Show Me What I'm Looking For

1/1

Ever since they met, Blaine knew that Kurt was special. Blaine always saw potential inside of Kurt that he couldn't see, and Blaine knew from the beginning that he would go to great lengths to show Kurt just how incredible he really was. When Blaine and Kurt had a conversation for the first time, Kurt was detectably broken, lost, and only saw weakness in himself. Blaine always knew Kurt was better than that, and made it his personal goal to prove that to him.

From the first day Kurt heard Blaine sing, he felt something new. This feeling was terrifying, and Kurt didn't know how to react. He was undoubtably fragile. After being tormented and bullied because of his sexuality, Kurt found it hard to open up. Even worse, he was taken advantage of by the boy who made his life miserable. His first kiss had been stolen from him, and he didn't think he would ever forget the awful feeling of David Karofsky's lips forced upon his. When Kurt voiced his disgust, Karofsky threatened to kill Kurt if he didn't keep his mouth shut. Before Kurt transfered to Dalton Academy, he lived in fear day-by-day but once Kurt met Blaine, everything changed. Even though he was still a student at McKinley and Karofsky was making his life a living hell, Blaine made it bearable. The text messages and constant reminders to have courage were enough to keep Kurt going until he left his friends in Glee to join the Warblers at Dalton. Blaine even helped Kurt try to talk to Karofsky about accepting who he was in his sexuality, evolving their friendship into an extremely solid bond.

Over the course of their friendship, Kurt's feelings for Blaine grew and developed into something a lot stronger than he had ever experienced before. This new interest was nothing like any crush he'd had before, not even the feelings he had felt for Finn. Kurt had fallen hard, and he didn't know how to handle it at all. Blaine, however, viewed Kurt as a friend and overtime, Blaine and Kurt's friendship grew very strong; the boys were inseparable. The deep bond the two had caused Kurt to suspect that Blaine's friendly gestures were meant in a romantic kind of way and even though it was never discussed, it was assumed he and Blaine were moving towards a relationship.

Kurt was opening up to Blaine, finding comfort in his confident friend. Truthfully, Kurt looked up to how Blaine was so sure of himself and put-together. Kurt's feelings were growing stronger every day but when Blaine proclaimed he had feelings for someone else, Kurt was devastated. In their friendship, Kurt found the stability and comfort to talk to Blaine about his feelings for him, and how their romance was all in his head. Blaine didn't shoot him down, but rejected the idea of any type of non-platonic relationship.

Even though the boys' friendship continued to flourish, Blaine was confused. Lately, he had noticed himself involuntarily doing whatever he could to get closer to Kurt. During the Warblers' practices he was drawn to Kurt; singing to him, singing for him. He started going out of his way to walk Kurt to class or spend more time with him. Because Blaine had only recently told Kurt he wanted to stay just friends, Kurt didn't pay any attention to Blaine's actions, but Blaine knew better. He got butterflies when Kurt's eyes met his during a performance. His skin felt like it was on fire whenever he made contact with Kurt. Blaine was falling for Kurt, and it scared the shit out of him. He valued his friendship with Kurt more than anything, and began to wonder if these feelings had been there all along. The problem was, Blaine didn't know what he was looking for. He needed help, guidance, a sign, anything. He was lost in this whirlwind of hazy desire, the urge to kiss Kurt or hold his hand was bursting right through him. Blaine felt shame and regret as he thought back to the day he told Kurt they should just be friends, he felt so stupid for missing what was right in front of his face.

Blaine realized what he was looking for at Warblers' practice on what seemed like an ordinary Wednesday afternoon. Council was being held, the buzz of excitement in the room focused mainly on Regionals. Kurt expressed passion and confidence to Blaine, when he admitted his jealousy of Blaine's excessive solos. Blaine was surprised how incredibly turned on Kurt's honesty made him. He felt like he was going crazy, just the scent of Kurt made his stomach tie in knots. The truth hit him like a ton of bricks the following day when Kurt announced the death of Pavarotti, the Warblers' canary. In her honor, Kurt sang with such passion and fervency, Blaine realized something he had felt all along: he was in love with Kurt. He loved his smile, his slightly-annoying tendencies, his innocence, his honesty, his everything.

Blaine was lost in a fervor of emotion, so unsure on how to approach Kurt. When the council decided that Kurt would sing a duet with Blaine, he experienced a fear he'd never dealt with before involving a performance. It wasn't the judges he feared, or even the competition: it was what song he would sing with Kurt. He knew the only way he could truly let Kurt know how he felt was through song, but his usual whatever-was-playing-on-the-radio selection wasn't going to cover it. He stayed up all night, searching for the perfect song for Kurt.

Blaine's usual stature of confidence was betrayed by how violently his hands shook as he entered the Senior Commons, spotting Kurt sitting alone at a table covered in what appeared to be sequins, holding a bottle of craft glue. His voice shook slightly as he choked out "What's that?"

"I'm decorating Pavarotti's casket," Kurt replied, a sigh escaping through his lips.

Blaine smiled nervously, "Well, finish up, I have the perfect song for our number and we should practice."

Kurt looked up at Blaine, raising his eyebrows, "Do tell!"

Blaine looked at Kurt anxiously, "Candles, by Hey Monday," he smiled weakly at the smaller boy, who grinned in surpise, "I'm impressed, you're usually so top 40."

"Well, I just wanted something a little more emotional," Blaine replied, taking a seat next to Kurt.

Blaine stared at his hands, building up the courage to say what he really approached Kurt to say, but was interrupted as Kurt asked, "Why did you pick me to sing that song with?"

The Warbler shifted in his seat before closing his eyes as he spoke, "Kurt, there is a moment when you say to yourself 'Oh, there you are! I've been looking for you forever...'" Blaine trailed off and repositioned himself in his seat.

Blaine placed his hand over Kurt's before taking a breath and continuing, "Watching you do 'Blackbird' this week, that was a moment for me... about you." He shook his head as he attempted to form the words he needed to say, "You move me, Kurt."

The taller boy's voice shook as he looked up at Kurt, "And this duet would just be an excuse to spend more time with you."

Blaine simply couldn't resist anymore, adrenaline was coursing through his veins and his heart pounded vigorously in his chest as his leaned forward and captured Kurt's lips in a heated kiss. He placed a hand on Kurt's cheek and inhaled his scent as the smaller boy's soft lips began moving against his. Kurt then mirrored the Warbler's actions, placing his hand on Blaine's cheek as their lips meshed together passionately. Both boys pulled away slowly and exhaled, Blaine sat back and let out a small breath and placed his head in his hands, he couldn't believe what had just happened. He sat up, "We, um, we should practice."

Kurt let out a shaky breath a smiled softly, "I thought we were."

Blaine's lips met Kurt's again, more urgently this time. Kurt placed his hand on the Warbler's cheek again as his tongue slid across Blaine's bottom lip. Blaine pressed closer to Kurt, his tongue slipping inside of Kurt's mouth. Blaine wrapped his arms around Kurt's neck, his fingers playing with the small hairs that ended there. He pulled Kurt even closer, his chest right against the smaller boy's as he kissed him. The two fought for dominance, kissing fervently until they both pulled away, out of breath.

"Kurt..." Blaine swallowed and rand a hand through his short, curly hair, "I- I love you." Kurt's heart nearly stopped beating and his breath got caught in his throat momentarily before he spoke, "I love you too, Blaine."
♠ ♠ ♠
All bolded text are direct quotes from the "Original Song" episode of Glee.