Status: In Progress

Caged

Something of Value.

From that point on, the two spent the remainder of the evening wrapped up in one another; whether they were kissing, tasting, touching, or simply enjoying each others’ embrace, there was never a moment when they weren’t in contact.

It had come to a point where Zack was huddled against Brian’s chest, 85% of the way asleep as Brian rocked him slowly, close to falling under himself.

The shorter man was the first to break the silence. “Bri..?” he half yawned, rubbing his face against his love’s shoulder; it was a sure sign that he was exhausted.

“Hmm?” Brian smiled, gazing down to Zack lovingly. They both had grown obviously tired.

“Baby…” he murmured, “…can we stay here forever?”

Brian blushed at his new nickname, giggling in the slightest and tightening his arms around the boy sitting in his lap. “I wish we could, my love…”

Zack pouted, causing his lover’s smile to grow further. “Why do I have to be different?” he asked softly, closing his eyes and relaxing his features. “Why can’t I be like you?”

Brian shook his head, bringing his hand to pet Zack’s hair.

“I love you the way you are, baby… always…” he smiled. “Your wings make you who you are… you’re beautiful…”

“But we can’t ever be a normal couple…” Zack sighed, shaking his head.

“What if I’d rather have it that way?” the older boy smiled softly, shaking his head as well. Zack giggled.

“I guess it’s okay then…” he half sighed, half yawned.

“It’s starting to get close to morning… We should probably start heading home…” Brian whispered, earning a soft grunt from Zack.

When the smaller boy said nothing more, Brian continued. “I’m sorry, baby… People could start showing on the beach soon…”

At this, Zack sighed. “Okay, okay… I’ll move…” he said softly. “If you really want me to…”

As soon as Zack shifted, though, Brian laughed, grabbing his angel around the waist and lifting him up as he stood. Zack smiled as well, turning so that he could wrap his boyfriend in a hug and kiss him tenderly.

The larger man gave a soft laugh before leaning down to collect Storm, reaching with his free hand afterwards to take a hold of Zack’s.

“S’go.” he grinned, and the pair began their walk toward home.

Neither said very much the whole way. The streets were quiet, and it seemed that people might start waking up at any time.

No house lights were on, only street lamps, as they walked down the street that would lead them to Brian’s neighborhood.

However, as they inched closer to each others’ sides, a loud crash sounded from behind them, causing each boy to jump.

Brian whirled around, but saw nothing. Zack shivered, suddenly jolted awake by the loud noise.

“Brian, what was—“

“Nothing, love… probably nothing…” he murmured, still glancing around as he reached and wrapped his arm around Zack’s shoulders, keeping him close.

Even as he gave this reassurance, Brian could feel Zack shivering, and he knew that he needed to get him home. Between the angel’s nerves, and the feeling delving into the pit of his stomach, Brian’s footsteps sped up.

“Brian?” Zack asked, looking to the taller boy anxiously.

Brian shook his head slowly, biting his lip softly. “Baby, don’t worry…” he whispered, bending to kiss Zack’s paled cheek.

However, before his lips met skin, he felt hands being placed on his shoulders just before a rough shove from behind sent him hurdling toward the ground.

A grunt of pain escaped the spike-haired boy’s lips as he hit the pavement, guitar still in hand; a loud crack sounded through the night air, one that made Brian sick to his stomach.

As he glanced to his side, he saw his precious Storm lying on the ground, broken into two pieces; neck and body.

Tears welled in his eyes as he began reaching toward the shattered instrument, but like his lips to Zack’s cheek, his hands never made contact with the broken, splintered wood.

Wind rushed from Brian’s lungs as someone landed a swift kick to his abdomen. Now, he didn’t care about his guitar; he needed to know who was attacking him, and more importantly, where Zack was.

As soon as Brian brought his eyes up, though, he was met by the barrel of a gun. A slight gasp escaped him as he drew his eyes from the cold, menacing piece of metal, searching for Zack, still.

Eventually, he found him, appearing to have just shuffled up off of the ground himself. His fists were balled up tightly and held beneath his chin, his arms shielding his chest. His body and wings trembled, and tears raced over his cheeks.

“Hey, who said you could look away?” a malevolent voice growled, and Brian felt the barrel of the gun press against his cheek, turning his head back toward whomever it was that was assaulting him.

As his eyes were brought back to those of his attacker, he sighed. A month or two ago, he might have wished for this to happen. It seemed unfair that it was happening now, when he’d just gotten his life back.

“What do you want..?” Brian murmured, looking down as his voice shook and tears welled in his eyes once again.

“You’re a good looking kid…” the villain smirked, and immediately, Brian’s stomach dropped in the worst possible way. However, his fears of this man wanting to violate him were disproved with his next sentence. “I figured you gotta have something that’ll be of value to me.”

“I don’t have any money,” Brian shook his head, a sudden bolt of anger flaring through his features, “and the only thing I had was my guitar, but it’s not worth too much anymore.”

A sneer took the man’s face over and he placed his foot against Brian’s chest, shoving hard and knocking the 18-year-old from his knees onto his back. “Don’t get smart with me, kid.” he growled. “What about your boyfriend? Where’d he go?”

Brian’s heart immediately picked up a sorrowful, nervous pace as he looked around frantically. However, a sigh of relief brushed past his lips as he found the angel to be nowhere in sight.

He didn’t blame him for running. “I don’t kn-know where he w-went.” he stuttered, his voice immediately wavering nervously, sadly, at his boyfriend’s absence.

“Well, I suppose if you’re worth nothing and will only cause me problems in the near future, if I let you go…” the man shrugged, as if what he were saying were no big deal. “Then I’d have to hope that your boyfriend won’t miss you.”

Brian’s lower lip quivered as he heard the man step forward, cocking his gun. There wasn’t much he could do now, but he decided the least he could give was a fight. He began to scoot back, away from his vicious attacker, seeing the man’s finger nearing the trigger. After all, he couldn’t just leave Zack here to fend for himself, could he?

However, as he closed his eyes and bit down on his lip, readying himself for what was to come when he pushed himself from the ground to run, he heard a call out from his right.

“No!” the voice cried, and he immediately recognized it as Zack’s, frantic and angry.

Brian glanced around, breath quickening as he caught sight of Zack bolting toward them.

Everything happened in the span of about a couple of seconds. All at once, Zack dove in front of Brian, wings stretched protectively in front of both of them like large, soft shields.

But this, by anyone’s guess, startled the man, causing a jerk reaction.

The last things that Brian heard were a scream, followed immediately by a menacing bang. His heart stopped.
♠ ♠ ♠
DRAMA. DUN DUN DUNN.