Status: COMPLETE:) Sequel coming soon.

Marine's Daughter

Chapter 5

*Fourth of July Morning*
“Come on Kimmie…we have to get to the parade!” I yelled from the front door of the guest quarters. We had twenty minutes to get to the parade which started in thirty minutes and it was a fifteen minute drive to the town.

“Coming.” She said walking out of the bathroom. I grabbed her hand as she got to me and we ran out the door and to the car that was waiting for us in the street were the gang, General Worthington, Mrs. Worthington and Samantha were waiting.

“Finally.” Seth and Quil complained as I crawled in and sitting between Paul and Jake.

“Sorry, Kim decided to change her hair at the last second.” I said getting comfy.

“Sorry…I forgot it was going to be hot today so I didn’t wanna leave my hair down and get all sweaty.” She said sitting next to Jared. He leaned over and whispered something in her ear which caused her to blush, smack his chest and laugh. “Shut up Jared.” She laughed.

“Sorry.” He laughed rubbing his chest then putting and arm around her shoulder.

“So are you guys enjoying your visit?” Mrs. Worthington asked.

“We are having a blast. Thanks again for letting us come down here to see Olivia.” Sam replied.

“Well I really didn’t have a choice…the poor girl was begging me for days end and let’s face it…it’s kinda hard to say no to that face.” General Worthington laughed.

“I did no such thing.” I gasped in shock.

“Oh yes you did…don’t try to act all innocent now.” He laughed pointing a finger at me so I pointed one back at him and playfully glared at him.

“I’m just sad that you guys are leaving tomorrow…you don’t know how much it meant to me that you all came to see me.” I said looking around at all of them. They all had smiles on their faces…well it was actually more like a grin but I really couldn’t tell. “Why are you all grinning like that?” I asked confused and kinda freaked out.

“Tell her.” Kim said nudging Jared in the ribs.

“No, you tell her.” He said back.

“Emily you tell her.” Kim said.

“Tell me what?” I asked looking at everyone confused.

“What would you say if we asked you to come back to La Push with us?” Emily asked. I looked around at everyone as my mouth fell open.

“That would be awesome but I can’t.” I said.

“Why not?” Paul asked. I looked up at him and I saw sadness in his eyes.

“Well for starters I would have no place to stay, I’m seventeen so I would need permission from my dad which he will say no because he likes to know that I’m safe, plus I wouldn’t even know how to live off of the base.” I said.

“I think it’s a wonderful idea.” Mrs. Worthington said. I looked at her confused.

“Yeah…plus you could either stay with Kim or Sam and myself, you could always talk to your dad, also it’s not that hard living in La Push.” Emily said.

“Olivia, I think it would be a great opportunity for you to get to make friends in a new place where nobody knows you.” Mrs. Worthington said.

“My dad would NEVER let me…you know how protective of me.” I said looking at her.

“What if I convinced your father that I would have soldiers come by and check on you daily and every now and then myself come visit? What would you say then?” General Worthington asked.

“I would say yes but I don’t think he will buy it.” I said.

“Come on Livia…while the soldiers aren’t there to protect you we can do that…you know these muscles just aren’t for show ya know.” Embry said as all the guys flexed their arms showing off their muscles.

“Well you could’ve fooled me.” I replied making everyone laugh.

“Ok, but what do you say? Will you think about it?” Kim asked.

“Sure…if you can get my dad to agree then I will think about it.” I said.

“YES!!” Kim silently yelled clapping. I laughed and sat back thinking. It would be awesome to live in La Push off the base with the gang, go to a regular school where nobody knew me…but I knew I would be nervous since what happened the one time I did try going to a public school. Before I knew it we had arrived at the town that was holding the parade and filed out of the car then headed out to find places. General Worthington, his wife and I usually ride in the parade every year but this year I chose to sit out. We finally found a good spot in the middle of the stretch. We sat on the curb for a while just goofing off, talking, admiring the decorations and everything before the first float came into view. The parade was basically the same every year so I knew what to expect. Finally when the soldiers from the army, air force, marines, navy, and etc. showed up the bands played their hymns and I sang the words to all of them. When the Marine’s passed us I stood up and saluted them which I got a salute back from General Worthington and a wink from Mrs. Worthington. I sat back down and watched some more of the parade before I started to get hot.

“Hey Paul…would you mind coming with me to get a cold drink?” I asked standing up.

“Sure.” He smiled standing up.

“Does anyone else want anything?” I asked.

“Pepsi.” Quil, Embry and Jake said.

“Mountain Dew.” Seth and Jared replied.

“I’m good.” Kim, Emily and Sam said.

“Ok so you all want water…that’s easy. Gotta stay hydrated.” I said. Before they could reply I grabbed Paul’s hand and led him through the crowd toward one of the vendors. When we got there I asked for eleven waters. Even though Kim, Emily and Sam said they were fine I didn’t care…hydration was important in this heat.

“You’re strict aren’t you?” Paul laughed while we waited for our waters.

“In this heat hydration is very important.” I smiled up at him as a bead of sweat ran down my forehead. I looked around at everyone and people were sweating, trying to fan themselves off or something.

“So why did you order eleven waters when there are ten people?” he asked. Just then the vendor placed eleven water bottles on the counter. I pulled out my wad of cash and was about to pay when Paul touched my hand stopping me. “I got this.” He said. I smiled up at him and grabbed some of the waters. After he paid I thanked the vendor and he grabbed the rest of the waters then we started to head back to the group.

“Here ya go.” I said as we passed out waters to everyone. When I handed Sam, Emily and Kim theirs they looked at me funny. “What?” I asked.

“We said we were good.” Kim said.

“Don’t you know…hydration is very important in this heat.” Paul said.

“That is true.” Emily said gladly taking the water then opening it. Sam and Kim followed. Everyone opened their waters and took a sip but I chugged mine half way. When I looked at everyone they were all looking at me.

“I really like water.” I smiled.

“Is that why you got eleven instead of ten?” Paul asked.

“No…the extra is for a cool off.” I said sitting my bottle down on the ground.

“A what?” Jake asked. I grabbed the unopened bottle of water and opened it. Then I tilted my head forward and poured a little on my head allowing the cold beverage to run across my scalp and through my hair then fall to the ground then I stood up and poured the rest on my head standing up soaking my chest, arms, back, and face.

“A cool down.” I said wiping the water out of my eyes. I looked at everyone and they just looked at me. Paul and Jake were staring at me. “What?” I asked.

“You look so hot.” Paul said licking his lips. I blushed and looked away. Thankfully I was wearing my bathing suit top under my white top.

“Ok, so um I’ll be right back.” I said walking through the crowds to throw my empty bottle away. As I made my way to the trash can by the alley I noticed a couple guys who were drinking and obviously drunk I also noticed that they were staring at me and pointing. I quickened my steps to hurry and get to the trash can. When I got to the trash can I pushed the flap open and tossed the bottle in but when I went to turn around to head back the guys were blocking my way. “Excuse me.” I said trying to get past them.

“Why the rush honey? Why don’t you celebrate the fourth with us…we won’t bite. Unless you like it.” One of them said pushing forward toward me. I took a step back into the alley to get away from them. As I backed away they stepped closer to me with their beers still in their hands. We got farther and farther into the alley and farther away from the crowd. I know you’re thinking…’oh my god she’s gonna get gang raped.’ But you have to remember…I know how to fight.

“If I were you I would stop and don’t come any closer.” I said stopping.

“What are you gonna do if we don’t?” one of the other guys asked tossing his bottle into an open dumpster.

“I could break your arms in five different places, dislocate a couple joints, maybe break a rib or two…maybe even your nose.” I said standing my ground. They started to circle around me blocking me in completely.

“I like my girls rough honey.” One of them behind me said. Before I could respond I was grabbed from behind and their attack began.

~Kim’s P.O.V~
“Where is Olivia?” I said looking around the crowd for her. The parade had just ended and she’s been gone for quite a while. “I’m gonna go look by the trash can.” I told the guys. They nodded their heads and continued to look for her. I zig-zagged through the crowd of people toward the trash can she had headed too. I didn’t see her near it but when I got to the trash can I heard yelling coming from the alley and it sounded like Olivia. When I looked I saw her circled by a group of guys who were obviously drunk. Suddenly one of the guys grabbed her and held her arms behind her back. “Oh my god.” I said to myself. I watched as they closed in around her but suddenly the one holding her cried out in pain and fell to the ground holding his nose. The other guys looked at him then Olivia.

“I warned you not to mess with me.” She said. The guys didn’t listen and went at her again. I turned around and ran to find the guys. They weren’t in the spot I had left them in so I had to look for them too.

“JARED!! JAKE!! PAUL!! SOMEONE!! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU!?!?” I yelled running through the crowd. I finally spotted them talking to General Worthington, Mrs. Worthington and a few of the soldiers. “GUYS!!!!” I yelled running to them out of breath.

“KIM!! WHAT’S WRONG!?” Jared asked rushing over to me.

“It’s…Olivia.” I said out of breath.

“What about her?” Paul asked as he and Jake stiffened.

“Alley…guys drunk…attacking.” I said gasping for air. “Come on.” I said. All of us including the general, his wife and the soldiers followed me. I led them to the alley where I saw them and when we got there Olivia was in full attack mode.

“U.S MARINE’S!!! STOP RIGHT THERE!!!!” General Worthington yelled. The guys froze and looked away from Olivia toward us. The soldiers pulled out their guns and pointed it at the attackers. They raised their hands and moved away from Olivia. When they were away from her she sighed and ran over to us. I was expecting her to run to General Worthington but she ran to Jake and Paul. One arm around Paul’s waist and the other around Jake’s with her head in between them. They looked at each other then down at her before wrapping an arm each around her. “Olivia, are you ok sweetie?” General Worthington asked. She stepped back from Paul and Jake then looked at everyone.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Good thing I always participate in the training exercises huh?” she said.

“I’m very proud of you dear.” Mrs. Worthington said hugging her. The cops came and arrested them.

~Olivia’s P.O.V~
“Better me than some other girl who can’t defend herself.” I said with a sigh and smile.

“Think you could teach me some of those moves?” Kim asked me with a smile on her face as we headed back to the car to head back to the base.

“You don’t need to learn them Kimmie…I will always be here to protect you.” Jared said.

“I wanna learn to defend myself for it you’re not around.” She said as we climbed in.

“Every girl should know how to defend themselves. Would you like to learn some moves Emily?” I asked looking at her.

“um sure.” She said nervously.

“Ok, I can teach you guys a few moves before the cook out.” I smiled at them. The rest of the drive they talked about the parade and said which floats were the best. I stayed quiet in my own little world listening to them laugh and have a good time. I couldn’t believe this was all about to end tomorrow unless I went with them. I wanted to go but what if something happened to my dad…how would I know? What if they can’t reach me? But this was my only opportunity at a chance to go to a public school, make real friends there, live somewhere else other than the base. As I sat there thinking about all the stuff we’ve all done together since they got here flashed through my mind. I’ve never been this happy before and I wasn’t ready to give it up. I wanted to go. I’m gonna go. I was snapped out of my thought by Jake poking me in the side which caused me to jump and giggle.

“Can I help you?” I giggled.

“What are you thinking about?” he asked smiling down at me.

“I was just thinking about how much fun I’ve had since you guys have been here. I haven’t been this happy in forever and I’m not ready to give it up.” I said looking at my hands and realized that the car had gone silent.

“Well Olivia…I’m pretty sure their offer is still open. Why don’t you go with them?” General Worthington said.

“What if something happens to my dad? How will I know? What if nobody can reach me?” I asked.

“If something happens to your dad you will be notified by me immediately and if we can’t get ahold of you over the phone I will fly up there and tell you.” He said. I thought about it for a few minutes thinking about what the school would be like, what it would be like to make friends from the school, the clubs, activities, all the sports.

“Livia, What do you say?” Kim asked.

“Ok, I’ll go back to La Push with you guys.” I said. Everyone in the car cheered and started talking about all the stuff we could do. I looked at the General and his wife who smiled at me. After a few minutes we made it back to the base and we got dropped off at their guest quarters. “Will you try to get ahold of my dad for me? I wanna let him know what is going on.” I said to General Worthington.

“Of course sweet heart. When I reach him I will tell him to contact you immediately.”

“Thank you.” I smiled giving him a hug before turning around and walking to the apartment where everyone was inside talking already. After an hour i decided to head home and start packing before the cookout. I ran all the way there and started packing all my clothes and stuff that I would possibly need while I am there. After a few hours there was a knock at the door and I ran to answer it. I opened the door to see a smiling Kim. “Hey Kimmie…what’s up?” I asked walking back to my room.

“Not much…well actually a lot but it’s all ok. I talked to mom and she said there wasn’t enough room for guests but Sam and Emily said that you could stay with them.” She said sitting on my bed.

“Oh yeah…that’s awesome.” I smiled.

“I can’t believe you’re gonna go to La Push with us. It’s going to be so amazing. I can show you all the best hang out spot, the beach, ooh I we can go shopping in Port Angeles and go to the movies and everything.” She said bouncing up and down on my bed.

“Kim…calm down.” I laughed.

“Sorry.” She said holding still.

“It’s ok.” I replied zipping my bag up. “Well that’s the last bag…we better head to the tarmac to get ready for everything. The food should be done shortly. Can you text Jared and tell him and the everyone to meet us there?” I asked.

“Sure.” She said pulling out her phone as we walked out the door and headed to the cookout.

~Alice’s P.O.V in Forks, WA~
I was out hunting with Jaz, Rose and Esme when I had a vision about a girl. “What do you see?” Jaz asked me as I stood frozen.

“A girl. She is moving here…but I don’t see a lot of her. It’s as if she were with the mutts but I see Bella too.” I said confused.

“Bella? Is someone coming to visit Bella?” Esme asked.

“No…uggh...I lost it. The girl seemed so familiar, like I had seen her before.” I said turning to Jaz.

“As in you’ve had a vision about her before?” he asked.

“No…like I’ve actually seen her before. Her voice sounded familiar.” I said.

“Hmm…well let’s head back and let everyone know. We can ask Edward if Bella is expecting anyone from out of town.” Esme said. We nodded then raced back home.

~Olivia’s P.O.V~
“JAKE!!!! EMBRY WONT STOP PICKING ON ME!!!” I yelled we all sat on blankets in a field eating and waiting for the fireworks to start.

“Embry knock it off.” Jake said playfully glaring at Embry.

“Tell her to give me her burger and I will.” He replied trying to reach for it. I leaned away and ended up in Jake’s lap.

“No…it’s mine not yours.” I said trying to keep it away from him.

“It will be mine though.” He said lunging at me. I stood up quickly and ran away with my burger in my hand. I heard everyone laugh at me as Embry got up and chased after me. “GET BACK HERE!!!!” he yelled as he got closer to me.

“NO!!” I yelled making a sharp turn and started running back to the gang. Just as I was about to reach them my flip flop slipped off and I tripped doing a face plant to the ground. Embry jumped on my back and grabbed my burger.

“Mine.” He said taking a bite. I rolled over and pouted.

“Unfair…you’re faster than I am.” I said.

“Your just slow.” He replied chewing MY burger. I raised my knee and hit him in the goods. He groaned in pain and fell to his side on the ground.

“that’s for taking my burger then mocking my speed.” I said standing up and walking over to the gang and took my seat next to Jake. I laid down and looked up at the sunset. Everyone sat around and talked for a little while when suddenly the music started playing and the fireworks started. We were right in front so we had to lay down if we didn’t want our necks to hurt. Jake put and arm out and I laid my head on it gently and watched the show. Soon it started to get cold so I scooted closer to his strange warmth that was radiating off of him. I don’t know what it was about him but I soon started to relax and I started to drift off till my eyes could no longer stay open.

~Jake’s P.O.V~
It looks like I am winning. I thought as Olivia scooted closer to me to keep warm as a cool breeze blew over us. As the fireworks continued to explode above us Olivia started to drift off until she fell asleep in my arms. I wrapped my arm around her and pulled her closer to me. After a while the fireworks stopped and we got ready to head back to our quest quarters. “Jake, take her back to her place.” Sam said. I nodded my head then carefully picked her up, with Paul growling, then carried her back to her apartment. I opened the door since she left it unlocked then walked to her room and placed her on her bed then covered her up. I bent over and placed a soft kiss on her forehead and left. I still couldn’t believe she agreed to go back to La Push with us. It was going to be hard to try and win Bella with my imprint running around. Maybe it would be best if I just gave up and let Paul have her. I sighed as I walked into our guest quarters then went to my room and fell onto the bed and fell asleep in my clothes.