I Will Love You Forever

Blake...

“Blake…”

I hadn’t seen him for a year. Now he was standing at my door, and the only thing that I could say to him was his name. I had pictured this moment so many times before, played it over in my head countless times. I was going to slap him with all my strength and then yell at him for leaving me. I would yell at him for breaking every promise he made me, for every night I cried myself to sleep thinking of him. He never even gave me the chance to say goodbye.

I cursed myself for the happiness I felt for seeing him again and for not having the strength to beat him and yell at him. He was noticeably a few inches taller since we last met, and his light brown hair had grown a few inches. Blake stood in front of me with a nervous smile.

“Andie…” he sighed, and the smile on his face grew a bit more confident. I hated how my heart skipped a beat from the way he said my name, from the way it rolled of his tongue so easily and the way he said it so soothingly. It reminded me of the first time we met in high school...

I was riding my bike home but today I was taking a different route home. There were so many things I had to do today, and my junior year had only started. I was so focused on my homework that it took me some time to realize that someone was trying to get my attention. I glanced back and saw someone calling after me.

“Hey! You dropped something!” I heard the boy shout. I turned my bike around and stopped in front of him and I felt my cheeks redden as I saw him. He had the most beautiful emerald green eyes, and his light brown hair looked so soft. I hoped he didn’t notice me blushing or if he did, I hope thought I was just tired from biking. “You dropped this while you were biking.” He smiled at me, while handing me a dark blue cap.

I looked at the cap, confused. It wasn’t mine… “Umm, sorry, this isn’t mine.” I said, looking back at him while handing it back.

“Oh, sorry… I just assumed it was. I’m really sorry about that.” He said, rubbing the back of his neck. “But, it is very nice to meet you, Miss…” He said, and it took me a moment to realize that he was asking me for my name.

“Oh. I’m Andie,” I said nervously. I felt like an idiot, but the boy just chuckled.

“Well, Miss Andie, it’s a pleasure to meet you. I’m Blake,” he said, sticking his hand out for me to shake. I loved the way my name sounded when he said it. It sounded so beautiful and special.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, too, Mr. Blake.” I smiled back as I shook his hand.

“Miss Andie, would you like to be my friend?” He asked.

“S-Sure.” I said, trying as hard as I could to not sound stupid.

“Then, Miss Andie, since we are friends, I would like to start by telling you the truth.” He said, and I looked at him, confused. He came close to me, and then whispered in my ear. “I knew it wasn’t yours…”

If he hadn’t seen me blushing before, it would be very obvious now.


“Can I come in?” Blake asked, and I realized I was still staring at him.

“Uhh, yes, sure,” I said, moving to the side so that he could come through the door. He stepped inside, and I closed the door behind him. We stood awkwardly in front of the door, and then I realized that I should invite him to take a seat. “Umm, please make yourself comfortable…”

Blake chuckled quietly and took a seat on the couch then I sat on the other couch in front of him. We once again sat quietly, until Blake cleared his throat. “Andie I-“

“I’ll make some coffee.” I said, standing up immediately. I was afraid to hear what he might say because I was scared that he would leave after he said it. I didn’t want him to leave again, at least not when we had just met again after so long. “Would you like some?” I asked him.

“Sure, I’ll have a cup with no creamer and-”

“Half a spoon of sugar” we both said at the same time. I smiled at him. “I still remember.” I said as I went to make the coffee.

We were sitting at the coffee shop near school. We had been dating for almost a year now but Blake still managed to surprise me, like today.

“What would you like?” Blake asked me.

“I’ll have a cup of Chai.” I smiled.

“A cup of Chai for the lady, and coffee with no creamer and half a spoon of sugar for me.” Blake smiled at the waiter.

“What? You aren’t going to put any creamer?” I asked him, surprised by his choice.

“What? I like it that way.” He smiled at me.

“Fine. I would like to have the same thing as him, please,” I told the waiter. “If you like it, then I want to try it.” I smiled at Blake before he could say whatever he was about to tell me. The waiter nodded, and brought our coffee in a few minutes.

I pulled the cup to my mouth, and took a sip. Without thinking, I spit it all out. It was so bitter! Luckily, we were outside…

Blake started laughing. “I was trying to tell you that you wouldn’t like it,” he said, as he continued to laugh.

Embarrassed, I lightly hit his shoulder. “Don’t laugh at me…” I mumbled, but that didn’t stop him. I felt my face turn a brighter shade of red. “Fine, then I’m leaving.” I yelled and I stormed off, away from him, angrily. After only a few steps, I felt someone’s arms hug me tightly around my waist.

“I’m sorry I- I was just kidding. You are so cute.” He whispered in my ear. “Won’t you look at me?” He asked sweetly but I shook my head.

“Don’t look at me right now,” I mumbled, as I felt my face burn. He turned me around and I softly put his lips on mine. When our lips met, the whole world stopped and I felt myself pray that the world never move again.


I handed him his coffee and sat down in front of him again. I took a sip, and watched as he took one too.

“You drink black coffee now?” he asked me, realizing that I had the same thing as him.

I had started drinking coffee black a few months after he left. It made me feel closer to him, like he was still near me. It reminded me of how he always slightly smelled of coffee…

“Yes…Why are you here, Blake?” I felt a huge lump in my throat as I spoke. Blake put his coffee down and looked at me, smiling.

“You always were blunt and to the point. That’s why I love yo-” he stopped before finished, hearing my gasp. It probably knocked him back into his senses. He didn’t love me anymore, he left me. He looked surprised but then he looked at me with his emerald green eyes and his smile was calm and earnest. “I love you.”

I felt my eyes water but I tried to keep the tears from falling. My heart had ached to hear that and it yearned for him to say it once more, for him to keep saying it; for him to tell me that every minute of every day. I tried to keep my voice steady as I spoke. “Why are you here Blake?” I said as calmly as I could.

“Andie, I love you with all of my heart.”

“Why are you here?” I said persistently.

“Andie, are you listening to me? I love you.”

Suddenly, I couldn’t take it. I’d had enough. “How could you say that? How can you say that, Blake?” I screamed through tears as I stood up.

It was Sunday and I was about to leave the library when I saw Blake. He was sitting with someone, though the person was hidden by a bookshelf. I began walking up to him, a smile on my face. Just as I was about to call out his name, he smiled at the person he was talking to and spoke.

“I love you.”

My smile fell, and I felt my eyes water while he was still smiling. I felt so embarrassed and I quickly ran to the door and left the library. As I left, I could have sworn I heard him call my name.

I waited at a light, until it said that I could walk across. I kept walking, as I felt tears roll down my cheek. It was so cold outside so they felt warm. I kept trying to dry my tears but more tears kept falling. I then realized that someone was calling my name.

“ Andie! Andie!” I looked across the busy street and saw Blake. “Andie, it’s not what you think!” he shouted.

“Then what was it?!” I shouted back.

“ Andie, there’s … I love!” He shouted, but I couldn’t hear.

“What?” I shouted back.

“I…ou…” he shouted, but I still couldn’t hear. He realized that I couldn’t and yelled once more. “Wait!” Then, he began running across the street. Cars honked their horns as they were barely able to stop but he just kept going, not even paying attention. I gasped in fear as I watched him do something so dangerous. He finally made it across the street and hugged me.

“What are you thinking?!” I yelled at him.

“Andie.”

“You could have died!”

“Andie.”

“You can’t just cross a street like that!”

“Andie. Shut up.”

“Fine,” I said grouchily, as I began to walk away. “I don’t care about you or your safety.” He spun me around, and locked me in his arms. I looked at him and our faces were only mere inches away from each other.

“Andie… I love you and only you.” He smiled, shyly. And even though it was winter and it was freezing cold, I had never in my life felt so warm.


“I’m so sorry, Andie; I left you and I shouldn’t have. I was too afraid of my parents, of my father. He refused to accept us and said that our marriage would be an embarrassment to the family name. And out of fear of what he would do, I listened to him. He told me to leave, and I did. But, Andie, I was in so much pain. I missed you so much. I love you so much. I had to come back. I had to see you.”

“Blake, you can’t do this to me…” I said, shaking my head. “Please don’t do this…”

“But, Andie, I was in so much pain. I missed you so much.” He continued, but I couldn’t go through this again, I didn’t have the strength right now. If he left me again, I would not survive. I was finally living a sort-of life and I had finally picked up the pieces that I was left with. I had given him everything but he had left me. After he had left, my mother had passed away, leaving me behind, alone. I had been all alone and the person who should have been there left me with no explanation.

“Please don’t do this, Blake…”

I hadn’t seen Blake in a few days. We had promised each other that on the day of our anniversary, we would meet at the park. I looked up at the sky and sighed. It was dark, and he still hadn’t come. Suddenly, I was afraid. Was he hurt? Sick? Why hadn’t he shown up?

Without thinking, I was running. I ran all the way to his home. He stayed in an apartment building and he had told me that he left his family because he wanted to be independent. I didn’t know where they lived, but I could tell Blake didn’t get along well with his father. I could see the anger and frustration on his face whenever he mentioned his father, which was rarely.

I knocked on the apartment door. “Blake?” I said, but there was no response. I thought he might be sleeping. I hit the door harder, then even harder, but he never opened the door. As I was knocking, I heard someone.

“That apartment is empty, dear,” an old lady said with a smile. “I believe the young boy who lived there left a few days ago.

“N-No. There must be a mistake…” I muttered. Blake couldn’t have left, he didn’t even say goodbye! He wouldn’t leave me like that. “Please, don’t do this Blake…” I mumbled to myself.

“No, I’m quite sure, dear. I said goodbye to him as he left.” She smiled and I didn’t say another word as I left.


“I love you so much. I had to come back, I had to see you,” he said. Every word of his broke my heart.

“No, Blake. Please,” I said through tears, as I tried to hold myself together. “Please leave, right now. I can’t do this right now…please.” I finally screamed. He couldn’t be here right now… This couldn’t be happening. When I glanced at him, I could see the pain on his face. I heard him sigh.

“Okay… I will go. But Andie, you wanted to know why I came. I came here just to hear you say it… I came here to hear you say you love me."

As soon as I heard the door close, I felt my knees weaken and I fell to the floor. This was the right thing to do, but it didn't feel right at all.

What was I doing? I loved him. I had always been told that love would have its happy moments and its painful ones. So, if I truly loved him, couldn’t I overcome the pain? I wiped my tears. I truly loved him and I wanted to be with him for the rest of my life. I had always told him that… I had told him that so many times as we looked at the stars. I told him that I would always love him and only him and the problem was that I had not been lying.

I stood up and left my apartment and ran down the stairs. Every part of me rejoiced as I got closer to him. Even though I couldn’t see him, I could sense that I was getting close. My heart raced as I ran outside and looked for him. He couldn’t be far, he wouldn’t be far. I had to tell him how I felt and how happy I was that he had come back. I wanted to tell him how I forgave him. Finally, I spotted him on the other side of the road.

“Blake!” I shouted. He was looking at the ground, I could tell he was upset. I shouted once more, “Blake!” Finally, he looked up and saw me. I could barely see his face.

“Wait!” He shouted from across the road. He began crossing the road, not looking at the cars. Cars honked their horns, and barely were able to stop.

“Blake, no!” I shouted at him. This was crazy; he shouldn’t be crossing the road like that this late at night. Cars honked their horns, and I closed my eyes and prayed. When I opened them, Blake was in front of me. “Blake?”

Blake smiled at me and I smiled back. I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him. “You idiot! You could have gotten hurt!” I growled, but I couldn’t keep the smile of my face. “Let’s go back inside.”

“Sure.” He smiled. I grabbed his arm and we headed back to my apartment. But, as I laughed and turned toward my apartment building with him, I glanced back feeling I had dropped something.

“You could have gotten hit by a-” my smile was cut off when I glanced at the road. People were gathering, someone had just gotten hit by a car. I could have sworn that when I saw a glimpse of the man, it looked just like Blake…

“Blake…” I mumbled, as I let go of him and took a step away.

“I'm so sorry, Andie…” He smiled at me. I sensed this would be the last time he would say my name so sweetly. It would be the last time anyone said my name so perfectly that it made my cheeks flush.

“No, no, no…” I whispered to myself. I walked onto the road, away from BIake. I didn’t look back at him. I didn’t even glance. I had a bad feeling that was turning my stomach inside out. I ran to the huge crowd, and I fell to my knees, next to the person who lay dead on the street. It felt like the wind had been knocked out of me as I stared at the man. My breaths were shallow as I gripped myself for some sort of support. His soft light brown hair was matted with blood. His green eyes stared at me but there was no luster, no light. His clothes were spotted with red and the ground below him had becoming a sickening brown.

“Baby, I love you so much.”

“I do, too.” I think I felt tears running down my face but I couldn’t feel anything anymore.

“Baby, I want to be with you forever.”

"I want the same."

"Baby, I'm gone..."

I felt a lump in my throat, and suddenly I could feel the pain in every bone in my body. I screamed in agony. “But, Baby, I will love you forever…” I mumbled, touching his cold face, watching my warm tears fall on his cheeks, but their warmth wasn’t enough to bring him back.

“…Forever…”
♠ ♠ ♠
thank you for reading. I hope you liked it. =)