Status: Very much active! :) Comments are appreciated.

Are You Questioning My Badassness?

TWENTY-THREE.

“So, are you gonna tell me now?” Puck asked as soon as the last bell of the day rang. I continued to put it off, however, until we arrived at my locker.

“Come on, tell me!” he pouted.

“Fine,” I rolled my eyes as I shoved my books into my locker. “So, after I went to talk to Ryder, he invited me upstairs, and I said yes. It was stupid, but anyway, we went up into one of Santana’s rooms, and began to make out. He started getting rough, though, and I tried to tell him to stop, but it just kept getting worse until he punched me in the face.”

Puck’s face turned from curiosity to complete horror. “He what?”

“Yeah…he punched me when I told him to stop. And then I spit on him, and he threw me in the closet and locked it from the outside.”

Puck was now angry. “Does he go to this school?”

“Fortunately, no,” I told him.

“How is that fortunate!? I could give him the best ass kicking of his life!”

“Yeah, but I’d rather not have to see his pathetic face,” I shuddered.

We began to walk out of the school together. I texted Jo to see where she was, but she quickly texted back, saying she was already gone with her father.

“So, where does Jo come into the story?” Puck asked.

“Well, she’s the one that saved me, hours after it happened. She convinced me to stay, and we partied a little. And then she got into a fight with Santana and fucking wrecked her,” I explained.

“…Why did I leaveeee?” Puck wailed.

“I don’t know. Why did you?” I raised an eyebrow. “I would’ve probably had sex with you if you were the one to save me.”

“What?!” he groaned.

“I’m kidding. I’m not a skank.”

“I know you’re not,” he smiled a little. “And I’m proud that you stood up to Ryder. Not many girls would have.”

“What can I say? I’m one of a kind,” I shrugged and grinned at him.

“I agree,” he said, and then took me by surprise by wrapping one of him arms around my shoulder. He squeezed me in closer to him as we finally made it to his truck. He hopped in the driver’s seat while I took shotgun.

Once we’d exited the parking lot and went onto the main road, there was an awkward silence. I sat there, not knowing what to say, so when Puck turned the radio up, I was a little relieved to hear Rush’s “Spirit of Radio” coming from his truck speakers. I sang along a little, and was getting into it with the air drums and shit, when he looked over at me, smiled and said “I have something better.”

I thought What the hell is better than Rush?, but nodded and watched him pick around in the CD collection in the console. He eventually took one out and put it into the CD system, where things went downhill. Why? Because the CD playlist went a little like this:

1. Love Hurts – Nazareth.
2. Is This Love? – Whitesnake.
3. What Kind of Love is This? – Streetheart.
4. Fell in Love With a Girl – The White Stripes.
5. All I Wanna Do is Make Love to You – Heart.
6. Whole Lotta Love – Led Zeppelin.
7. Find Your Love – Drake.
8. What is Love? – Haddaway.
9. Can’t Help Falling in Love – Elvis Presley.
10. Sunshine of Your Love – Cream.

See a pattern?

“What kind of CD is this?” I laughed out loud.

He looked over. “It’s the ’love’ CD I use to try to get into chick’s pants.”

“And does it work?” I asked.

“Usually. Just not when I want it the most,” he gave me a serious look, which made me turn the other way awkwardly. The rest of the ride was spent with my head pressed against the window, staring out at the trees as Queen’s “Somebody to Love” blasted through the speakers.

After what seemed like forever, Puck pulled up in my driveway. I grabbed my bookbag and began to open the truck door, after mumbling a “Thanks for the ride”.

“Hey, wait. Stop,” Puck grabbed my arm gently, but still with enough force to keep me from getting out. I looked over at him questionably, feeling my cheeks heat up.

He looked super awkward, and kept staring at the ground, but when his eyes met mine, I knew what was coming. “I have a serious question.”

“Yeah?” I tried to sound surprised.

“Please don’t get mad, or walk away…but I was just wondering… Will you go out with me?”

I swallowed nervously, my eyes not leaving his. I honestly didn’t know what to say. I mean, I knew it was coming, but he’d still caught me off guard. “Umm…” I began.

“Shit. I knew I shouldn’t have asked,” his face dropped as he let me go.

“I uh…I have to go,” I told him.

“I’m sorry…” he gave me a sad look.

“Don’t be,” I said. “I just…have to go.”

I quickly shut the door and ran up my driveway, needing to get away from the total fucking awkwardness. How could he ask me that, out of the blue? I mean, when did he start liking me? It was so sudden. I entered my house with my cheeks still burning, threw my bookbag down in the porch, and went up to my room. I locked the door, sat down in the middle of the floor, and stared into the big mirror in front of me for about three hours straight, crying and wondering why and what had just happened.
♠ ♠ ♠
Decided I'd update before "Judgment Day". LOL.