Status: After a long break, I am now continuing this story :)

True Love and Lies

Betrayal

I was both really excited but also really nervous to get home from work tonight, I had been in the studio attempting to work on my vocals all day but I was so nervous I couldn’t concentrate properly. I had this planned for months but that didn’t stop the worry. What if she said no? What if she was only with me because of the fame?

Sure she had told me many times that she loves me but that isn’t even an ounce of the amount that I love her. She is so beautiful; her mousy blond hair sways perfectly over her shoulders, the way her beautiful blue eyes glisten. I love her and that’s exactly what I intend to show her; by asking her to marry me. Tonight!

I pulled into the driveway in front of my apartment building and got out of the car. I climbed the 4 flights of stairs that lead to my apartment, giving me more time to think about what I’m going to say. I took a deep breath before I opened the front door and walked in. I took off my shoes and coat leaving them by the door. I looked in the living room and then the kitchen but I couldn’t see Leanne anywhere.

Maybe she’s in the bedroom, I thought to myself. As I got closer to the bedroom I could hear something but I couldn’t quite figure out what it was.

That’s when my world came crashing down around me. I was stood directly outside of our bedroom when I heard a loud moan followed by
“Oh God right there!” and then another moan. I took a shaky breath and flung open the door. There on our bed was my girlfriend Leanne being pounded into by some guy both moaning like whores.

“What the fuck?” was the only reaction I could manage. Leanne instantly looked up at me with a really shocked expression, evidentially not expecting me home yet. So I finished an hour early today I didn’t expect to come home to her screwing someone. The next thing I heard was from the guy. Just one word
“Shit” but that was all it took I instantly knew who it was and it made my heart stop and my stomach turn. How could he. He was supposed to be my best friend. He was supposed to be my fucking brother.

“Mikey, why?” was all I managed to choke out. he slowly turned to face me and get up.
“I… this wasn’t supposed to happen. Gee I’m so sorry. I came to find you. I let myself in with the spare key like I usually do and Leanne was just getting out of the shower. I apologized of course, then we just got to talking and … I don’t know what came over me. I’m so, so, so, sorry. Gerard please forgive me.” Mikey was practically begging by this point. Good let him beg I thought. “Gerard say something please.”

“Ok I’ll say something” I started calmly but I could feel the anger bubbling in the pit of my stomach. “How about have a nice life, you deserve each other. Hey maybe you can even buy her a ring ask her to marry you. Although the day you buy the ring you might come home and find her screwing someone else. Except this time you can guarantee it won’t be your brother. In fact as far as you and I go now we are only children from two different families that don’t know the other exists. Bye Michael.” I went to walk out of the door before I heard Leanne talking directly to me for the first time tonight.

“You bought me a ring?” I spun back around she had a big smile on her face.

“Yeah I was going to ask you to be my wife. But you can wipe that smile off of your face that went out the window the second that you decided to sleep with my brother.” How could she be smiling?

“Well can I still have the ring?” she asked shrugging her shoulders.

“no you fucking can’t have the ring how dare you ask that, and do you know what since you asked that you can get the fuck out of MY apartment I’ll give you an hour. I’m sure my darling brother here will help you pack. And Mikey if you even want a small chance of us two having a future as brothers then I suggest that you make sure that she is gone within the hour which is when I will come home. I also want you to make sure that she doesn’t take anything apart from a few clothes and NOTHING else. Got it?” with that I walked out not even waiting for a response. I could feel the tears, they were there but they weren’t spilling yet for which I was very thankful for.

I didn’t really know where I was heading until I got there. I was at the park where I always used to go when I was upset or just wanted to get away from it all. I went to the far corner of the park and through a small gap through the hedges. I was walking around the side of the big tree trunk when I heard something that sounded like crying. I know it wasn’t me and it sounded female. I followed the sound to the tree and there was a girl sat on the ground in front of the tree with her knees up to her chest and her head rested on them. Her jet black hair fell over her arms that were wrapped around the front of her legs. Her body was shaking with the sobs coming from her.
Hearing someone crying started me off not to full break down level but enough so that there were tears rolling down my face and dripping off my skin, leaving dark spots on my already dark grey shirt.

“Erm… are you okay?” I asked in a voice so small and quiet I wasn’t sure she’d hear it, but her head popped up and she looked at me. She was so far beyond beautiful it was almost like she had been created, even with tears streaming down her face her eyeliner following suit. Despite the amount running down her face her dazzling brown eyes were still dark rimmed with eyeliner. She was utterly breath taking.

“Yeah … I’m sorry … I didn’t think … anyone else was here” she replied still sobbing “are you okay you … look like you have been crying too?” I hadn’t realised when I saw her beauty that I had actually stopped crying.

“Oh well yes but it doesn’t look as bad as what you must be going through.” I replied in a soft voice in attempt for her to see that I’m concerned, even though we had just met I felt like I had to help. “You mind if I sit.” I said pointing to the spot against the large tree trunk next to her.

“N-no” she stuttered, she was still crying but not sobbing like she was doing before. I sat beside her.

“This is where I always come to think or to just get away from everything you know; it’s so peaceful and relaxing.” I looked around wiping the last of my tears away. “I’m Gerard by the way” I held out my hand to her.

“Emma.” She replied taking my hand and shaking it gently. The second our hands touched I felt something, it was warm and tingly. I looked up at her and she blushed which – if possible – just made her look more beautiful.

“so Emma if you don’t mind me asking what made you so upset?” it felt kind of strange asking a stranger something so personal but I kind of felt like I needed to know somehow.
Much as this day had started off as the worst day of my life, now, meeting Emma it didn’t seem anywhere near as bad as I thought it had been just a short while ago.

After a second of contemplation Emma began to tell me what lead to the two of us meeting. The reason as to why fate had brought us together.
♠ ♠ ♠
So... there you go. Let me know what you think and whether i should write a follow up chapter. Thanks for reading.