Status: :D

To Spend a Fortune

Drama Queen

“I’ve always wanted to go to New York,” Nellie says.

I roll my eyes. “And how do you plan on telling our parents that we’re going on a random trip to New York?”

She raises an eyebrow. “Is Ryan Miller, town trouble maker, worried about what his mommy will think?”

I just scoff even though she’s right. Luckily for her, a waiter comes up to take our orders before I can say something rude. He asks Nellie what she wants first and I notice Cam glaring at him, but I just ignore it because I think that he’s hungry.

“I’ll have Coke and a burrito with vegetarian beans, rice, some peppers, and that’s it. No meat or I’ll die. Oh, and your spiciest hot sauce,” I say, trying to keep a straight face.

Cam bites his lip to hide his smile and Nellie just rolls her eyes.

“You’re a drama queen,” she says once the waiter is gone.

“No I’m not. I’m just prepared for the worst.”

“Pessimist.”

“Realist,” I correct.

She scoffs. “You are not a realist. You’re a drama queen.”

I just wave her off and stare at the wall until the food comes. I glance up at the waiter suspiciously and start examining my food to make sure that he got my order correct.

I stop when Nellie flicks my hand.

“Ouch,” I mutter as I rub the spot. “What was that for?”

“Ryan, since when does this place ever mess up your order?”

I shrug. “There’s always a first time.”

“Whatever. Drama queen,” she says with a smirk.

I try to subtly finish checking my food, but she flicks me again.

I yelp. “Cameron, control her!”

I narrow my eyes at him when he just shrugs with a passive smile.

“It’s funny,” he explains.

“Is not.”

“It is.”

I shoot the wrapper from my straw at his head. “Is not.”

“Nellie!” he cries

She flicks me again and I jump up from my chair.

“Jesus! Would you stop that?”

She shrugs with an innocent smile so I narrow my eyes at her. I run a hand through my hair and grimace before making my way to the bathroom. Cameron joins me soon after.

“Why did you run off like that?”

I point to my hair. “Do you not see this mess? I can’t go out in public like this.”

He just blinks a few times and furrows his brow.

“It doesn’t look any different then it normally does.”

“It’s frizzy,” I protest. “It’s ratty and frizzy.”

“You sound like a girl. Just leave your hair alone or you’re going to turn it into a giant mess. Come on. Let’s go back out there. We shouldn’t leave Nellie alone for too long.”

“Nellie’s a big girl. She can take care of herself. So who’s in the passenger seat?” I ask with a smirk.

Cam glances over in confusion so I sigh and explain.

“We were just talking about who is sitting in the car next to your before your girl interrupted. So what does she look like? Is she hot?”

My smirk widens when he starts to blush.

“Come on. We’ve been in here long enough. People are going to start to wonder what we’re doing.”

He scampers out of the bathroom before I can stop him so I just huff and follow.

“I’m going to keep bugging you about this until you tell me.”

“Of course you are,” he grumbles.

I grin impishly and plop myself down in my seat.

“So how are we going to do this?”

A glint shines in Nellie’s eyes at my word and her lips curl into a smirk as if she already has a plan.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello. Comment please :) Ryan is a dork and you know you want to say something about it.