Status: DONE!!!!!!!!!

Murtagh's New Story

Chapter 8: Cooking and Sparing

It took the trio a week to near the outskirts of Ellesmira. They had taken up sparing each night while the food cooked. Icenia learned many things during their bouts. One was that Murtagh was extremely skilled with a blade. She let him win every once in a while but more often than not she did because she was an elf. They danced around the camp, swords drawn and magically dulled. The fire cast shadows across their faces. Both had the same mischievous, confident smirk as they panted heavily. Had he been an elf he would be the closest to her equal as she’d ever seen, quite possibly her equal. Murtagh an elf, that was something she had thought about. It would be beneficial to him in many ways. She would keep that in mind for once they reached Ellesmira and everything was settled. Oromis would be good to ask about such things. Of course she thought about all of this after they were done sparing, he was good enough she couldn’t let her mind wonder on topics that required that much thought.

Although their bodies only briefly connected through their blades they were in unison. Her small, lithe form and his tall muscular were in almost harmony as the dance between their swords played out. Had they been matched equal the fighters would have been in perfect harmony and as spectacular as this was that would have made it perfect. The fire flickered across their blades for a moment as they arched through the air making it seem as though the swords were tongues of fire themselves. Metallic rings filled the air as they clashed, mock battle of will and skills.

Although it was the end of fall Murtagh fought bare chested. Sweat glistened off his hard, toned muscles.

Fuck!!!, Icenia would always think to herself which of course made Aquasari chuckle in her mind. She always fought in her lowish cut, thin-strapped, tank top undershirt.

After their sparing they were hot and sweaty. She would got down to the river and bathe one first one night and him the next. Icenia would wash herself and take a short swim. They were always short because the water was so cold. By then the meal would be done. She and Murtagh would sit around the fire with Aquasari eating their stew, which usually had the deer, wild boar or rabbit that one of the females had killed and Murtagh had cooked. He was a much better cook that Icenia.

This was another interesting thing she learned he was a great cook. He not only used the few spices she had packed he also used many native ones. She had never used them because she either didn’t know them or didn’t know how to prepare them. Even if she had it still wouldn’t have turned out as good since Icenia was not a very good cook. So with Murtagh taking control every night the stew tasted different yet great.

They would sit around the fire afterwards laughing and telling stories. Murtagh would tell stories sometimes of life in Galbatorix’s castle and the foolish nobles. He seemed to find it very amusing how little she understood their ways. All the gossip mongering and backstabbing seemed so pointless to her. Who bedded whom and said this about someone else behind his or her back. Which two people were wearing the same colored outfits and flirting with each other or who was dancing with whose woman at some great event. She just couldn’t understand it.

Icenia told him things about life in Ellesmira. How the houses were formed from the living trees and the celebrations. Murtagh was fascinated and asked many questions about their government, traditions, magic, the dragons, the Riders, everything. He soaked up every bit of information feverishly, even the little about her past she reveled. When she told him about Rhunön the smith he was amazed. He was eager to meet the elf that was the most skilled smith in the world even among the dwarves. In Icenia’s mind she was very much like them, no nonsense, outspoken, strong, independent, stubborn, highly opinionated, fiery, sharp tongued, quick witted, and a damn good smith. She even learned her skill from a dwarf and could speak the language fluently. Rhunön was in one word, unique. Icenia told Murtagh much about her and her other friends during these talks.

The rest of the trip was relatively uneventful with the exception of when they passed the town of Bullridge.
♠ ♠ ♠
A short chapter I know. But it had to be since the next one is much longer. Now we get to see why I put a picture of a snow leopard as her character picture (other than the fact I couldn't find one of an elf who looks like her).
Yay three subscribers! Yea one is my best friend but that's ok. You guys should tell me what you think. What do you think about Icenia, Murtagh, Aquasari, the plot? Any questions about anything? Ideas? I need feedback people! haha
A question came up why Icenia has a tail. If you remember from the books some elves modify themselves, Blödhgarm is the best example. She did the same thing with her tail, though as I said she does have a special connection with snow leopards. But, I shall get to that in the next installment of this story.
See ya'll around,
Ice Cat