We've Got It All Figured Out... For Now

You Stole My Thunder

“Our baby is married,” I sighed once Josh and I climbed in his truck and headed to the reception.

“I know it makes me feel…old,” He chuckled but then the tone of his voice changed. “She’s not my baby girl anymore.”

“Aw honey. She’s still your baby girl and she loves her daddy she just has her own man to love now just like I have you,” I smiled while he took a hand off of the steering wheel to lace with mine.

“I love you,” Josh beamed.

“I love you too sweetie,” I cooed while leaning over and kissing his cheek. “Looks like you sprung a few more gray hairs.”

“I should talk to Tanner about that. He experienced that when I was still a kid,” Josh laughed.

“He’s so old,” I laughed hysterically. “It makes me feel better about my age because I always have someone way older!”

“Honey, you’re not old. You’re in your 40’s that’s not that old and you still look really young. Seriously, I’d peg you at like 35 if it wasn’t for how old our kids were,” Josh sweetly said.

“You’re such a sweetheart,” I smiled. “And still such a cutie and studly.”

“I’ll always be your Joshie,” He grinned.

I still can’t believe that Emma and Mason are married. I think it’s so cute though, I always had a feeling about those two. They were always inseparable, just like Josh and I were when we were kids. It brings back so many memories for me and it does for Josh too.

And Christian is now legally an adult, 21 years old. He’s followed in Josh’s footsteps and become a motocross rider. What freaks me out is that he rides just like Josh. Luckily Chris doesn’t crash as much as Josh did. You know what the cutest thing is? Christian rides for Honda and Josh is the coach! He loves it. Josh has done that ever since he retired when he was twenty-nine. It started to become just too hard on his body. Josh still gets out there and rides though.

Christian is still best buds with Jayden and those two are crazy. It reminds me sometimes of Kylee and I when we were that age. Christian’s personality is exactly like Josh’s but when he’s with Jayden that crazy hyper-ness that he gets from me comes out.

Then Mason and Emma… gosh those two are so cute. They’re best friends and they love each other so much. Mason grew up to be such a good guy and I couldn’t ask for a better husband for Emma. I think she’s pretty happy too.

“Kirst, we’re here,” Josh spoke up, breaking me out of my reverie.

The two of us hopped out of the truck and Josh slipped his arm around my waist as we walked in but turned our heads when we saw the truck that Christian was driving come skidding into the parking lot. The two boys stumbled out, engulfed in laughs.

“You were driving pretty fast there kiddo,” Josh teased while they walked over.

“Dad I don’t drive nearly as fast as you do,” Chris laughed.

“He’s got a good point,” I teased while poking Josh’s side.

Josh turned to me and started tickling me, causing laughs to pour out. I’m sure Jayden and Christian were rolling their eyes right now but I didn’t care. When Josh finished tickling me he hooked his arms around me and left little kisses all over my face.

“Do you two ever stop?” Tanner’s voice rang.

“Nope,” I spoke up.

“Well come on, we need to get in there before Mase and Emma get here!” Ky squealed.

I let out a squeal too before Kylee and I linked arms and started walking toward the door. We turned around momentarily and saw our hubbies and youngest boys standing there, all of them rolling their eyes at us.

“Well come on!” I giggled.

“You two have never changed,” Josh smiled.

“I figured over the years Kirstie’s energy would start to wear out but that hasn’t happened,” Tanner snickered while the four guys walked toward us and I stuck my tongue out at Tanner.

“I don’t think mom’s ADHD will every go away,” Christian spoke up. “And I’m glad. It makes mom who she is.”

“And unfortunately Aunt Kirstie’s ADHD rubs off on mom when they’re together,” Jayden laughed.

“They’ve always been that way son,” Tanner laughed while putting a hand on his shoulder.

All of us went in and took our seats before they announced Mr. and Mrs. Mason Foust. Oh it was so adorable to see them walk in together, smiling away and share their first dance. It makes me think of Josh and my wedding day.

“Now it’s my turn,” Josh grinned while giving me a kiss then stepping on the dance floor.

Mason smiled at him and the two shared a hug before Josh had his father/daughter dance with Emma. Those two are so close, but our whole family is really and I mean our whole family as in the Grant’s and the Foust’s, we’re all one big family.

After Josh came and sat back down, all smiles, Mason and Emma went back to dancing and other people started dancing.

“Hey mom, will you dance with me?” Christian asked.

“Aw of course honey,” I grinned while standing up.

“Chris! You stole my thunder!” Jayden whined. “I asked mom to dance.”

“I guess I’m just a thunder stealer,” Christian snickered.

“Aw now who do I dance with?” Tanner pouted.

“Okay, I’ll dance with you Tanner,” Josh teased as Kylee and I laughed loudly.

Once our giggles died down we went out and I got to dance with my little boy who’s not so little anymore. After a few dances someone tapped Christian on the shoulder. Christian smiled and stepped to the side and Josh grinned and held out his hand for me.

I wrapped my arms around his neck as his came around my waist and we swayed back and forth. I looked over and saw Tanner and Kylee in the same position as was Mason and Emma. Jayden and Christian, being the goofballs they are actually danced together….well as much as they could through all their laughs.

“It scares me how much Jayden and Christian remind me of you and I,” Ky giggled once we were dancing right next to each other.

“I know that could be a dangerous thing,” I giggled along with her before we went back to dancing.

“Emma and Mason remind me of you and I,” Josh smiled. “I’m so happy that you’re my wife.”

“I am too,” I happily sighed while laying my head on his chest.

Over the years a lot of things have changed but in a good way. I’m kind of sad that Emma is leaving home but at the same time I’m so happy and ecstatic for her. She gets to have the man of her dreams just like I have mine… and I guess Kylee has hers. And I’m sure one day Jayden and Christian will find a girl that makes them happy as well, I have no doubt. I’m so happy with the way my life has turned out and the best part is I know there’s so much more in store.
♠ ♠ ♠
my phone background has always been the beatles soooooooo thta's the same...

but yeah it's the last chapter, one more moto story then BTR! BTR! BTR!

The whole grant gang and yes Christian is James from BTR! hahaha

final comments?