Status: Active<3

No Strings Attached

Are you comfortable, are you comfortable with this;

Draco lead the way back to the Gryffindor common room with Brielle, saying a quick goodnight before watching her enter the portrait hole. He turned on his heel, walking in the opposite direction and heading down the winding stairs. Here and there, the stairs turned and he headed in the wrong direction. He would stop, get frustrated, and try again. He finally made it down to his own common room, plopping himself down on the deep green leather couch. He signed dramatically as he saw Blaise Zabini striding down to him.

“How’d the match go?” Blaise asked, sitting across from him on the little table in front of the couch. Draco rolled his eyes, staring for a while at the slightly green ceiling.

“It lasted too long,” he muttered as he heard his friend laugh.

“You got yourself into this mess, mate.”

Malfoy glared daggers at him. “I did nothing of the sort, it was only the orders given to me.”

Zabini rolled his eyes at the platinum blonde in front of him. “What exactly is it you’re supposed to be doing anyway?”

“I can’t talk about it.”

Blaise looked at him incredulously. “That’s a funny one,” he said.

Draco looked down at his hands, debating whether or not to tell of his ‘secret mission.’ Then again, he didn’t think about it like that. He liked getting Brielle to fall madly in love with him, it seemed like a piece of cake. His thoughts roamed to her and her smiling face, her teasing voice and her gentle touches. He shook the thoughts from his mind and got back to reality.

“I’m supposed to get to her to fall in love with me.”

“That’s easy though, she’s already falling head over heels for you,” Blaise said. “There has to be more.”

“She’s supposed to be the key to taking down Harry Potter somehow, You-Know-Who wants her,” Draco said. Blaise quirked his eyebrows now, curious. What would he want with a little girl? A stupid girl at that. “Don’t give me that face, we’re keeping it at that. You already know too much.”

Draco thought over the idea he had planned for a while, the plan Voldemort wanted from him. Get her to trust him was step one. Check. Step two was bring her to the room of requirements and to him. That’s the last thing he knows. Lord Voldemort’s been keeping everything else hidden from him. He knows, Draco knows he does.

“And, do you have feelings for this pathetic girl already?” Blaise asked.

“Of course not.”

“Are you lying to me?”

Draco looked Blaise Zabini in the eyes. “You want the truth?” His friend nodded. “So, I have a little school boy crush. It means nothing, it won’t get in the way of the plan.” Zabini chuckled before the two felt a breeze come through the common room. The two looked around curiously before a little pink paper landed on Malfoy’s lap. The top said Draco Malfoy in such a girlish script.

“Brielle?” Blaise said, teasing him. Draco glared at him, whipping out his want and holding it to his mate’s chin.

“One more word and you’re done for,” Draco threatened.

Once Zabini nodded and Draco took his wand away and placed it on the couch, he opened the little piece of paper carefully.

Watch your girl in your Defense Against The Dark Arts class. There’s been a little… lying… going on. I’d trust you’d know where the seventh floor bathroom is. Here’s a little advice, take a little walk up there and just ‘happen’ to walk in there tomorrow night.

~ A


Draco stared at the short note for what seemed like forever before Blaise grabbed it from him. Draco grabbed his wand, said a spell, and the pink paper burned itself. He got up from where he was, standing closer to his ‘friend.’

“You never do that to me,” Draco hissed before slapping him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, here's chapter 11. I'm sorry it took a while. I've been busy with marching band and classes. I had a lab report to do for the past two weeks, but it's here now! And the next chapter should be up later this week or next week. I promise. I even wrote part of the next chapter already! :D Oh, and I learned the Party Rock Shuffle for myannual dinner/dance thing with my marching band! <3

Anyway, question. Hm. What do you think of Draco's little plan? And the note sent from Anonymous? :D

Comments make me happy. Please do so! Since I didn't get any for my other story. :(

~ Kristyn