Status: Completed!

Noise and Kisses

All right

The next day I woke late. The bed was empty and no one else was in the sleeping areas with me. I was groggy when I woke. Last night’s events came rushing back to me and I felt a sick feeling in my stomach. As I sat up in Quinn’s bed I could tell that the bus was moving. I hopped down from the bed and checked my phone. There were 3 missed calls, and the time read 2.06pm. The missed calls were from Matt, he had been alerted to what had happened last night. Matt’s message instructed me to call him immediately. He would be dropping in to see me as soon the buses stopped. He also informed me that Jimmy had been kicked off from the Warped Tour – he was a Merch guy too and had already been issued a ‘misbehavior warning’ which meant he was now fired. Relief washed over me; at least I wouldn’t have to deal with him again. I was still wearing the clothes from last night and my hair was wavy now. Running my hands through my hair I decided to go out to the ‘living’ area. I was worried as to what everyone would say, but I took a deep breath in and walked out. Quinn, Nate and Brandon were sitting around the little kitchen table. Quinn had his head in his hands and Nate was slowly sipping some coffee. An atmosphere of gloominess was aloft. Brandon turned his heads around, noticing that I was standing in the room. Quinn snapped his head up from his hands and quickly stood. In a few strides he was standing in front of me.
His voice was low as he asked me, “Are you okay?”
I smiled weakly, “Yes, thanks to you.”
Forgetting everyone else in the bus, he reached his hand out and tucked my hair behind my ear.
“I was so worried,” he continued, “but now Jimmy’s gone.”
I nodded, “I heard.”
He frowned, “How? Already? Didn’t you just wake up?”
“My brother called me,” I said, arching an eyebrow at Quinn.
He flashed his teeth, “Oh yes. I had to call Matt. I hope you don’t mind, but I thought he should really know.”
“Nah, it was good of you. So thanks.”
Awkwardly I stepped forward and hugged Quinn, breathing in his warm scent. We stood there for a few moments. He rested his head gently on top of mine. Then, I heard Nate cough from behind and we let go off each other.
“Thalia, are you okay? I’m so sorry, I heard what happened,” Nate said frowning.
I shrugged, “I’m okay now.”
He nodded, “We’re lucky Quinn found you.”
I looked up at Quinn again as I spoke, “I know.”
After Nate, Brandon and Quinn spoke to me, I decided to have a shower. I let the warm water run over me and unknot the tension in my back. I washed my hair and changed into a tracksuit. I was tired and drained but I decided that I should call Matt and let him know I was okay. I had a SMS on my phone when I picked it up. It was from Hazel and it read:
Thalia,
I heard what happened last night.
t’s just terrible – you poor thing!
I hope your okay and I will come
and see you as soon as the buses
take a break. That rat bag has
left warped tour. So you don’t
have to worry. Bert says hi and
Jeph sends a hug your way.
We love you!
Hazel
xox
I quickly texted her back and thanked her and told her not to worry about me. After that, I dialed Matt’s number.
“Thalia??” Matt’s voice was full of panic.
“Yeah, hey Matt,” I said.
“Christ! I’ve been so worried. Did you just wake up?”
“Yeah a little while ago.”
“Are you okay?! Quinn told me what happened. I owe him so much.”
I swallowed, “Yeah me too. And yes, I’m fine now but it was pretty scary.”
“Yeah well that asshole is gone. I would kill him if I saw him,” he said hotly, “Anyway, I’m gonna come see you once we have a break. I think the buses stop at 4pm, which is about half an hour away.”
“Okay Matt, I’m gonna go, I’m tired but I’ll see you then.”
“I love you Thal, and I’m sorry about what I happened. I should have been there for you.”
I rolled my eyes, what was it with boys and beating themselves up? “I love you too.”
After I spoke to Matt, I lay back into bed. I had a nap and when I woke up, a stressed looking Quinn was sitting at the end of my bed.
“Hey,” he said when he noticed I was awake.
“Hello,” I said tiredly. I scooted over and patted the empty space on the bed beside me; gesturing for him to lie next to me. He lay down slowly and sighed while he did.
“What’s up?”
“Nothing. I’m bored,” he said and then his voice dropped to a whisper, “And I keep thinking about you.”
I bit the inside of my mouth, “Oh.” Yes, I was truly great with words.
I felt giddy on the inside with him lying next to me.
I snuggled up to side and he threw his warm arm over my waist. I went to look up at him, to say something, but Quinn’s face was closer than I realized. His soft lips gently touched mine. I exhaled, after we quickly broke apart. The air was full of tension and excitement of exploring a new arena together.
“I’m sorry, Thalia. I just can’t resist you anymore. I probably shouldn’t have done that,” he said looking at me guiltily.
I shook my head, “Listen Quinn, there’s something you need to know. I’m terrible at relationships. Pretty sure I have commitment issues.”
He grinned becoming his normal self, “Well good, because so do I.”
He leaned down to kiss me again, but this time I opened my mouth. It was sweet, and although it wasn’t as innocent as the peck before it, it was nice all the same.
I broke the kiss and looked up at him seriously. “Quinn, I mean it though. I find it hard to express my feelings. I get nervous. I worry about being rejected. And for some reason I always fuck things up. I always freak out and seek approval elsewhere.”
“Wow. Okay,” he said.
“Was that too much?” I said worriedly.
“No. It’s good that you’re explaining how you feel to me. It’s just that, like, it’s kind of similar for me.”
“Do you think that could cause problems for us?”
He smiled warmly at me, “Thalia. It feels right to be with you now. Let’s just go with what we want, in this moment.”
“You’re right,” I smiled, “It feels right to be with you too.”