Long Live

We were the kings and queens

“What was the tiara from?” Jordan asked his father as Sidney held it as if any move he made the tiara would crack into a million pieces.

“It’s from prom.” Sidney started another story...

“What do you mean your not going to prom?” Emma shouted at Sidney through the phone. After the interview the two managed to be the best of friends. Sidney had a hockey game that night so he would be missing half of his prom not that he really wanted to go anyway.

“It’s not really my scene.” He replied packing his gear bag while holding his house phone in his ear. Emma had skipped a hockey game to go to her prom causing a huge upset with everyone on her team. They kept saying that she doesn’t deserve to be on the team. she’s not a team player and all of that.

“You’re so difficult sometimes Crosby.” Emma said hanging up her phone.

Sidney went to go and back to packing. This season was probably going to be his last with his high school because he was moving to Shattuck St. Mary’s. Him and Emma decided that they were both going to accept the offer they received. Playing high school hockey had gotten so bad for the pair that they stopped having their name on their shirts.

The game went well and most of the high school crowd wasn’t there because they had their prom going on. Turns out a lot of the guys were half distracted because they just wanted to leave. So that turned out for a win for Sidney and his team. The boys changed, showered and headed off towards the bus. But standing at the bus in her sweats and makeup was Emma.

“Come on lets go.” Emma said holding two large garment bags. She was in hels, with her hair done but was in sweats it was weird.

“Go where?” Sidney asked all confused he just wanted to go home he was tired.

“We’re going to go crash a prom.” Emma said with the biggest smile that Sidney had ever seen on her face when it didn’t involve hockey.

Faster than Sidney could say ‘Shattuck St. Mary’s’ he was dressed in a black tux holding a blue corsage. Emma appeared out of the hotel bathroom wearing a matching blue long gown looking beautiful. The two got into piece of junk rental car that Emma had gotten for them and headed towards another hotel. Sidney couldn’t believe that they were going to crash a prom his hands started to sweat.

“How are we going to pull this off?” Sidney asked as Emma parked her car They got out and headed off to the entrance.

Sidney always envied that about Emma she was so calm and cool never putting on the front that she was nervous. While Sidney would be the nervous out of the two always over analysing things. Before games he would have his superstitions that he would have to do and it became a little crazy. Emma didn’t have any of that all she had to do was sleep and eat some food. It didn’t need to be routine.

“Trust me on this one.” She winked at him causing Sidney to worry a bit more he always did when he was around Emma. Amazingly they got in the prom without a hitch, somehow one of the guys on the team owed Emma a favor so he got them both tickets.

At the prom Sidney couldn’t believe that he was an at actual prom. Never in his years of playing hockey could you have told Sidney he was going to a prom let alone with Emma. With being friends with Emma he always felt like he could never be more than friends with her. It was like she deserved someone better than him. So being at a prom with her was something that Sidney couldn’t believe it.

“Hey look over there it’s Mr. All-Star!” A few boys shouted mocking Sidney. He just quietly got into a shell. Emma just rolled her eyes at the boys where they went Sidney was always harassed well both of them were but Emma never really let it got to her. Emma got so fed up with the guys being jerks to Sidney that she decided to leave. He didn’t need that kinda crap from jealous people.

In the car Emma drove to a park that wasn’t far from the hotel. It was a local park with no one really there. Just sitting in the car the two were listening to the radio that the car had. Looking over to his left Sidney could see the outline of Emma as she leaned back into the seat closing her eyes. “I’m sorry.” Sidney whispered to her knowing that he ruined this moment for her.
“Sorry for what? Sorry for being a great player? Sidney you don’t need to apologize for being you. No scratch that you NEVER need to apologize for being yourself!” Emma said fiercely looking at her friend. She hated when he would apologize for something he didn’t even do wrong. Sidney just nodded his head agreeing with her, he never wanted to get on Emma’s bad side.

“So before we left I managed to swipe this.” Sidney said bringing out the tiara he took form the hotel. It was just a plastic tiara probably for the prom queen but he guessed that there wouldn’t be a prom queen any more. Emma just busted out laughing at the sight of the tiara in Sidney’s hand. He couldn’t help but blush.

Then a bright idea popped inside Sidney’s head, he flipped on the headlights, blasted the music and took Emma out. There they stood in front of the car slow dancing to NSYNC ‘This I Promise You’.

“You know every queen needs her king.” Emma said resting her head on Sidney’s chest. So for that night they weren’t the king and queen of hockey. They were the king and queen of each other.


“Why can’t you be cool like that now dad?” Mario asked his father laughing. Never in the kids entire life would they think their father would do something like that. He was always proper and a good guy definitely not the type to steal a tiara even if it was plastic.

“What you don’t think I’m cool?” Sidney asked joking around with his kids. They all shook their heads no very quickly. He couldn’t even finish his sentence without them telling him that he was not a cool dad.

“Do you think that Emma’s a cool mom?” Jordan asked causing everyone to be quiet. Even the the men got really quiet. If someone were to drop a pin from outside you probably could hear it.

“She would have been the coolest mom ever.” Sidney said getting all somber.

“Tell them the story about this picture.” Jordan Staal said going over to the box and pulled out his favorite picture of Emma and Sidney. It was the picture of his 25 game point streak
♠ ♠ ♠
four comments? thank you so much to the four that have commented:
penguins24_7
NMT82
XxTazeKane7895xX
bublbabie
comments again please (: can I have four again?