Status: Complete.

Listen to the Thunder

But you've just gotta give me time.

Alex and I got back from Long Beach last night and he came straight back to my dorm with me, the both of us falling asleep instantly. It was a long trip, okay? I’m pretty sure we slept for over 10 hours, but I woke up before Alex did. Not that he stayed asleep long after I started giving him a morning blow.

“Shit, Jack, I’m close,” Alex groaned, tugging at my hair.

I moaned at the slight pain, digging my nails into his thighs as I bobbed my head back and forth, sucking on the tip gently before taking him fully down to his base, my nose brushing the dark curls. I do love sucking him off, I’m not going to lie. Alex cried out again, bucking his hips as his back arched, so I gently squeezed his balls, trying to send him over the edge.

And I did.

Alex cried out my name as he came in hot spurts down my throat, even more so as I kept bobbing my head to ride out his orgasm, only pulling away and swallowing when he softened.

“Fucking hell,” Alex panted, pushing his sweaty hair off his forehead.

“Why thank you,” I grinned, crawling back up his body and pecking a kiss to his lips.

Before Alex could kiss me back, three timid knocks sounded on the front door of the apartment. I started to sit up but Alex pulled me back.

“It’s probably for Matt,” he mumbled.

Three knocks again.

“Jack?” a quiet voice called.

Kyle. I immediately got out of bed, ignoring Alex’s protests, and walked down the corridor to the door. Luckily I slept in a t-shirt as well as my boxers last night. I smiled as I opened the door, sure enough seeing Kyle standing the other side.

“S-Sorry, did I wake you up?” Kyle immediately apologised.

“Nah, I’ve been up for a while. Did you need something?” I asked with a warm smile.

Kyle shrugged. “I just wanted to ask how Zack’s birthday went,”

“Ahh it was so much fun! You should’ve been there! Why don’t you come in and I’ll tell you all about it?” I grinned.

Kyle opened his mouth to reply but was cut off by Alex appearing next to me. In just his boxers. Nice, Lex. Nice.

“I don’t think that’s such a good idea, do you?” Alex said.

“W-What?”
“Why not?”

“You actually just interrupted us, Kyle,” Alex said sharply.

“O-Oh my fuck, why didn’t you just tell me to go away?!” Kyle squeaked, blushing deeply.

“Because I would never say that,” I frowned, narrowing my eyes at Alex.

What the fuck is going on with him?

“How about this, why don’t you talk to Jack another day when he isn’t fucking busy, huh?” Alex said rudely.

My jaw dropped a little. Alex, what the fuck?! Since when has he ever talked this nastily to Kyle?!

“I-I guess I could. S-Sorry for interrupting,” Kyle stammered, stepping backwards a little.

“You should be,” Alex said shortly.

And with that, Alex slammed the door in Kyle’s face, before storming down the hallway into my bedroom. What the actual fuck? I scowled and walked after him, folding my arms over my chest.

“Okay, what the fuck was that?” I spat.

“Don’t start with me, Jack,” Alex said angrily.

“I think I will, actually. Where the fuck do you get off talking to Kyle like that? He was only asking how Zack’s birthday was!” I said sharply.

“If he came he would’ve known!” Alex exasperated.

“If he came, his boyfriend would’ve beaten him up even more!” I retorted.

Alex pressed his lips tightly together, but he still looked pissed off.

“That’s besides the point,” he finally said.

“No it’s not! Kyle is still my friend, whether he’s yours or not, and I will not let you talk to him like that! That was rude and uncalled for and for fuck’s sake it was actually really embarrassing!” I said, my voice only a step away from yelling.

“It wasn’t that embarrassing. I was only telling the truth,” Alex muttered, his cheeks flushing a little.

“What-the-fuck-ever, Lex. If you don’t mind, not that I particularly care right, now, I’m going after Kyle to apologise for your fucking out of line behaviour,” I growled.

Alex’s jaw dropped as I left my bedroom, but I don’t care right now. Alex treated Kyle completely unfairly and I’ve got to set the record straight.

“Jack! Don’t go after him! Please don’t go!”

If Alex had been calling after me angrily, or trying to order me about, I would’ve gone after Kyle. But by the fact that Alex’s voice cracked as he was begging and he sounded on the verge of tears, I turned right back around and walked into my room again. Sure enough, Alex had tears in his eyes and his bottom lip was trembling with the effort to hold them in.

“Alex, why are you so upset?” I sighed.

“I’m losing you, Jacky. And I can’t lose you,” Alex whimpered, the first tear trickling down his cheek.

Okay, what?!

“Hey, hey, hey, ssh now,” I said softly, pulling him into my arms.

If there’s one thing I can’t stand, it’s Alex crying. It’s just so unnatural and it makes my heart break every time. Alex whimpered again, burying his face in my chest as he let the tears out silently, shaking gently while I tried to soothe him by rubbing my hands up and down his back, whispering comforting words in his ear. I don’t understand what’s gotten into him, I really don’t.

Eventually Alex calmed down enough to stop crying, and he lifted his head away from me to look up into my eyes, his own red-rimmed and blood shot. He still looks distraught.

“I’m sorry,” he mumbled.

“Don’t be, Lex. I just don’t understand why you were crying, that’s all,” I said.

“Because you wanted to go after Kyle instead of being with me!” Alex whined.

I rolled my eyes.

“And you don’t think you caring more about Caleb’s evening than mine is the same thing?” I retorted.

Guilt washed over Alex’s face and he averted his eyes, making me sigh again. This is getting us nowhere, this fucking brick wall. We’re just going around in circles.

“Look, this has got to stop. It really does,” I murmured, cupping his face with my hands.

“What does?” Alex panicked, “Are you breaking up with me?”

“Stop being so fucking paranoid! I’m not fucking breaking up with you! This is exactly my point! We can’t be so insecure about Kyle and Caleb if we’re going to work, Lex. And you want this to work, don’t you?” I frowned.

“Of course I do! How could you think I wouldn’t?” Alex protested.

“I’m just making a point, Lex, calm down. I want this to work too, so we’re just going to have to trust each other. No more rash judgements, or holding grudges, or bursting into tears over nothing,” I said firmly.

“I guess…I guess you’re right,” Alex said softly.

“You guess? I know I’m right,” I smirked.

Alex giggled slightly, making me smile. That’s better. I pressed a gentle kiss to his lips before pulling away and dropping my hands from his face. I think we needed this. We needed to talk through all this shit to actually get us back on track. I do love him, after all.

“Uhm, can we snuggle for a bit, Jacky?” Alex asked.

I snorted. “You said snuggle.”

Alex rolled his eyes playfully and tugged me down onto my bed, immediately curling into my body. I smiled and pressed a kiss to his forehead before wrapping my arms around him. Yeah, this is right. This is where I’m meant to be. I’ll just have to make it up to Kyle another day. If Alex will let me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well...shit!
Alex really is showing his true colours now, isn't he?
What do you think of Jack's decisions in this chapter?
A party doesn't go as planned in the next update.

Thank you to everyone who commented on the last chapter! You're all stars =]

Nytestalker
miss.sobriety
revengefulvampire
gcchic7484
dinosaursgorawr
watson.
imunabletothinkofone
ElyRae
breepocket
Hello Fascination.
BOOM!roasted.

xo