We've Got It All Figured Out... For Now

Your ADHD

“Mommy, Mommy! Is it time to go yet?” Emma buzzed while running up to me.

“Almost sweetie. But we have to go to the doctor first,” I told her.

“Why?”

“I have to get the results back from a test I took there a few days ago,” I smiled while getting my shoes on.

“But then after that are we going to art class?” She asked me.

“Yep, right after,” I reassured her while leaning down to give her a kiss on the head.

Once I slipped my shoes on I told Emma to run upstairs and get her own shoes while I went out into the garage where I found Josh putting away a few things.

“You ready to go honey?” I asked.

“Yeah, I’m ready whenever you are,” Josh grinned.

So we enrolled Emma in a little art class. She loves drawing and we thought she would enjoy it. I didn’t start having art lessons until I was 12 and I would have loved to have had them as a kid. You learn so much and so many good techniques. Even if Emma doesn’t want to do anything with art it’s not like it’s hurting anything, and she’s super excited.

“I’M WEADY!” She shouted the second she ran into the garage.

“Wow, you better cool it on the Rockstars and Red Bulls kiddo,” Josh teased.

“Daddy, you funny,” Emma giggled as we buckled he into the backseat of the truck.

We drove to the doctors office first for my appointment. I was so nervous to see the results of a test I got done a few days ago. While we sat in the waiting room Josh held my hand the entire time, making me feel a little less nervous..

I haven’t told Emma about anything because I don’t even know what these results may come back with, it’s just Josh and I… I have this feeling… I don’t know!

”Kirsten Grant,” A lady called, breaking me out of my reverie.

I stood up and Josh slipped an arm around my waist and took hold of Emma’s hand as we walked back into a different room where we sat and waited more. Eventually my doctor walked through the door holding an envelope in her hand.

“Hey Kirsten, how are you?” She kindly asked.

“Pretty good. I’ll feel better once I found out the results though,” I smiled.

“I can agree with that,” Josh chuckled.

“What’s it for Mommy?” Emma questioned.

“Hold on a minute sweetie and we’ll tell you,” I grinned at my little girl who was tucked under Josh’s other arm.

“So what’s it say?” Josh asked the doctor.

“Well, congratulations, you are pregnant,” She told me.

”No way!” I squealed while hugging onto Josh.

“I’m so happy,” Josh sighed while kissing my cheek and rubbing my back a little bit.

“Why are you happy, Daddy?” Emma buzzed while bouncing up and down on his lap.

“Honey, Mommy’s going to have a baby,” He told her with a big smile on his face.

“Weawwy?” She beamed. Oh that girl still has trouble with her R’s… and she has a little bit of a lisp but I find it super cute and so does Josh.

“You’re going to be a big sister,” I grinned at her.

“Yay!” Emma shouted while throwing her arms around my neck and giving me a wet kiss, then did the same to Josh.

We got a little more info from the doctor, made my next appointment, then headed toward the truck. Josh lifted Emma into the backseat, in the seat behind mine then lead me to my door.

“I get to have the cutest preggo wifey again,” Josh said in an almost sing song way as he wrapped his arms around my waist and planted a few kisses on my neck.

“What? You don’t think I’m cute normally?” I countered trying to get an attitude like him but it just turned into a smile.

“I find you cute, gorgeous, beautiful, adorable, stunning and sexy all the time,” He smirked before pressing his lips to mine.

“uh oh. Sounds like our crazy daughter is getting impatient,” I giggled as I started hearing noise from the truck.

“She so has your ADHD and your craziness,” Josh chuckled while digging the keys out of his pocket.

“Hey, what if I wanna drive?” I asked while bringing my hands up to rest on my hips.

“Sorry, access denied,” He laughed.

“Not even if I give you kisses?” I battled.

“When we get home from taking Emma to art?” Josh questioned.

“Yeah,” I smiled.

“How about you give me kisses when we get home and you be super nice and let me drive,” He smirked but then gave me a puppy dog look.

“Ugh you know I can’t resist the puppy dog look,” I whined.

“I know,” He smiled while leaving a yummy kiss on my lips.

“Fine, you drive,” I groaned while he let out an excited Yeah!

Once I hopped into the passenger seat with Emma behind me and Josh was in the drivers seat we started rolling.

“Ready for some art class, Em?” Josh smiled back at our little daughter.

“Yay!” She squealed.

Josh was going through a stoplight that had turned yellow but it was too close to stop so he had to go through the intersection. The only problem was someone else was coming through the other way and slammed right into the passenger side. I heard Emma scream and Josh shout, that was the last thing I remember before blacking out.
♠ ♠ ♠
whoo!! Sequel number 2!

Kirstie

comments???