Status: alive and kicking!!

Beneath The Surface.

Dead Ends.

Sam stayed with me the whole way to the hospital up until the nurses told him that he had to stay in the waiting room so they could admit me, put me in a room, and check my burns. When i got into the room the doctor came in a few minutes later.

Dr. Sanders: Well how do you feel miss. Jenkins??

I sighed and tried to sit up in the bed but hissed because of the pain in my side.

Charlie: Well i fell onto a burning pan. how do you think i feel?

Dr. Sanders chuckled at my snide comment and walked closer to me. He asked me to lean onto my good side and gently helped me get situated while dealing with moans and groans of pain coming from me. As he started feeling my side he came to a spot that was very tender. i cried out in pain and clutched my side. I faintly heard Sam outside the arguing with the nurse about going into the room.

Dr. Sanders momentarily left the room and returned with a wheelchair. He picked me up off of the bed and put me into the chair.

Dr. Sanders: I think there is more than just a burn on your side Charlie. Im going to take you in for x-rays to see what kind of damage we are dealing with.

He sent me into a room that had a huge machine and a metal slab that i guess i was supposed to lay on, and gave me some medicine to relax my body. A male nurse came in and helped me onto the slab as i hissed because it was so cold. he chuckled and situated the machine so that it was hovering over my body. I just sat there as patiently as i could and waited for him to come back so i could go to my room.

By the time he came back i was starting to doze off. Maybe it was from the medicine but i was feeling really happy and tired all at the same time.

Charlie:Your pretty mr. nurse man!

He chuckled to himself as he wheeled me down the hallway to my room. When we got there i saw Sam sitting on a chair that was on the side of the hospital bed. He ran up to me and hugged me to the point where i squealed in pain. He pulled away imediately.

Sam: Im Sorry babygirl! Im sorry Im sorry! i didnt mean to hurt you! Are you ok?! where are you hurt?! Is it your side?! I'm so-

Charlie: Sam!!!! Shut the fuck up! its okay. You didnt mean to hurt me, and the pain only lasted a second. Its fine. I'm fine.

He sighed in relief as the nurse wheeled me over to the side of the bed. Same moved to help but the nurse swatted his help away. Same looked shocked then his face turned into one of anger while he was glaring at the nurse. He picked me up bridal style manuvering me so that it didn't hurt.

I Looked up at him and gave him a thankful look and he smiled genuinely at me. Even in my loopy state he was cute. I had met him when i was first admitted and he was kind to me. It just made the situation better knowing he was attractive.

He had dark brown hair that was long but not too long, hazel eyes, and a pearly white smile. Just by looking at him you could tell that he works out but not too much. But looking at him i automatically compared him to Abel. His light brown hair that used to be longer but he had to cut it when he was deployed to Iraq, His tattoos and lip piercing that he put in after he got home, his jacked muscles. THey weren't too big they were perfect.

The nurse laid me down onto the bed and smiled at me again before making his way out of the room. Just after he left Sam started rambling about how the nurse was rude and disrespectful. Yada yada yada.

Sam: Did you see the way that he looked at me? A look of pure selfishness. He was being too careful with you. The way he wouldn't let me carry you to your bed. HE had to do it because HE thinks HE'S a PROFESSIONAL!

Charlie: Sam. Your giving me a headache! He was nice, ii don't know why you don't like him. He was genuinely nice.

Same scoffed as a knock was heard at the door. When i said to come in we saw Mary's head pop in the doorway. When she finally came into the room she lightly shut the door behind her and made her way swiftly to the bed.

Mary: What happened love?! Were you being clumsy again??

That question caused the three of us to laugh in unison. She leaned over and wrapped her arms around me careful not to jostle me so my side didnt hurt.

Charlie: Ask genius over there. You know, the only who almost burned the house down.

Sam glared at me when i said that and made his way to his chair next to my bed as Mary took the one on the other side.

Sam: Where is Abel?

The slight mention of his name mad me wince. But thank god no one answered. That would have saved me a bit of heartbreak. MAry sighed as she grabbed my hand squeezing it for support.

Mary: He wanted to come, but he got called in to train at the Acadamyy. He had to go immediately this morning when he got the call. He should be home by the weekend though.

I sighed in relief that i would be able to hold off on facing him for a few more days before being stuck in the same small ass city with him in it.
♠ ♠ ♠
bleh the end is rushed because of SOME PEOPLE!!!! lol but i still atleast have the update out!!