Status: Oh hey. This is the beginning.

Let me show you how I see

Three

The boys followed closely behind my car as I drove through downtown Pittsburgh. I led them to the parking garage below my apartment and went to my usual spot. Geno’s car sat somewhat awkwardly in off to the side in the drive way. I walked up, laughing, as he rolled down the window.
“I promise I’ll be quick. Promise.” I reassured them, their faces slightly grim. I literally ran to the elevator and once off, to my door. When inside, I yanked off the clothes I had been wearing, pulled on a pair of jeans, a long sleeved white top, and a pair of grey boots.
I slicked on some lipgloss, stocked my purse and put on all the winter goods, then finally went out the door. It had taken me all but five minutes.

I ran to my car getting prepared to jump in when a loud honk nearly made me jump out of my skin.
“You ride with us!” Evgeni called out from his car laughing, probably at my surprised expression. Jordan hopped out of the front and moved to the back seats, so I assumed I was supposed to sit next to Geno on the passenger’s side. I awkwardly got in and buckled my seatbelt. It was odd, being in a car full of men.
“So Maddy, how you like the job so far?” Sidney asked from behind me.
“Well, I haven’t really done anything yet.” I replied with a laugh. It was true. My first day on the job consisted of having fun and doing nothing at all.
“Yeah, but, do ya like it?” He asked again, smiling into the rearview mirror
“Haha, I suppose I do!” I answered. And, I meant it. How could it not be awesome? Sid turned his body to the far back, talking with Marc, Jordan, and Kris.
“How long you live here?” Evgeni asked glancing at me from the side.
“Almost five years now. I really like it.” I replied, suddenly shy again. I’m quite sure my face was a brilliant red. “Do you?”
“Yes. It nice. But, I miss home sometime.” He said, looking straight ahead again. I thought for a moment I saw him frown slightly, but, it was gone by the time I looked back.
“So uh, what bar are we headed to?” I asked, changing the subject.
“ Its surprise .” He replied, smiling. “Your first drink with team, after all."

By that time we were driving through downtown, passing dozens of building short and tall. I grinned as we passed the Christmas light filled trees, and the brightly decorated shops. Pittsburgh had that feeling of home, a warmth much like the one I got whenever I visited my family in Toronto for holidays. The city wasn’t spectacular and show-offy like new York, and, didn’t have much of a business atmosphere as Chicago, but it was a place of community.
As a child, the penguins where always my favorite team. My parents tried their best to convince me into liking the Maple Leafs, but, I just couldn’t resist Mario Lemieux and the tight-knit family like team of the Pens. I would sit and watch the games on my v.c.r. television, bouncing up and down and squealing every time they made a goal. I ended up going to college at Pennsylvania state, majoring in business management and linguistics. It was like I was supposed to be a Pittsburgh girl, born and raised, not a French Canadian.
We stopped and parked on the side of the main street, across from a brightly lit, noise filled Pub.
“You guys’ favorite pub is….Jerome Bettis’?” I asked, laughing.
“Well, it’s Jordan’s favorite. I personally find it awful.” Sid said, rolling his eyes as we walked across the road.
“Tha’ isn’t true. You were jus’ talking aboot how much you loved the burgers.” Kris cut in, rolling his eyes as well. “Aye Geno. Your lady coming tonight?” He asked, holding the door to the pub open for me. My heart sank, and it sank a lot lower than it should have. He had a girlfriend. So much for trying to flirt.
“Whatever.” I thought. “The best thing is to not have a personal relationship with clients anyway.”
“Eh, no. She has other thing to do.” Evgeni replied, rubbing the back of his head. Was he guilty? Most likely not.

My spiteful attitude went away pretty quickly, seeming as which the boys decided to get me drinking pretty soon. I was giggling and tripping around in no time at all. I only needed a pint of beer to get me going, while they, being huge and used to drinking a lot, took much more.
“This is a really, really awesome pub, you know?” I slurred, leaning on Sidney.
“Oh yeah. I know what you mean.” He replied grinning and holding me up as I slumped a little more on my stool.
“Ha ha ha! Look at her, she looks like she’s going to fall any second now!” Marc-Andre said, laughing merrily and taking another gulp of his drink. I giggled and turned back to my nearly empty pint.
“You sure you wan’ more of tha’, peu de chose?” Tanger asked, reaching for my drink. I pulled it away and attempted to glare at him. I failed, and began to laugh again.
“You have sex hair.” I hiccupped, nearly falling again. Jordan and Sidney burst into their loud, horsey laughs.
“I dunnoo Letang. Let her have more to drink. This is fucking hilarious.” Jordan said, balancing me on my seat. I turned around and gave him a cheesy grin.
“Aww, thanks blondey.” I patted his chest and took another drink. I put my cup down and turned to talk to Marc-Andre when I tipped over and fell to the ground. Everything around me started to fade away into darkness.
“Ah ha ha! Look, she actually fell!”
“Aww man. Dan is gonna be pissed.”
“ You’re worried about Dan? Shero is gonna kill us. Aye, Geno. You should take her home. You haven’t had anything to drink yet, right?”
After a few moments, the sounds, just like the sights, of the pub disappeared. Everything was black.

I woke up in a car. Geno’s, I predicted. I moaned and shut my eyes again, pressing my head against the cold glass of the window.
“You okay?” A thick accent asked quietly.
“Yeah. I’m alright.” I replied, glancing over at Evgeni. Suddenly, a wave of nausea hit me. I moaned again and put my head between on my legs.
“You going to puke?” His voice was calm, but, after looking back at his face, you could tell he was concerned. I wasn’t sure if it was for me or his car.
“No, no. Its okay.” I groaned, sitting back up. My head was throbbing.
“You sure?” He asked. I could hear the worry breaking through his voice.
“I promise. Besides, we’re here.” I said as we pulled under the parking deck of my loft. I opened the door and basically fell out of the car. “I guess I’ll see you tomorrow.” I started to stumble towards the elevator when I felt a arm around my waist.
“You want me to carry? You no look so good.” Evgeni said, holding me up.
“Oh, thanks. I think I can make it though.” I said, glaring at him. I knew he hadn’t meant that I didn’t look pretty, (though I most likely didn’t.) but, I was irritated with him. I suppose I really wanted to have a night to flirt without knowing that he had a girlfriend. I broke free of him and continued walking, only to trip. He caught me before I faceplanted.
“I carry you now.” He said, laughing. I frowned and let him lift me up. I could feel this muscles exert slightly under my weight.
“Fine. Whatever.” I resigned weakly. He walked into the elevator. I instructed him to push the seven button.
“What number?” He asked when we reached the seventh floor.
“Seventy-one.” I replied tiredly. My eyes were becoming heavy. I yawned and leaned my head on his torso. He laughed quietly as we walked towards my door.
“What…Are you laughing…At?” I asked, yawning again.
“Your house. My number. They’re same.” He said, laughing again. I had never thought of it that way, and, it was a bit funny, but my head was hurting too much for me to care. When we got to my door, I pulled my keys out of my pocket and reached for the doorknob, but ended up stabbing the door instead. He gently took the keys out of my hand and turned them in the lock.
Evgeni walked carried me into my loft and took me to my room. He very carefully laid me on my bed and took off my shoes.
“I-I’m okay….You can…Go.” I whispered as he put my blanket over my body.
“You sure?” He asked, standing next to my side of the bed.
“Mhmm…..” I replied, closing my eyes. Within a matter of seconds I was asleep. I could faintly hear my front door open, then quietly close.
♠ ♠ ♠
Soooo, this sucks. I'm sorry it took me so long to put up such bullshit.

But, thank you for reading! I appreciate it!