Sequel: Bleed It Out
Status: Completed. First story I've ever finished!

Falling Into Black

Chapter 12

“I don’t like him” Sirius growled, stabbing at his food. And pretending it was Alpha’s face.

“You don’t even know him, Padfoot” James chuckled. Natalie snatched Sirius’ fork away as he went to stab his food again, ending with his fist in the mashed potatoes.

“I don’t have to know him to hate him” Sirius muttered, wiping his hand on a napkin. “Just the way he was looking at Katie and his hands all over her, made me want to pumble his little pea-brain into the stone wall. You should’ve seen him. With his greasy hair, snot green eyes, and fake tan” Sirius grumbled. The Marauders and Natalie looked at each other.

“Nat, Nat, Nat!” Katie shouted, sprinting through the hall. Natalie stood up to catch the blonde as she tripped, and nearly sprawled into the brunette’s arms.

“Whoa, there, Kitty” Natalie chuckled, sitting Katie down next to Sirius. “What’s up?”

“There’sanewstudentandheissoamazing!” Katie said excitedly, and all in one breathe. Natalie blinked. “He’s tall, handsome, charming, amazing, sweet, chivalrous, and ohmygod I think I’m going to have a stroke.”

“Okay, Kitty, breathe” Natalie instructed. Katie breathed in deeply. “Now, quietly, explain to me what happened.” Nodding, Katie leaned into Natalie’s ear.

“Did you ask her?” Remus whispered. Sirius shook his head, glaring at the wood table.

“Tough break, man” James sighed.

“I kept getting interrupted” Sirius muttered.

“By what?” Peter asked.

“First, Professor McGonagall came in, then you”—Sirius looked pointedly at James—“asked for a stupid quill, and then she had to run an errand, and then Alpha interrupted. Basically, it’s like the universe is doing everything in its power to keep us apart.”

“That’s rough” James muttered.

“Hello again, Katie” a voice suddenly said lowly. Katie jumped, and spun around in her seat, grinning when she saw Alpha. Sirius’ fist clenched. No matter how much I want to beat the tar out of him, I can’t get myself in trouble. Then Alpha will have a straight shot at Katie without any competition. No detention.

“Hi, Alpha” Katie chirped. Natalie glared at the guy standing over Katie.

“Guess what?” Alpha grinned, sitting in between Katie and Natalie. Katie didn’t notice her friend’s deathly glare. “I got sorted into Gryffindor.” Katie beamed.

“Great!”

“But, unfortunately, so did my brother” he continued rolling his eyes.

“Yeah, I’m not too thrilled about that either, Alph” another voice said. They looked up to see another guy standing there. He had darker hair, still short, the same wide shoulders as Alpha, a toned physique, and darker green eyes.

“Beta, my brother” Alpha smirked. “Won’t you join us?” Beta rolled his eyes, and turned to Natalie, a soft smile on his face.

“Would you mind if I sit next to you, love?” he asked gently. Natalie nodded, dazed. Gracefully, he slid into the seat on Natalie’s other side. “I’m sorry about my brother. He can be a bit…bold.”

“Yeah, no offense, but I don’t like him” Natalie stated bluntly. Beta chuckled.

“None taken. I don’t like him much either.” He then smiled. “My name’s Beta, Beta Centauri. But I liked to be called Ben.”

“Ben?” Natalie asked.

“My middle name’s Ben’hai (*pronounced as Ben-hey or Ben-ay*)” he said. Natalie nodded.

“My name’s Natalie McCoy” she smiled. Ben shook her hand, glancing over his shoulder at her brother, his smile being replaced by a scowl.

“You need to keep your friend away from my brother, Natalie” Ben said lowly. “He’s not good for her. Trust me.”

“I’ll do everything in my power to keep my friend away from your brother” Natalie said instantly.

“Good” Ben murmured. What no one saw, was the murderous glint in Alpha’s eyes as he heard what his brother said. He won’t ruin this for me, he thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image
The guy who plays Ben, or Beta, is Chris Hemsworth. Cute, huh? Serious, they're both insanely hot. Just imagine Beta with dark green eyes, and Alpha with kinda creepy emerald green eyes.