Status: COMPLETE:) Sequel coming soon.

Marine's Daughter

Chapter 4

~Sam’s P.O.V~
I had to talk to Billy about what was going on with Jake and Paul. I grabbed my cell phone and quickly dialed Billy’s home phone. After a few rings he picked up. “Hello?”

“Hey Billy, it’s Sam.” I said into the phone.

“Oh hey Sam. How’s California?” he asked.

“It’s good…everything there ok?” I asked.

“The Cullens came by a few hours ago and said that everything was good for now.” He replied.

“Excellent. Well I think that we might have a problem but I’m not totally sure.” I said sitting on the bed while Emily gathered up her belongings.

“What’s wrong?” he asked.

“Have you ever heard of two shifters imprinting on the same girl?” I asked.

“Who?” he asked.

“Jake and Paul.” I answered.

“Did they imprint on Olivia?” he questioned.

“Unfortunately yes.”

“And they are one hundred percent sure?” he asked nervously.

“They say they are. Billy is everything ok?”

“I’ve heard about it but it’s only happened once. When two shifters imprint on the same girl they will have to have a duel, basically fight for her. It’s going to basically be like a competition. Whoever is the greater wolf shall win over her heart but she could also deny him or deny them both. Either way it’s going to end in heart break for one of them or both. It’s all up to Olivia.” He said.

“Oh great…that’s just what we need. Jake and Paul fighting for a girl they will soon be leaving in a few days.” I sighed into the phone.

“You just have to remind them that while they hurt each other they are also hurting Olivia, maybe not physically but emotionally and mentally they are.”

“OK. Thanks Billy, I better get off here and let everyone know what is going on.” I sighed.

“Bye Sam and tell everyone I said hi.”

“Will do Billy.” I said then hung up the phone. I sighed as I sat it on the bed and fell backwards lying flat on my back.

“What’s wrong honey?” Emily asked lying next to me.

“Billy said that Jake and Paul will have to fight for Olivia’s heart.” I sighed.

“Well that should be fun to watch.” She said sarcastically. I snickered and wrapped my arms around her then pulled her toward me.

“We better go tell them so you and Kim can get over to Olivia’s.” I said.

“Ok.” She said leaning her head up. I bent mine down and gently kissed her then got up and headed to the living room where everyone was.

~Paul’s P.O.V~
After Sam told us everything Billy had told him about what was going on between Jake and I, I told myself that I would not lose and I would do whatever it took to win her heart. I decided that I would head over to Olivia’s to see her before she, Kim and Emily started their girls night but when I got there I remembered Jake was there and growled. I looked at her window and saw them sitting on the couch. When I growled I saw him look at me as he talked. I started shaking and growling quietly so nobody else could hear me. Suddenly she started to look out the window when Jake grabbed her face and kissed her. She seemed taken aback but soon leaned into the kiss. My heart squeezed together as I wished that I was the one she was kissing. Suddenly she wrapped her arms around his neck and sat on his lap. “It’s on now Black.” I growled to myself before walking away back to the apartment. WHATEVER IT TAKES! I told myself.

~Jake’s P.O.V~
After I left Olivia’s house when Kim and Emily showed up I walked around the base for a little while thinking about how her lips felt against mine, how they felt different compared to Bella’s, then my thoughts started to drift toward Bella as I made my way toward the apartment. When I walked through the door I was immediately asked by Sam to join him in the living room. I nodded my head and followed him in where I saw all the guys sitting. “Jake we need to talk.” He said.

“What’s up?” I asked.

“I talked to Billy about the situation with you and Paul.” He said.

“Ok, so what did he say?”

“He said that it’s only happened once before and the only way to end it is to win her heart over…fight for her…battle. He said that it could end with her choosing you or Paul but then again she could chose neither one of you. But the problem with all this is that we will be leaving in a few days.” Sam said.

“So I have to fight for her?” I asked. He nodded his head and I scoffed. “That will be easy.” I said leaning back against the couch.

“Yeah it will…for me. Why don’t you just declare me the winner of this “duel” so Olivia and I can get together.” Paul said from the doorway.

“That’s not going to happen.” I said standing up.

“You didn’t even want to imprint on her….you have been thinking of ways to break it.” He said glaring at me. I walked up to him and got in his face and was about to say something when Sam got between us.

“I think it’s about time we all head to bed…it’s been a long day.” He said. Everyone sighed but obeyed. I shoved past Paul and went to the room that I was sharing with Embry and Quil. I went to the bathroom and took a shower, brushed my teeth then slide my boxers on before heading to the room to go to sleep. This was going to be an interesting summer.

~Olivia’s P.O.V~
“So you and Jake kissed too?” Emily asked.

“Yeah…but he kissed me first then i didn’t know if I should kiss back or not, I mean cause Paul had just kissed me but before I could stop myself I was kissing back. It was like I was being pulled toward him by something. It’s so weird but at the same time it’s nice. Maybe I feel this way because they were my first two kisses or something. I sound like a freak.” I laughed as we sat on the couch with our feet on the coffee table painting them. “Is it me or do Jake and Paul seem to be…I don’t know, fighting over me maybe? Cause every time Jake looks at me or touches me Paul gets mad, and when Paul touches me or whatever Jake gets mad then they start fighting.” I said putting the brush in the nail polish to look at my toes.

“I don’t know…it seems that way. We all know that Paul has had a crush on you for YEARS but I didn’t think Jake did.” Kim said.

“Paul has a crush on me?” I asked shocked.

“Mhmm…you didn’t know?” Emily asked.

“I had no idea.” I blushed.

“So…which one do you like?” Kim asked.

“I don’t know…I’ve seen Jake more as a brother since I met him but the last couple months I’ve been seeing him different but Paul…I’ve always been drawn to him. I don’t know if anything would happen between Paul and I because I know how he’s been with a lot of girls and I don’t wanna end up being ‘Just another girl’ especially since it would be my first relationship. While Jake on the other hand…he really hasn’t had many girlfriends, he’s sweet, respectful, caring, kind, the way his eyes light up when he looks at me…” I said starting to drift into my own little world when Emily cleared her throat snapping me back into reality.

“Ok, if it came down to it…which one would you chose?” Kim asked.

“I. Don’t. Know. I really like them both for different reasons.” I said putting the polish on the table.

“Like what?” Emily asked.

“Ok take Jake…I would date him if to feel loved, protected, he can make me laugh at the stupidest things no matter how dumb they are, he is a great listener and more. While Paul…he is just a good time. When we talk on the phone or online or on Skype we never run out of things to talk about, he has the corniest jokes that make me laugh forever and so much more too. If I wanted to have sex all the time I would definitely go for Paul cause I know Jake is still a virgin like me but I’m not like that.” I said trying to explain.

“We understand. They are both great guys but Paul…bit of a hot head, Jake…he is totally shy about some stuff.” Kim said.

“Yeah…I know.” I sighed. We sat on the couch talking for a while longer before we decided to watch a movie, the Last Song with Miley Cyrus. I’m not that into chick flicks cause I like action and horror movies (except for a few) but for a chick flick with Miley Cyrus nonetheless it was pretty good. Emily and Kim were in tears by the end. After the movie we decided to crash on the pull out in the living room which was a queen so it was able to fit all three of us. I ended up in the middle since I wanted to sleep by both of them. As we lay on the bed in the dark I couldn’t help but feel sad, knowing that this wasn’t going to last long since they were leaving in a few days to go back home. “I wish this didn’t have to end. I’m having so much fun.” I said with a sigh.

“I know...but we have a few more days to hang, let’s make the best of them.” Kim said from my left.

“Yeah.” I replied. Emily yawned loudly from my right then Kim followed. “Don’t you know yawning…dang it.” I started to say before yawing. “Is contagious?” I laughed.

“Sorry.” Emily giggled.

“We better get some shut eye.” Kim said.

“Yeah…night guys.” I said.

“Night.”

“Night.” Emily turned to her right, Kim turned to her left and I layed on my back looking up at the ceiling. *This is gonna end to soon for my liking.* I thought before getting comfy and closing my eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments or subscribe =D hope everyone is enjoying it so far.