Status: COMPLETE:) Sequel coming soon.

Marine's Daughter

Chapter 12

Waking up the next morning I was so excited to spend the day with Jake. Spending the day with Paul yesterday was extremely fun and I couldn’t wait to see what Jake had planned for us. I jumped out of bed with a smile on my face and hopped down the stairs to the kitchen. The smell of breakfast swimming in the air. “Morning Em.” I greeted walking past the kitchen to the living rom.

“Morning Olivia.” She smiled at me from the stove before I disappeared from view. As I walked in I sat on the couch and turned on the TV turning it to the news so I could see if there had been any changes with the war. There were several suicides and surprise attacks but those were everyday things over there. At one point I saw my dad run in front of one of the cameras and I smiled knowing that he was ok but then it quickly turned into a frown when there was an explosion a few yards away. When the news went on a commercial I turned it off and walked back to the kitchen.

“Where is everybody?” I asked Em as I sat at the table.

“Quil and Embry had patrol last night and caught a vampire scent early this morning so everyone is making sure it’s not anywhere around here.” She said flipping whatever it was that was in the sink. I nodded my head and sat at the table listening to the sizzling sound of the skillet. About ten minutes later the screen door opened and I heard a very familiar voice.

“Hey girl hey!” Kim’s voice echoed through the house.

“Hey!! Where have you been lately? You’ve been kinda MIA.” I said turning in my seat to her as she sat next to me.

“I know…mom has me babysitting and other stuff but thankfully she and everyone went to Seattle to visit my cousins.” She said.

“Well I’m glad that you’re here…hanging out with the guys all day is boring.” I said giving her a hug.

“How do you think I felt before you got here?” she asked hugging back.

“You poor thing.” I said touching my heart and her hand. She smiled at me and laughed.

“Here you go girls…I suspect that they won’t be back for a while so eat up.” Em said placing plates in front of us then grabbing her own and joining us at the table.

“So…have you heard anything about your dad?” Kim asked as we ate.

“Not since I left…I saw him on the news this morning but he was running past a night vision camera.” I said taking a bite of my omelet.

“That’s good. Do you know when he will be able to come home?” she asked.

“I don’t know. He’s been gone for over a year…so who really knows.” I answered.

“Yeah…didn’t you say the longest he has ever been gone was two years and like three months or something?” she asked.

“Yea.” I replied.

“How do you handle the stress?” Em asked making me look at her. “I would never be able to handle it if Sam or someone I knew went to war.” She said taking a drink.

“I’ve tried several things but the things that usually work for me are to try and not think negative and have faith that he will be fine and he will come home soon. That’s why when I was on the base everything reminded me of him so I tried to keep busy from helping train soldiers, to cleaning Humvees or even other stuff.” I explained. “Plus I’m pretty sure if Sam went to war…he’d be fine seeing as he can heal superfast not to mention he is really fast.” I stated.

“That’s true.” She said.

“So I heard you met Leah and practically went off on here.” Kim said smiling at me.

“Well she started it.” I replied.

“When Jared told me what you said I couldn’t stop laughing. I wish I could’ve been there to see her face.” She laughed.

“It was pretty priceless. You’ve got guts kid.” Em said pointing at me with her fork.

“Well what can I say…I’m a marine’s daughter…I gotta be tough too.” I said flexing my small muscles making them laugh. After we ate Kim and I went up to my room since the guys still hadn’t made it back yet.

“So…how’d your day with Paul go?” she asked sitting on my bed and crossing her legs. I looked at her confused cause I didn’t remember telling her about it. “Jared filled me in on everything. How they told you they imprinted on you, explained what they had to do and what you had to do and what your plan was.” She explained.

“Oh well it was…eventful.” I said looking through my closet for something to wear for the day.

“What do you mean eventful? What happened?” she asked. I smiled as I walked to my bed and put a shirt on top of it.

“Like I said…it was eventful.” I smiled while a small blush grazed my cheeks as I looked at the spot where I had laid when Paul and I did our eventful activity. She looked at me for a second then her eyes grew wide.

“DID YOU GUYS…YOU KNOW?” she asked in a hushed tone.

“No but we did do stuff.” I winked at her.

“Olivia…ok now you have to tell me what happened.” She said grabbing my wrists and made me sit down.

“Why do you wanna know? Haven’t you and Jared already done…stuff?” I asked looking at her.

“Yea but what stuff did you guys do…our stuff is different but what’s your stuff?” she asked.

“You know what four play is right?” I asked. She nodded her head and smiled. “Oral sex?” I questioned and again she nodded her heard. “Have you ever done it?” I asked.

“Which one? Four play or oral sex?” she asked.

“Either or.” I said. A light blush crept across her cheeks as I said that. “Four?” I asked. No change. “Oral?” I asked. Her cheeks grew redder. “Kimmie…you little freak.” I teased smacking her knee lightly. “What have you guys done?” I asked.

“I’ve given him a few blow jobs and he’s eaten me out a few times…and he’s used his fingers too.” She said looking at the blanket embarrassed.

“Kimmie are you embarrassed?” I asked.

“No more relieved because I finally have someone to talk to…I mean I could’ve talked to Emily but it would’ve been weird and Leah is out of the question.” She said.

“Oh.” I smiled at her.

“So what did you guys do?” she asked smiling at me.

“He ate me out and played with my breasts while he jerked off.” I laughed.

“Really? Wow…I can’t believe you actually let him touch your boobs.” She said shocked.

“The strange thing about it is he asked if he could touch me…do guys usually ask to do that?” I asked.

“Paul actually asked if he could touch you? Wow that’s shocking. Usually when he talks about the girls he has had sex with he says that he just got in and got out no questions asked.” She said.

“So that’s a no…do you know how many girls he has been with?” I asked.

“Jared has told me that its a lot but who even really knows. For all we know he could be making them up in his head…like a fictional girl and fake sex so the guys think he’s had sex.” She said. I laughed and got up off the bed. “So what did you guys do after that?” she asked.

“We went to Port Angeles and went bowling then went to a movie.” I said grabbing a pair of jeans from the closet.

“What movie did you see?”

“The last exorcism.” I said.

“Oh my gosh that movie looks so scary.” She gasped.

“It wasn’t too bad…yea I jumped every now and then when the chick screamed but that’s because I don’t like things to be quiet then a loud sudden noise to blare through my head.” I said pulling my shorts off and pulling the jeans on. She laughed as I started to get ready. When I slipped my top off I still had an under shirt on since I always wore one, I don’t know why so don’t ask me.

“Oh my god what did he do to your neck?” she laughed looking at me.

“Yeah he claims he marked me.” I laughed.

“Looks like you have some kind of disease.” She laughed. I rolled my eyes and put my top on before turning to my mirror and applying make-up over it to cover the hickey. When I finished I put my shoes on and fixed my hair. I loved this outfit. Before I could finish Kim’s phone rang and her mom said she had to go home since they had just got back. So then it was just myself and Emily left in the house.

“Hey Olivia…I’m gonna head down to the Hoh Rez to see my niece. Have a good day with Jake!’ Emily yelled from the bottom of the steps.

“’Kay Em…have fun.” I yelled back. I heard the front door open then slam shut then her car start a few seconds later. I finished doing that and just waited around for Jake to show up. While I waited I decided to e-mail General Worthington, my dad and let them know how everything was going, I sent them a few pics of me at the beach and other stuff like that. When I was done it was now just after twelve and Jake still hadn’t shown up. I decided to get on Facebook so I could pass by the time. About an hour later I heard familiar voices echoing up the stairs. I smiled as I quickly signed off and bounced down the stairs.

“Hey Liv…where’s Em?” Sam asked.

“Oh she went to see her niece for a while.” I smiled giving him a hug. “Did you catch the vamp?” I asked as I followed the guys to the living room and sat on the arm of the couch next to Seth.

“No…he ran north past the Canadian border before we could get to him.” He said. I looked around the room and noticed the everyone was here except the one person I was wanting to see.

“Uh where’s Jake?” I asked.

“He went to Forks to see Bella.” Quil said. My smile that I once had on my face quickly turned into a frown. Was he really standing me up? I thought he was supposed to fight for me?

“Oh.” I said shifting in my seat slightly.

“I don’t know why he still wastes his time with her…he should focus on his imprint instead of the leech lover.” Embry said as everyone nodded their head except Paul who I knew was hoping Jake would ruin everything with me. As I looked at him I smiled and he smiled back. Apparently Jake was more worried about Bella than he was about winning me over since I am his imprint. I sighed as I got up and walked out of the room and went to the back porch. The door closed with a slam and I sat down on the steps and looked out at the woods. I don’t know what came over me but it felt like my heart had twisted and a tear escaped my eye. I wiped it away quickly when the door opened again and a shirtless Sam sat next to me.

“You ok?” he asked.

“Yeah…I’m fine.” I said looking down letting my hair block my face.

“It sure didn’t look like it. Now what’s really wrong?” he asked pushing my hair out of my face. Sam was just like a second dad to me here and I couldn’t help but start to cry like I was with my dad again or something.

“He stood me up.” I whispered as I looked at him with a tear filling my eye.

“He stood you up?” he asked confused.

“Yeah…remember Paul and Jake were gonna take turns spending time with me every other day and today Jake and I were supposed to hang out but instead he ditched me, his imprint, for her. You would think that he would call me or something and tell me himself but no I have to find out from his friends.” I said wiping my face. I could tell that Sam didn’t know what to say so he just wrapped his arm around my shoulder and I leaned into him. “This imprinting thing sucks…why did they both have to imprint on me? This just makes things harder for me.” I said sniffling.

“I know Livia…but just follow your heart.” He said rubbing my back.

“Well it’s not much help either since it’s telling me to choose both of them. This wouldn’t have happened if I never invited you guys to the base. I’m not saying I regret it because I didn’t but…I’m just gonna shut up before I make everyone hate me.” I said wiping my face.

“I’m sorry he stood you up.” He said.

“Yeah me too…” I whispered. We remained quiet for a few minutes till he left to head back inside. At this exact moment I thought to myself…I want my daddy. He always knew how to make me feel better when I was upset, always said the right things, and was just always there for me. I knew that I couldn’t talk to him right now and it just tore me up. I will be the first to admit that I was daddy’s little girl even though I wasn’t spoiled because I wasn’t. I had to work hard if I wanted something even though he helped me a little. Like when I thirteen he told me I could have a cell phone as long as I earned half of the money for it. I did chores for three months before I got enough money to get the phone I wanted. I stood up from the steps and walked back into the house. The pack was sitting at the kitchen table eating left overs that Em must have put together for them.

“You ok Olivia?” Paul asked standing up and walking over to me.

“Yeah I’m fine.” I said walking past everyone and up to my room. I closed the door and laid on my bed and started crying even harder. A few seconds later I heard a knock on the door.

“Olivia…can we come in?” a deep voice asked from the other side. I didn’t get up…I just stayed there and cried with my head buried in my pillow. A second later the door squeaked opened and four pairs of feet walked in then someone closed the door. “Olivia what’s wrong?” Jared’s asked. I shook my head and sniffled.

“Come here.” Paul said sitting on my bed. I sat up and wrapped my arms around his waist before crying into his chest. I opened my eyes a little to see Jared, Quil and Embry standing against my wall.

“You can talk to us you know.” Quil said. I nodded my head in response.

“Then talk to us. We’re real sorry bout Jake standing you up but don’t worry about that…he’s gonna get one hell of a yelling from Sam since he sees you as a daughter.” Embry said obviously trying to cheer me up which didn’t work. When I heard the word daughter I started to cry harder and felt Paul growl at him. “What did I say?” Embry asked in a panicked tone.

“Nothing…I just want my dad.” I cried harder. I heard them all sigh and walk over to me to comfort me. Paul’s arms stayed wrapped about me while their hands patted my back trying to comfort me.

“It’s gonna be ok Olivia.” Quil said soothingly. After a few minutes my tears calmed down and I sat up then dried my eyes with my long sleeved shirt. “You ok?” he asked.

“Yeah…I think I’m gonna go to the beach for a little while.” I said standing up and grabbed my iPod.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea with the leech out there.” Jared said standing up from my bed.

“Don’t worry…I’m gonna take my phone and if anything happens I will call you guys ASAP plus isn’t Alice watching his thoughts?” I asked.

“True.” Embry said.

“I’ll see you guys in a bit.” I said walking out of my room with them following me. Before I walked out of the door a warm hand gently wrapped around my arm pulling me back. I turned to come face to face with Paul.

“Be careful.” He said.

“Always.” I smiled up at him. He let go of me and I put my headphones in my ears and headed to the beach. I listened to almost every song that described how I felt right now. From being confused on the Paul and Jake situation, to missing my dad, to feeling alone since none of them understood what I was going through and just walked to the beach. The wind was blowing slightly as I got there. I walked to a fallen log that was in the middle of the beach and sat in front of it then lend up against it just looking out at the water and thinking. Even though my music was blasting in my ears it was playing softly in the background as I got wrapped in my thoughts. I thought about how much I missed my dad with him being over there, I thought about the times we had had heart to heart conversations about whatever was on my mind, I thought about Jake standing me up, the day I had with Paul yesterday, and several other things. The wind started to pick up a little bit and the waves were coming in faster and crashing against the rocks. I started to feel myself drift off into sleep but I knew I had to get home before it rained so I stood up and started to head home. As I was walking through the woods it started to pour and it was freezing. Thankfully my top was a navy color instead of while because that would be embarrassing walking into the house with a see through shirt. I slipped my iPod into my pocket so it wouldn’t get to wet then wrapped my arms around my waist to try and keep warm a little bit. I don’t know what happened but as I stepped over a fallen tree I ended back at the beach but at a different spot. I sighed and turned back around to retrace my steps. After what seemed like forever I finally made it to the road and headed to the house. On my way there the rain picked up causing me to get soaked from head to toe. While walking down the road a truck sped past me hitting a puddle causing it to splash me. “REALLY!? YOU HAVE GOT TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME!!!” I yelled at the truck. I sighed and continued walking. It wasn’t long after getting splashed that I started shaking everywhere. I was SO cold. It was like being dunked in ice water then put in a freezer. My teeth started chattering and I could hardly see as the rain water stung my eyes. I finally saw the mailbox at the end of the driveway and started walking a little bit faster. I could see the guys in the living room and kitchen as I walked down the drive way toward the house. When I walked up the steps I slipped and fell against the wet porch with a thud.

“What was that?” Sam’s voice called from inside the house. I heard feet walking inside and a gasp. “OLIVIA!!” he yelled. The screen door opened and he rushed over to me. “You’re soaking wet.” He said.

“N-n-n-n-no d-d-d-d-d-di-i-i-i-p.” I said through chattering teeth. Sam rushed me into the warm house and I was instantly swarmed with questions, concerns and warmth.

“We need to get her out of these wet clothes.” Paul said.

“Take her up to her room so she can change. I’m gonna get some more blankets.” Sam said handing me to Paul. Paul rushed me up to my room and pushed the door open with his feet and stood me up. He went to my dresser and closet to get me some clothes. I stripped out of my clothes and quickly got redressed with shaky hands and chattering teeth. Once I was changed into my warm new clothes I climbed into bed and covered up. A few seconds later the door opened and Sam came in with blankets in his arms and the rest of the guys behind him. “Here, help me with these.” He said to the guys. They each grabbed blankets and started putting them on me.

“I-I-I-I’m f-f-f-freez-z-z-zing.” I said curling up in a ball on my side.

“You boys stay here and try to warm her up, I’m gonna go call Emily.” Sam said rushing out of my room and down the stairs. Paul laid behind me and Quil laid in front of me as they tried to warm me up. They were so warm. I scooted closer to Paul and pulled Quil closer to me trying to warm up.

“How did you manage to get so wet?” Embry asked looking out the window at the rain.

“T-t-t-truck…p-p-p-puddle…s-s-spla-a-ash.” I said coughing. A few minutes later Sam came back into the room with the phone in his hand.

“Em says I should probably take your temperature to make sure you’re not getting sick.” He said. “Wait do we have a thermometer?” he asked Em. “Ok, guess we gotta call Carlisle.” He said. I heard the boys slightly growl but stopped when Sam glared at them. “Love you too, drive safe.” He said before hanging up the phone. “Em says that we don’t have one and our best bet would be to call Carlisle to come look at her.” He said.

“Seriously? Why don’t we just take her to the hospital?” Paul asked.

“Because the cold outside would just make it worse.” He said looking back at the phone and dialing a number. I closed my eyes as I listened to everything. “Carlisle, hey it’s Sam.” Pause. “Good, would you mind coming down here? Olivia got caught in the rain and we think she is getting sick.” Pause. “Great, see you in a few.” He said hanging up the phone. “He will be here in just a few minutes.” He said. I kept my eyes closed and tried to get my teeth to stop clacking together. My body was still shaking but it started to slow down after a while. There was a knock at the door and all the guys stiffened while Embry ran down. A few seconds later Carlisle walked in the door followed by Alice, Jasper and Emmett.

“H-h-h-ey gu-u-u-uys.” I said shaking slightly.

“I’m gonna need to examine Olivia.” Carlisle said softly. Paul and Quil got up and I was covered with coldness again. Carlisle moved to my bedside and looked me over. His icy cold fingers didn’t help anything. “I’m sorry.” He said when he noticed me pull away. He reached into his bag for something and came over to me. “Open up.” He said. I opened my mouth and he stuck something in my mouth. A few seconds later he removed it and sighed. “She has a slight fever. 102.3, I’ll give her a prescription for the fever. Also she is to stay in bed for the next few days and if need be call me and I will come back down to check up on her.” He said.

“Thanks Carlisle.” Sam said shaking his hand.

“No problem.” He said before leaving the room. Jasper and Alice stayed for a little while longer. They stayed on the opposite side of the room since the guys were trying to keep me warm since I was still cold. After a while they left and the guys also left so I could rest. Sleep never came so I grabbed a hoodie, my uggs and walked downstairs to the living room.

“What are you doing out of bed?” Sam asked almost yelling at me.

“I couldn’t sleep and I was lonely.” I said leaning up against Seth. Paul, Quil and Jared had patrol so Embry, Sam and Seth were at the house. Emily was on her way back and I guess Jake was still up in Forks.

“Carlisle said you need to stay in bed and rest.” He said looking at me.

“Can I have some soup first? Then I promise I will go back up there.” I said with pleading eyes. With perfect timing Emily’s car pulled into the driveway and I heard her rushing up the steps.

“Where is she?” she asked panicked.

“She’s in here being stubborn.” Embry said. Emily came into view and looked at me. She put her hand on my forehead and sighed.

“What did Carlisle say?” she asked.

“She is SUPPOSED to stay in bed for a few days and take the medicine he gave her once in the morning and before bed.” Sam said sigh a sigh.

“Why aren’t you in bed?” Em asked standing up.

“I couldn’t sleep and I got lonely and I’m hungry so I came down here.” I said sitting up off of Seth’s arm.

“Well go up to bed, Seth and Embry will go with you then I will make you some soup and I will bring it up to you. Sam will you get the small TV from the garage and take it up to her room so she can watch TV?” she asked.

“No problem.” He said giving her a kiss before walking out to the garage. I suddenly had a fit of coughs that cause Seth to jump.

“Now…up.” She said pointing to the stairs.

“Embry will you carry me?” I asked raising my hands like a five year old.

“Are your legs suddenly broken?” he asked laughing.

“Yes…PLEASE!?” I wined again. He looked at me but didn’t budge. “I’ll tell Paul, Sam and Jake that you hope my cold makes me really really sick and I end up in the hospital. Now you wouldn’t want Sam, who is like another dad to me, to kill you not to mention Jake and Paul since they imprinted on me to kill you either now would you?” I asked coughing after.

“You’re so evil.” He said walking over to me and picked me up like I was as light as a feather pillow. Sam walked in before we made it to the stairs with a small TV in his hands then walked up to my room with me in Embry’s arms and Seth behind us. Emily rushed to the kitchen and started making me some soup. Once in my room Embry placed me on my bed and I covered myself up with the blankets as Sam set up the TV and Seth sat at my computer desk while Embry sat on the bed next to me.

“Here ya go kiddo.” Sam said turning the TV on and handing me the remote.

“Thank you step-father.” I smiled up at him. The look on his face was priceless. I had told Sam already that he was like another dad to me and Emily was like a mom and they saw me as a daughter. He bent down and gently planted a kiss on the top of my head.

“Now you two make sure she stays in bed.” He said pointing to Seth and Embry before walking out the door. He closed it quietly and I started flipping through the channels.

“Oh right!! JERSEY SHORE!!!” I yelled putting the remote down and curling up on my side to watch it. It ended up being a marathon so the guys were getting annoyed and I kept telling them that they could leave but they said no because I would try and get out of bed. Two or three episodes later Emily came up with a tray with a bowl of soup, crackers and orange juice.

“Here you go…the soup is chicken noodle since it’s the best for you.” She smiled at me.

“Thanks Em…I appreciate it.” I smiled up at her. She smiled then left the room. I ate my soup and crackers while watching the show, every now and then I interrupted it with loud violent coughs or blows of my nose. When I finished I took my medicine and almost threw up. Seth took my tray down to the kitchen and left to go home since it was really late but Embry said he would stay with me to keep me warm. “You’re a good brother.” I said hugging him. I could feel that I was getting worse. My throat started hurting, I was getting a headache and I was achy from head to toe, like I had just ran a hundred miles. I eventually fell asleep with Jersey Shore playing in the background.

“CABS ARE HERE!! CABS ARE HERE!!” Pauly D yelled. I hate being sick.