A Year Without Rain

Two Is Better Than One

{Nat's P.O.V}

I watched Cameron hesitate, not answering my question. I rolled my eyes then said again, “Why didn't you tell Mikey we were dating?” I sounded rude, but I didn't care. He said he wanted to tell everyone. I didn't want to keep it a secret, unless we had to.

He looked lost in thought, and I clenched my teeth. “I didn't know you wanted to tell anyone,” he answered.

“How could you not know? We both made it clear we wanted to be with each other.”

“I know, and that was probably a big mistake.”

“What?!” I yelled, getting up.

“You know what – this is so stupid. I'm done talking about this,” he spat, and my eyes widened.

“No! We are not done talking about this. You think being with me was a big mistake? Okay, if you think that then...it's over. Now we're done talking about this.” I didn't realize what I just said. Did I...break up with him?

“Well if that's what you want -”

“It is what I want.”

“Then, fine. We aren't dating anymore – I hope you're happy.” With that, he walked away. I groaned sitting back on the couch.

What. Did. I. Just. Do.

{Cameron's P.O.V}

She broke up with me! How can she do that? We were just having a small...fight. Maybe I should talk to her, try to get her back? I mean, I do like her. A lot. Maybe I'll just think about it more... Think about what I'll do to get us back together.

I went into the kitchen and found a random cup of water on the table. I didn't feel like getting my own... So I just.. Drank it. It's not like it was poisoned or anything..

I was wrong.

"AHHH IT BURNS MY THROAT! EWWWH!" I screamed on the top of my lungs. Nate walked in and eyed me curiously.

"What's wrong Cam?" he asked and I handed him the cup of water.

"Drink it," I croaked, unable to talk because of that horrible liquid. Nate took a few sips and started coughing.

"OH MY GOSH CAMERON! There's nothing wrong with this water."

"NO! ITS HORRIBLE! It's like... POISON OR SOMETHING!"

"Dude, it tastes like regular water."

I stared at him as if he was crazy. "IT TASTES GROSS!"

"IT'S WATER!"

"NO IT'S NOT!"

"CAN YOU GUYS SHUT THE HECK UP?!" Glydel yelled from somewhere far from the kitchen.

"YOU SHUT UP!" I yelled.

"DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!" she yelled back.

"YOU DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!"

"SHUT UP!!!!!!!!" Zach yelled from the entertainment room.

"I'M NOT TALKING TO YOU CHARLIE." I was imitating the Charlie Teh Unicron video on YouTube. Yes, it is spelled that way.

"I WANT MY TWENTY BUCKS LEO!" Zach replied. I burst into laughter. I loved quoting this video.

"OH NO. LEO'S ON FIRE," I said, chuckling. "THAT'S JUST...TRAGIC."

"NOT AS TRAGIC AS YOUR FACE." Zachary, I am so happy I showed you this video.

"AWH CMON THAT WAS UNCALLED FOR!"

"YOUR FACE IS UNCALLED FOR."

"IT SHOULD BE NICE...EXCEPT FOR THE DRAGON!" I yelled, literally on the floor laughing. After a moment I continued, "There was supposed to be a dragon there."

"Man we put a deposit in and everything," Nate said, laughing with me also.

And all that happiness suddenly went away when Nat walked in. Nate got quiet and I looked down at the table. "So, uh, about the water.." Nate awkwardly said.

"Yeah?"

"It's regular water," he stated, walking away, leaving Nat and I alone in the kitchen.

She took a glass of water from the sink, not even looking at me, then walked out.

Wow. I screwed up EVERYTHING.
♠ ♠ ♠
"NOT AS TRAGIC AS YOUR FACE." ♥
if you wanna watch the video,
click here ♥