Aim High, Never Rest

You Stupid Girl

"It says that you're a good actress-" Camille begin to talk as she flipped through Pop Tiger magazine until she settled on the page with me on it. She was going through the magazine earlier when she had came back up to my apartment and practically dragged me down to the lobby.

I didn't fight her either, I was actually feeling a little depressed sitting up there, alone. I couldn't get what Collin had said to me recently in the elevator. What he said to me really bothered me to an extent and I didn't like it. I hated people not liking me, it upset me. I didn't even know the real reason he was angry with me.

"Carley, are you even listening to me?" Camille waved her hand in front of my face, getting my attention.

I turned to her and she had a slight hint of worry in her expression. "I'm sorry, what were you saying?" Her expression faded and replaced it with a better one.

"They say you're good and have potential." I tried to get into what she was saying without zoning out on her again. She's been really on it with this very small article about me.

"That's good right?" I asked expecting her to say yes, maybe even with a smile on her face.

"No!" She snapped towards me. "We're not going for good, we're looking for great." I stared at her as she explained to me and moved her hands dramatically around. I just sighed as I shook my head, closing my eyes and pinched the bridge of my nose.

"You sound like my manager." I don't know why Camille always had to make a scene. I didn't know if it was just her personality or what she was passing out as herself. I've never met someone like her and it even surprised me that I considered her my friend. It also dawned on me that I couldn't just not be her friend or mean at that, towards Camille. I mean yeah she was annoying at times but being a bitch didn't come natural to me. But at times I wished it did.

I nodded and agreed to whatever Camille was still ranting on about. I opened my eyes and looked across the lobby from where we sat. I seen Maxine and Kendall talking. From the looks of it, it didn't look like it was going well. I could tell all too well by Maxine's expression of disgust. Not soon after she walked away towards the Palm Woods double doors. Passing her, James caught my eyes. He was coming into the lobby from the pool area. He turned towards me and we connected eye contact for a second before he scoffed and looked away. My eyebrows rose at his actions.

He was still pissed.

"Oh that's not a good sign." Camille said next to me, obviously catching his look. I glanced at her before getting up from my seat. I needed to talk to him.

James walked into the elevator and I followed in pursuit. The doors closed before he could get off and I was thankful for that. I watched as he pushed a button, not really caring which floor it was. I randomly did also, just because I felt the need to. The elevator seemed exceptionally small at the moment. It was a lot of awkward between him and I. It felt as if I was in the elevator with Collin but a little more intense. I looked over towards him and could clearly see a scowl set on his face. I sighed. I missed the smile that was usually on his face when he seen me.

I closed my eyes and sighed once more before opening my mouth to speak. "Listen James, I'm sorry alright." I looked at him. He kept his face forward. "I don't know exactly what you are mad at me for but I'm sorry anyways."

No response. He still wasn't talking. He didn't even look my way.

The big metal doors opened and he hurried and walked off, I walked after him. "Where are you going?" As we randomly walked down a hall. This was obviously neither of our floors.

"Away from you." He called back at me. I stopped for a second. That kind of stung, to hear him say that. I don't know why but it just did. I continued to follow him anyways.

"Okay now you're just being over dramatic." As long as I've known James, he was known for his dramatic ways. That's one of the reason why I liked being friends with him. It was always funny to watch him over do it sometimes. He didn't say anything after that but just kept walking and I there behind him. I din't know where were going but I sort of had a clue.

James burst through a door that read Caution: Door To Roof. I was a little skeptical about going after him. I was terrible terrified about heights. But I sucked it up and slowly went after him. Reluctantly, I walked towards James as he stood there. I seriously should not have followed him.

"You just can't take a hint." I heard him huff. As scared as I was, I still mustered up to talk to him.

"I took that hint a while ago James and I'm tired of it." I looked down trying to concentrate on something other than the fact that I'm too high in the air. "And I'm tired of it."

He looked at me, his features still a little hard. "I don't know what I did wrong so how many times do I have to say sorry before you forgive me," I said. "Or least tell me what I did wrong."

He groaned and looked away. "You just don't get it Carley." I shook my head fully not getting it. "I like you, I mean I really, really like you, I mean you should be very lucky that someone as good looking as me took a liking to you." I lightly smiled at his cockiness. This was the James I knew. "And with Jordan being around I knew you liked him." He walked towards the edge and leaned over. I would have walked over to him but I decided against it.

"Jordan isn't here anymore, so he doesn't matter." I looked at his back. "Just don't worry about it any longer, alright?" He looked back at me with a different look in his eyes.

He then walked over and stood right in front of me. "Alright but promise not to make me jealous." He made a deal. I rolled my eyes and nodded my head agreeing anyways. "Good." He smiled and put his hand on my shoulder.

His smile soon flattened once he laid his hand on my bare shoulder. "Carley, you're shaking pretty bad." This time he held me with both his hands. I looked at him confused but stared down at my hands. He was right, I was shaking uncontrollable. I didn't even notice.

"Uh, I-I" I stammered.

"Are you afraid of heights?" James asked. I guess that was the only reason for me to be shaking. I just nodded my head not being able to speak. "Why would you come op here if you are, you stupid girl." He ranted as he guided me to the exit door.

Besides the fact that I was shaking like the scaredest Chihuahua and was probably gonna throw up once I got back to my apartment, I was pretty good with the outcome of this conversation and it was semi worth it.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter turned out extremely different than I planned it to be. But I'm still satisfied with it.

Title Credits: Framing Hanley