Status: New!

Falling to Pieces

Sarah

“Terry! Just because you’re off duty does not mean that you can throw straws at me!” I exclaimed, throwing a straw back at him.

“Oh, come on! You’re here to help me, right?” He said, ducking. “I am, after all, renting a room.” He stuck his tongue out at me.

“That’s a lie. You pay for an apartment, with me, next door! Now, shoo! This is my first time working here, and I want to make a good impression.”

“At the service desk?”

“Yes, now go.” I waved my hand at him before smiling at a group of people who had just walked in. It had begun raining, and this group happened to be a tennis team. “Coming in for the night?”

“Yep.” The leader, a blond woman, said. “May we have our key cards?”

“Yes.” I looked up their room numbers and handing over their keys. “I hope you have a nice stay at our hotel. Your rooms are on the-”

“I know, I know, third floor.” The woman snapped before walking away.

“Geez, what climbed into her undies and died?”

“Terrence.” My friend jumped at the sound of his name. “That is no way to behave.”

“Sorry gramps.” Terry apologized, looking sheepish.

“This is why the hotel isn’t going to you.” Terry’s grandfather, Andrew, stood in front of me, looking tired. “I hope you enjoy working here. I haven’t had any complaints…yet.” Andrew looked at his grandson.

“What?” Terry looked around innocently. Andrew opened his mouth, but was interrupted by someone coming into the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, but neccessary. Sorry I haven't updated in a while, uber busy! Now, comments, love, and subscriptions are all appreciated.