‹ Prequel: Mocking Bird

Walk Away I'm Okay

I Need You To Be There For Me

I stood pacing in front of the studio I was suppose to be in, my heart rate I bet a million dollars was sky high as I looked around the surprisingly deserted area. I bit my lip and ringed my hands out before reaching and grabbing my phone from my pocket and checking the time.

I had pulled a few strings and got someone to be able to sing with me beside Eric and CiCi, not that I didn't like the idea of them singing with me, but I had gotten inspiration the last couple of days and wrote yet another song and I had the person I wanted to sing with in mind.

I heard a a pair of footsteps rushing my way. I turned around and a grin broke my my anxious face.

"LEO!!" I called out waving my arms around. As I watched his rushed figure wave back as he got closer. He slowed down and stopped in front of me.

"H-hey Jordan." he said catching his breath.

"Thank you so so so much Leo, you have no idea how much this means to me." I said quickly.

He flashed me a smile. "Hey no problem, Jordan my little note did say anything didn't it?" he asked laughing.

I laughed and nodded before grabbing his arm and pulling him into the studio.

"Come on your late, meaning we're late, I had Dan start on the percussion part." I said as we rushed into the hall that lead to the room we were recording in.

Knocking I open the door and stick my head in. I see CiCi, Eric, Timmy(the sound board dude who's really nice), the producer Jeff, my dad, and Uncle Matt.

"Sorry guys." I said walking in the room ushering in Leo, who was behind me. He closed the door and leaned against the wall next to me bitting his lip.

"Hey Sweet Pea." My dad said grinning at me, I gave him a smile as I looked through the glass seeing Dan beating the shit out of his drum set.

"How is it?" I asked looking over at the experts.

Matt and my dad both raised their thumbs up and Jeff nodded to the beat. Timmy just flashed me a smile.

"It's great, JoJo. We can get Eric and CiCi then your part of the guitars and then you and your uh friend... I'm sorry who are you?" asked Jeff as he turned his attention to Leo who froze as the attention went to him.

"Uh I'm Leo." he said dumbly while rubbing his neck with his hand.

Eric and CiCi both looked at each other before looking at me.

"You didn't dream him up!" CiCi exclaimed throwing her hands in the air.

"I told you I wasn't dreaming him up." I muttered rolling my eyes.

"They thought I was a dream?" Leo whispered to me. I looked over at him.

"They thought the drugs I was on and that I had just woken up before they got there that I dreamt you up." I said rolling my eyes again.

He chuckled and stood straighter next to me.

"To be honest I'm real." he said with a laugh as he shook Eric's hand.

"Sorry we couldn't be sure." he said with a smile.

"They didn't trust me." I said crossing my arms.

The boys chuckled as my dad and Matt came over and shook Leo's hand.

Leo looked in aw'ed as he then quickly looked over at me. I just flashed him a smile.

Jeff told Dan to stop and that they had enough for today.

"I think we should hear what this young man has to sing for us how about both of you get in the booth?" he asked as we shared a look, I shrugged.

"Sure." I said as I walked in with Leo walking in after me.

"This is so weird." he muttered as he slipped the headphones on. I chuckled."Yup."

"Now seeing as we don't have enough music track this is just a test run to the demo Jordan tracked down."

"Just my guitar right?" I asked looking over at my dad who grinned.

"Yeah baby girl." he said I sighed and looked over at Leo who was looking around nervously.

"Hey relax." I whispered.

He flashed me a smile.

"Thanks Jordan you don't know how much this means to me." he whispered back gripping my hand tightly and letting go as the guitar started in the headphones.

Leo looked down at the sheet of paper that was on the stand in front of us. I started off the song singing into the mic in front of us.

"Just One more moment, that's all that's needed.
Like wounded soldiers in need of healing.
Time to be honest, this time I'm bleeding
Please don't dwell on it, cause I didn't mean it

I cant believe I said I'd lay our love on the ground
But it doesn't matter cause I've made it up forgive me now
Everyday I spend away my souls inside out
Gotta be someway that I can make it up to you now, somehow.

By now you'd know that I'd come for you
No one but you, yes I'd come for you
But only if you told me to
And I'd fight for you
I'd lie, it's true
Give my life for you
You know I'd always come for you


I was blindfolded, but now I'm seeing
My mind was closing, now I'm believing
I finally know just what it means to let someone in
To see the side of me that no one does or ever will
So if your ever lost and find yourself all alone
I'd search forever just to bring you home,
Here and now this I vow

By now you'd know that I'd come for you
No one but you, yes I'd come for you
But only if you told me to
And I'd fight for you
I'd lie, it's true
Give my life for you
You know I'd always come for you
You know I'd always come for you
"

I cut off and watched as he took over while glancing at me with wide eyes. I smiled at him.

"Yes I'd come for you, no one but you,
Yes I'd come for you
But only if you told me to

And I'd fight for you
I'd lie, it's true
Give my life for you
You know I'd always come for you
"

"No matter what gets in my way
As long as there's still life in me
No matter what, remember you know I'll always come for you
I'd crawl across this world for you
Do anything you want me to
No matter what, remember you know I'll always come for you
You know I'll always come for you
" The music stopped and I slipped my headphones off as Leo stared at me. I bit my lip before looking at the shocked faces of my three best friends.

"I need to get something to drink." I said into the mic. Jeff nodded before everyone dispersed around the studio. Walking out of the booth I brush my bangs from my eyes and made my way towards the door.

"Jordan."

Stopping I turn to look at Leo who was giving me a look with so many emotions I couldn't pinpoint them.

"Yeah?"

"What exactly made you write that?" he asked softly coming closer to me I looked down and bit my lip.

"You helped me Leo, do you know that?" I asked softly

He looked down and nodded.

"I guess."

I looked at him.

"You helped me, Leo, you helped me get over things like my not being able to play and look I did, I played I've actually been writing more, my dad has walked me to bed countless of times to bed because I would be down in our recording studio working."

He looked at me with his blue eyes. "I'm not that special Jo." he said

I grinned." You don't see yourself as someone special but I need you to be there for me wether you believe it or not. But your my inspiration." I said softly.

He let out a shaky breath and looked around before looking back down at me.

"Why me?" he asked

"You saved me, you helped me, and you inspired me when I saw you that day on the pier singing to the crowd, and playing with your band. You guys deserve so much more then just a garage. Hell I know how it is, we were stuck in CiCi's garage for three years, it was my escape." I said shaking my head quickly.

He took hold of my face between his hands. Making me look him in the eyes.

"Your amazing at everything you do, do you know that Jordan." he asked softly.

I looked at him and licked my lips.

"No, I'm not." I whispered.

"You are." he said before reaching out and placing a soft kiss on my forehead. "Thank you." he whispered softly against my forehead before leaning down and staring me in the eyes.

"I'll be there as long as you need me, if you'll be there for me." he said.

I grinned before throwing my arms around his neck and kissing his cheek.

"THANK YOU THANK YOU." I screamed in excitement.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'd Come for you= Nickleback