Status: it gets better :)

The Truth Isn't Always Revealed

Few Years Later

(Rebecca POV) Finally, it was the first day at school. Freshman year went by really good. Now I hope 10th grade is going to be exciting. knock knock I grabbed my bag and quickly ran to the door. Standing there was my best friend, Daniel. He was standing at the door, smiling. Every time he smiled like that, butterflies fluttered in my stomach. He was the cutest guy I ever seen. He had black, spiky hair, gorgeous hazel eyes, he's pretty tall, and he's well built. "Ready to go to school?" Daniel asked. "Yeah. Hey dad see you later!!" I screamed to my dad. "Ok hun. Don't come to late!" We started walking to school and he wrapped his hand around me. He smiled at me and continued walking. I really liked him. I wanted to be his but he didn't see it that way. I really loved him.
When we reached our school, a lot of girls came our way. He just held me tighter against him and pushed his way through the crowd. we reached my locker and he let go of me. He looked in his bag and pulled out a small box. He gave it to me and motioned me to open it. I opened it and saw a bracelet and it said Daniel and Rebecca, Best Friends For Life "Together Forever," he whispered in my ear. I smiled and hugged him. Then he walked me to class.
It turned out that he also had this class and I was so happy because I can be with him. We passed notes to each other when the most popular girl, Katy, came in the class. His next note said, I'll ask Katy out sometime this year. She is so my type and I have a crush on her. What ya think? I was really mad because I loved him and knowing that he had a crush on another girl who I don't like mad my heart break into pieces. Well, I don't blame him because she has the good looks, I don't. I'm average and normal. She has every thing an ordinary girl would want. Every boy wants to be with her. Even Daniel. I couldn’t believe he liked her. She acts to bossy and is very vain.
Later that day I found out that I have lunch and 6th through 8th period with Daniel. I was really happy but unfortunately, Katy was in that class with us. She kept looking at Daniel. I got really mad. I know that I will never win Daniel but I have hope that maybe he’ll change his mind, even though I doubt it. When school was over, I started to walk over to Daniel. Then out of nowhere, Katy walked up to Daniel and started to flirt. Daniel just laughed and forgot all about me. I was so mad I stormed out the class and started to run home. I turned around to see if Daniel was following me and guess what? He did! He was calling my name and I kept running to my house. I opened the door and closed it and I ran upstairs to my room and shut the door behind me. I didn’t want Daniel to see me. I started to cry because I really loved him and I wanted him. What am I thinking! He’ll never love me. I guess I need to live with that. The rest of the days were ok. Daniel continued talking to Katy more and he passed notes to her instead of me.
Then one day I got the shock of my life….