Status: active, comment <3

Four Letter Lie

15.

I sighed heavily and walked towards my bed, placing myself up against the pillows behind me.

“Max, come and sit, we need to talk about everything” I said softly. He nodded and walked to the opposite side of the bed, sitting down and resting his head on his knees.

“I don’t think I can apologize enough to really say how sorry I am” Max said quietly.

“It’s not really the whole kissing that bimbo that has made me upset – well yeah that too but still, that comes second to the lies” I paused “How long were you actually clean for? Out of the 3 weeks I thought you were clean, how many days or weeks were you? Don’t lie to me Max” I said sternly.

“Probably a week and a bit, almost 2”

“Why did you lie and hide it from me?”

“I don’t know! I didn’t hide it from you!”

“How didn’t you?” I snapped “You purposely went behind my back to get your fix and then at my own birthday party which you and Ronnie went to all the trouble of planning you decided to go and ruin it because of you and your stupid fucking drug problem Max!” I said with fury spilling with my words.

“I was drinking, I couldn’t fucking control myself and when she offered me up some I couldn’t say no!”

“What gives you the right to yell at me?! I didn’t do anything wrong but try and help you get clean and then you go and throw it all back in my face! Also if you can’t handle your fucking alcohol Max, don’t drink in the first place! Its honestly not that fucking hard” I spat.

“I know…” he said softly in a more calm tone “I fucked up, like usual”

“Why did you go back to the drugs?” I asked replicating a similar tone of his voice.

“It was hard to keep off them and the lifestyle I live doesn’t make it much easier”

“Why didn’t you come back to me and ask for help? I helped you break the cycle of your addiction once; I could have assisted in doing it again”

He nodded and kept silent. It was like for once Max had realised that he was 100% completely at fault and needed to take responsibility for his actions. My mind and heart were at war; both of them throbbing and throwing themselves into two different choices for me to make.

“I’ll understand if you want to break up with me” Max said as a whisper.

I heard the pain in his voice and the obvious regret of his actions.

“I don’t want to break up with you” I replied.

“What do you want to do then?” he asked.

“I want to help you get clean but I can only help you do that if you want to do for yourself”

“I do, I realise how much the drugs basically fuck everything up now; I don’t want them in my life anymore”

“What do you want in your life?” I asked.

“You; isn’t that obvious?” he said sternly.

“If you say it is then I believe you. Look Max, I’m giving you an option. If I forgive you now, let me give my trust back into your hands and you promise me that you’re going to commit to this drug intervention - than everything that has happened I’ll leave as history. Or, you lie, you don’t commit or you do something that ruins my ability to have trust and faith in you then that’s it; I’m done. I physically cannot be with someone I can’t trust so if you do something to make me loose that in you again then I promise you I won’t hesitate to end us. It will be hard for me to do, really hard; but it’s all I can do”

“Sounds fair…” he nodded “I am really sorry Abby” he looked into my eyes.

“It’s history now remember, I forgive you” I smiled.

His face lit up from the glum expression on his face, a small smirk appeared on his face.

“Can I kiss you?” he asked.

“Why do you need to ask?!” I laughed.

I smiled into his lips as they touched mine, their soft warmth comforting and exciting. He placed his palms on either side of my cheeks and deepened the kiss. Every movement of his lips to mine was different in little ways making every touch exhilarating. He slowly moved his body so it was pressing against mine; I laid back on the bed. Not removing his lips from mine he followed me down and hovered lightly above me. Gently his hips rocked against mine, I giggled and gently separated our lips.

“Uh, uh Maxy you don’t get all your wants straight away!” I giggled.

“You’re such a tease” he groaned and rolled off me onto the bed.

“Thank you!” I chirped.

“Hey” he sat up “Sorry to bring up last night again, but where did you stay since you didn’t come home and Ronnie didn’t find you?”

“You know Ricky, Ricky Olsen – Horror whatever you want to call him?” he nodded in reply “Well I stayed at his apartment, he ran after me and we went back to his place and ate ice cream while I spilled the details”

“So him along with the rest of Motionless in White hate my guts right about now, hey?”

“Max, you know there not the type of people to hold grudges. Anyway, only Ricky really knows the details of what actually happened, Ricky kept it secret that I was staying at his so the others didn’t have to know. Although, it was kind of obvious that you were the reason why I was leaving my own party…”

“Yeah I know, but still you seem close with them so it wouldn’t surprise me if they had a little hatred”

“Don’t worry about it, ‘kay?” I said.

Max nodded “What do you want to do today?” he asked.

“I don’t really have anything in mind, do you?”

“Well I was thinking, since I royally screwed your birthday last night do you want to see if the main guests came over to here or my place and you can actually get your presents?”

“That sounds good” I smiled “Did you get me a present?” I narrowed my eyes.

“Maybe…” he replied sheepishly.

“MAX!” I shouted in objection “I told you not to get me anything!”

“I know you did, but when I seen this I couldn’t not get it, I promise it’s not expensive or big and spectacular”

“Fine” I rolled my eyes “Let’s just get everyone here, it will be easier”

“Okay!” he laughed and grabbed out his phone.

We both sent a text around to everyone who we wanted to come around. I smiled heavily when everyone replied saying they could come. By the time I had rushed around to do a quick clean of the house and get changed into some of my own clothes so I could give Ricky back his almost everyone had arrived.

All of Escape the Fate, Motionless in White and Emma were here sitting in my apartment. It was good seeing Emma, she basically isn’t here anymore because she’s always over at her boyfriend’s house and when she is here I’m usually at Max’s. Before everyone came, Max made a trip to get food and drinks for everyone so now everyone was chatting away and indulging on food and drinks.

I grabbed Ricky and dragged him into my bed room; he staggered along behind me with a cute laugh.

“So how is everything with you and Max?” he asked.

“Well, I forgave him because he is genuinely sorry and were going to give the whole drug intervention thing another go. But I assured him that if he lied to me like that or did something to make me loose trust in him that there would be no us”

“Good, I’m proud of you” he smiled and hugged me.

“Thanks for being amazing Ricky” I giggled into his shoulder.

“No problem. Hey I got this for you” he reached into his pocket and pulled out a bracelet, handing it to me “It’s nothing much but I wanted to give you a separate gift from the one that’s from all of us. Plus, I have an identical one, so yeah” he grinned and showed me his wrist revealing like he said, an identical bracelet to the one in my hand.

“Thank you, thank you, thank you!” I grinned and wrapped my arms around his neck. Before I let go I kissed his cheek and gave him a goofy grin.

“Come on, let’s get back out there” he grabbed my hand and walked out towards the rest of the crowd in my apartment.

“Okay, ladies and gents its present time!” Max yelled over the top of everyone.

I went slightly red and took a seat on one of the couches in between Ronnie and Max; everyone else was sprawled out either on the couches or the floor. First up, the guys from Motionless in White handed me their joint present. Once I unwrapped the present I grinned seeing a black t-shirt with a picture of me, Ricky, Chris, TJ, Balz, Ryan and Angelo printed on it. I smiled uncontrollably and went around hugging and thanking every single one of them.

Emma gave me her present next, it was a beautiful. She had made me a box with everything to do with us in it, there were pictures and items that reminded us of memories I personally would never forget. I shed a tear as I read the beautiful letter she wrote me. In a smaller box I found in the large box along with all the memories I found my half of the necklace that Emma and I had during our school years. It was a matching best friend’s necklace; I pulled out my half and wrapped it around my neck. Emma smiled and pulled hers out from underneath her shirt. I wrapped my arms around her and thanked her over and over again.

Robert gave me a pair of aviator sunglasses just like his with a note saying You will never be as good looking as me, but you can always try! Love ya Abby. Omar and Monte had somehow sneaked away my super old acoustic guitar and got it all fixed up looking all smick. They also gave me custom made Escape the Fate guitar picks. I thanked all three of them and gave them all big hugs.

Next Ronnie nudged me playfully and handed me a card. I smiled and began to open it; it read:

Dear Abby, (Em Em)

I hope you have an AMAZING birthday, you’re a beautiful girl and I classify you as one of the most important people to me in my life.
Now, did you know how hard it is to detach you from your iPod? I basically had to break into your apartment while you were over at our apartment and steal it. Some old lady tried to hit me with her walking stick… I’m not even kidding; she got one good hit on me too!!
Anyway I hope we have a good time and use these tickets to the best of our ability.

Love always, Ronnie (Jo Jo)


“Ronnie, what tickets?” I asked confused.

He grinned and handed me a small stack of tickets, my eyes bludged out of my head at the sight of them. Ronnie had gotten us tickets to see Motionless in White, Black Veil Brides, A Day to Remember, Escape the Fate and Pierce the Veil live. He had searched my iPod for some of favourite bands and gotten us tickets to 5 of their individual shows!

I screamed like a schoolgirl and hugged him, thanking him repeatedly.

“It’s okay” he laughed.

“Seriously it’s amazing; you’re amazing, thank you!” I hugged him again.

“I need to talk to you later” he whispered in my ear; I nodded in acknowledgment and pulled away.

“Thank you all” I announced “You are all amazing, and I love you all to death!” I smiled.

“What about Max’s present?” TJ asked in an emotionless tone. TJ wasn’t too fond of Max after he made me cry like that, he was just being protective of me which I adored. These Motionless in White boys are seriously made of all the good stuff; I loved them all.

“I’m giving it to her later” he laughed; shrugging it off.

Everyone went back to chatting, eating and drinking. I picked up my gifts and walked into my room to put them somewhere safe. I placed them in the corner of my room and stood up; almost jumping out of my skin. Ronnie stood in front of me; he scared the living shit out of me.

“Ronnie!” I said pushing him lightly.

“Hey! Not my fault you scare easily” he laughed, teasing me.

“Shut up” I frowned folding my arms “What did you want to talk about?”

“Oh, yeah. Uh, what happened with Max?”

“I’ll tell you the same thing I told Ricky: I forgave him because he is genuinely sorry and were going to give the whole drug intervention thing another go. But I assured him that if he lied to me like that or did something to make me loose trust in him that there would be no us”

“Oh okay…” he said softly nodding his head. It was almost like he was sort of disappointed that we had made up.

“Ronnie, what’s wrong?” I asked concerned.

“Nothing”

“Seriously, what is wrong? You have been acting strange lately, what is wrong?!” I repeated myself.

“Nothing!” he shrugged “It doesn’t matter anyway!” he said loudly before walking towards the closed bedroom door.

“No! Don’t walk away from me!” I yelled grabbing him arm and pulling him around to face me “What is wrong? And it does matter to me!” I said forcefully.

“I-i, I can’t” he stuttered.

“Ronnie…” I said defeated.

“It doesn’t matter; all it will do is fuck everything up for you. I can’t - no I won’t do that” he said before leaving the room in a matter of seconds.

I stood there, completely lost for words.

Soon everyone headed home and it was only Max and me left as Emma went back to her boyfriends. Max had taken me into my room and made me sit down on the bed as he fetched my present.

“Are you ready?” he grinned.

“Yes” I smiled.

“Remember, it’s nothing big”

“Max I don’t care. You could give me nothing and I would still appreciate it as much!” I laughed.

“Okay…” he said before handing me a card and a box.

Dear Abby

I just wanted to say that you are the best thing that has happened to me in a long time. You’re amazing inside and out and I couldn’t think of someone more perfect than you. I hope you have a great birthday and all your dreams and wishes come true.

I love you.
I love you.
I LOVE YOU!

- Max


I smiled “I love you too” I said softly before opening my present.

In the box was a necklace, it was a ribcage and it had a love heart placed where the heart would be. I grinned and took it out of the box, placing it around my neck along with my best friend’s necklace.

“Thank you Max, it’s amazing”

“No problem” he smiled “Look…” he said, pulling a chain out of his shirt to reveal the same necklace that I had around my neck.

“Now, wherever I go I’ll always have something that reminds me of you and how much you mean to me” he said sweetly.

“Thank you” I said again, a smiled hanging off my lips.

Max also smiled and brang his lips to mine. Though I was kissing Max and I was extremely happy with my present i couldn’t get my mind to control itself.

I was kissing Max, while thinking about Ronnie; his words sent me into a spin.
♠ ♠ ♠
Abby's presents
Thank you everyone so much for commenting you are all amazing :) and actually, this is the story i have a the most comments on so again thank you!
Also, i have some exciting news :D
I am starting a new Max Green story soon, i wont let any details slip at the moment but, get excited because i basically have an idea spiraling in my head.
Anyway, have a good day!