start, I looked around at the group and realized that Rachel was sitting alone, while Finn was sitting near Artie. Something definitely had gone down between them, and I was eager to find out what it was. Just…not right then.

Directing my attention back at the front, I realized that Puck was finishing up with his preparing. Right before he started playing, he grinned at me, which reassured me very little. He was probably going to be singing some sort of sexual innuendo song which would just make me hate him that much more.

The melody was soft and slow, though, which made my eyebrows draw together. What in the world? He couldn’t be doing the song I thought he was…

Don’t go changing to try to please me
You never let me down before
Don’t imagine you’re too familiar
And I don’t see you anymore

I wouldn’t leave you
In times of trouble
We never could have come this far
I took the good times, I’ll take the bad times
I’ll take you just the way you are


My eyes started to water a little as he sang the Billy Joel song. Could he have picked a more perfect song? We’d talked about Billy Joel countless times, and he had picked Billy Joel’s sweetest song. God, I loved him.

Don’t go trying some new fashion
Don’t change the color of your hair
You always have my unspoken passion
Although I may not seem to care


It was scary how accurate those lyrics were, how I’d just been debating whether to dye my hair or not. I heard some sniffling behind me, definitely coming from Kurt, and cracked the slightest of smirks.

When Puck finished, the entire club burst into applause, and I hopped out of my seat, throwing my arms around him.

“That was beautiful,” I whispered in his ear.

“I thought you’d like it,” he said back softly.

I rubbed my eyes, trying to get rid of the couple of tears that had fallen (I was PMS-ing, okay? Super emotional).

When I sat back down, Kurt snapped from behind me, “That was sweet and everything, trust me, I know, I was crying, too, but you ruined your makeup.”

Trying to sigh back at him, I just ended up letting out a laugh. “I really don’t care right now.”

Kurt let out a huff before sitting back up, and Mr. Schue started to talk. “Alright, so on that note, you guys can head out of here. Have a great weekend.”

Puck and I were the last two in the classroom, everyone else rushing to get out of the school as soon as possible for the two days of freedom. “I’m still reliving that song,” I admitted with a snicker. “How in the world did you figure that out? It was perfect.”

“I just Googled 'romantic Billy Joel songs', and it was one of the first results,” he told me, shrugging. “Plus, I thought it was cool how it mentioned that hair thing.”

Rolling my eyes, I gave his hand a squeeze. “Well, it was perfect.”

“Cool. I didn’t want to screw things up and use a stupid song.”

“You can’t really go wrong with Billy Joel.”

“That’s what I was thinking.” He was quiet for a minute before he continued, “Does this mean that you’ll make out with me like you did the other day? Without the whole guilty thing?”

“We’ll see,” I smiled. He put his guitar in the backseat, and then we both got in the front.

“Maybe even sex?” he pushed, taking a glimpse at me as we backed out of the parking lot.

“Don’t push your luck!” I sing-songed warningly, hitting him in the stomach. “You keep trying to get more, and I might tell you to get lost.”

He let out a snort. “You’re not going to tell me to get lost. Not after that performance.”

“Depends on if you make any super huge stupid mistakes.”

“True,” he muttered. “But for right now, I’m lookin’ good, aren’t I?”

“Yes, for now,” I humored him, leaning my head against the window of the car, feeling the cold getting though my hair and going straight to my scalp.

When we got back to the house, we ran straight up to Puck’s room, and he kissed me right away.

We made out for a little while, and when I heard the front door open, signaling that his mother and sister were home, I didn’t care. I was too wrapped up in him, the fact that he had sung such a beautiful song to me.

Puck pulled away for a second, looking down at me. “Alright, I don’t want to ruin this moment, but I have to say something,” I spoke up.

Hesitantly, he responded, “What?”

“Okay, don’t freak out, but…” My heart started pumping really quickly as I burst out exactly what was on my mind, “I love you.”

Well. That was entirely unromantic.

“You what?” Puck questioned back, his eyebrows drawing together.

Focusing on somewhere over his shoulder, I mumbled, “Um…never mind.”

Of all the times that I figured I’d say that I loved someone, I never figured that, number one, I’d be the first to say it or, number two, it would be this damn awkward.

“Hey, Ellie,” Puck’s mom voiced, knocking on Puck’s door. “Are you in there?”

Puck scrambled off me and opened the door for his mom. “Hi,” I greeted, smoothing down my hair and trying to get the blush out of my cheeks. “What’s up?”

“Um…there’s someone downstairs to talk to you.”

Oh my God, I hissed inside my head. Why the hell would Finn come back to Puck’s house? It was obvious that I wanted nothing to do with him, and our performance was over. We never needed to talk again. Ever. And frankly, I didn’t ever want to talk to him again.

But I still got up and started down the stairs, anger adrenaline pulsing through my veins. At least my newfound fury toward Finn made me forget all about the embarrassing moment that had happened five minutes ago.

“Finn,” I started as I made my way to the kitchen, “I swear to God, just leave me alone already! What part of my blatant hatred toward you don’t you-?”

When I entered the kitchen, I stopped short, biting my tongue. Sitting at the kitchen table was not Finn, but someone I never thought I’d see again.

“Mom?”
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY! :D CHAPTER 50! Ha-ha. Wow. I can't believe I made it this far with this story. Thanks everyone!

And that enough drama for everyone? ;) Heh heh hehhh.

Oh, and cue the whole thing about the lyrics, blah blah.