Status: Active

Till The End

The Past

Seasons are changing and waves are crashing and stars are falling all for us...

Vienna had been driving for about four hours. She had hit Orange County about two hours ago and now they were trying to figure out where they should go. Vienna thanked God that she had filled up on gas before this happened. She looked in the review mirror to see Michael asleep, he had kept her company until he passed out. She looked over at the passenger seat and saw Jareth looking out the window.

"Nina, can we go to the water?" Vienna shuddered at the thought not knowing what else was hidden in the deep ocean.

"One day sweetie." She continued to drive until she got to the area with the many beach houses.

"Michael, wake up." Michael stirred and opened his eyes trying to figure out where the hell they were. He looked outside and saw the beach houses.

"Which one Michael?"

"One that looks empty and there are no cars around, cars means people." Vienna nodded and kept driving to the end of the block. There was no cars around and the houses looked untouched. She pulled up behind one of the houses and turned the car off.

"One of us is going to need to go inside and see if it's safe." Michael nodded.

"I'll go and I'll take Cali. You stay here with Jareth, he can't afford to lose anyone else." Vienna bit her lip but nodded.

"Please be careful. Take the hockey stick with you and call me when it's clear." Michael didn't say anything as he grabbed the dog and the hockey stick. He walked up the stairs looking around to see if anyone or anything was around. The whole street was empty, good to know that they took out the OC already. Michael tried the door handle but it was locked, that was a good sign but he still had to be sure. He didn't want to risk Vienna's and Jareth's life. He broke the window on top of the door with the hockey stick cursing when it made a loud noise. He stuck his hand through the window and unlocked the door. Pushing it open he walked in with Cali right on his heels. The house was dark and looked like it was untouched, opening the refrigerator door he saw there was nothing but crackers and water in it.

Michael closed the door and called out for Cali, she came running back into the kitchen. He continued deeper into the house; there was a living room and a guest bedroom on the bottom with stairs that led to the second floor. He called Cali once again and she followed him upstairs to the master bedroom which had a bathroom connected to it. The whole house was clear. He took out his cell phone and called Vienna who answered fairly quickly.

"Everything okay?"

"Yeah come on up, the house is completely empty." They both hung up and Michael made his way back downstairs. He made sure the front door was locked and the windows were closed all around the house.

"Michael?"

"In the living room." Vienna walked into the room with Jareth in her arms. She set him down and he made his way on the couch to play with his bear. Vienna walked back into the kitchen and put what was left of the food she got into the refrigerator not wanting it to go bad. She turned around and put her hands on the island in the middle of the kitchen for support, the knot in her chest tightened and she realized she couldnt hold it in anymore. She let out a loud sob and let the tears fall. She was being strong for Jareth but inside it felt like someone was ripping her apart. She felt arms snake their way around her waist, turning around she leaned into Michael's hug and let her tears hit his shirt.

"It's going to be okay, you're doing great." He hugged her tighter and kissed the top of her head.

"Let's go lay on the couch and keep Jareth company. He needs us now more than ever." She nodded and sniffled a little. He took her hand and led her into the living room. Jareth was planted on the recliner with Cali who was laying on his lap, he had his bear and his other toy that Vienna packed with him. Michael led Vienna to the couch where he sat down and made her do the same. She laid her head on his lap and instinctively he ran his hand through her hair. Vienna closed her eyes and basked in the comfort that she's needed the past two days. Her eyes snapped opened when she felt her phone vibrate in her pocket. She pulled it out and looked at the screen.

"Michael, Jesse's calling me..." Jesse, Michael and Vienna had history but they were no longer friends. Vienna stared at the phone wondering if she should answer it. Sighing to herself she clicked the green button, she felt her voice crack when she answered.

"Hello?"

"Vienna, where the hell are you?" Vienna felt her voice get caught in her throat. Michael noticed and took the phone away from her. He was very protective of his friend when people who had hurt her tried contacting her.

"What do you want Jess?"

"Michael? Where the hell are you guys? Val and I are hiding out right now."

"We're in Orange County."

"Why?"

"Beach houses are deserted."

"Send us the address and we'll meet you there." Michael looked down at Vienna who was still stunned.

"Fine. Bye." Michael hung up and gave her back the phone.

"Text him the address, he's with Val." Val was Jesse's girlfriend and Vienna's biggest enemy. She didn't want to be around Val but she knew if they got killed because she didn't help them she would feel guilty. Sighing Vienna texted the address and threw the phone on the table. She looked over at Jareth who was now asleep, smiling to herself she laid her head back down on Michael's lap.

"We're going to be okay right Michael?"

"We always survive."

"Thank you, I don't know what I would've done if..." Her voice trailed off.

"Hey, I know. It's okay I understand. We're here now. That's all that matters."
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun Dun Dun.
Hey guys comments are nice and thanks for those who are reading.
Lyrics in the beginning belong to Red Jumpsuit Apparatus.