Sequel: Bleed It Out
Status: Completed. First story I've ever finished!

Falling Into Black

Chapter 17

Natalie was a bit surprised when Katie joined her in the common room the next morning. She had honestly expected her best friend to bail out of the trip. But, here the blonde was, dressed in skinny jeans and a sweater, hair pulled back in a loose ponytail, and a timid smile on her face, ready to go.

“Where’s Alpha this morning?” Natalie reluctantly asked as the two walked out of the common room.

“He said he snuck out and got his costume last night” Katie replied, looking down at her boots, which were really cute, Natalie realized.

“Oh” Natalie smiled, happy that there was a less likely chance of running into the git. “So do you have any ideas?”

“No, not really” Katie shrugged. Natalie noticed she was rubbing her hand. The same one that she used to punch Sirius with.

“Katie” the brunette sighed. “Sirius—”

“Stop right there, Natalie” Katie interrupted sharply, stopping. “I don’t want to talk about him right now. I just want to enjoy my time with my best friend.” Natalie sighed again, nodded. Which brought a smile back on Katie’s face.

-

The trip to Hogsmead was fun. Just like all the other times Katie and Natalie had been there. They hardly ever stopped laughing or smiling. Just like old times. Natalie had already found her costume/dress, but Katie couldn’t find the right one.

“Katie, this is ridiculous” Natalie laughed. “We’ve been through all of the shops and you haven’t found one dress or costume that you like.” Katie abruptly stopped.

“We haven’t been there” she stated with a grin. “Come on!” With that, Katie yanked Natalie into the shop, which was even creepier inside than outside. It was nearly pitch black, with only a few lights floating overhead. There were cackling skeletons, ghosts floating around, and Natalie was walking on something wet. She was afraid to look down for fear of what she was standing in.

“Here? Really?” Natalie asked nervously. Katie nodded, already looking around. It was kinda ironic. Halloween was Natalie’s favorite holiday, but now she was afraid to go into a little costume shop. Natalie almost laughed.

“Hello, dears” a cheerful woman suddenly appeared in front of them. The woman was wearing a yellow flower dress that really didn’t belong in this creepy place and a warm smile that almost had Natalie relaxing. Almost. “What can I help you with?”

“I’m looking for something that is the opposite of her dress” Katie smiled. The woman looked at Natalie.

“Well, let me see the dress” she laughed. Natalie quickly unzipped the bag on her arm. The accessories were in a small back inside, which contained her mask, headband, and she carried the stupid plastic stick which would tie the outfit together. “Hmm, I know just the thing” the woman beamed. Katie followed after the woman, but when Natalie started to, Katie shook her head.

“I want it to be a surprise” Katie smiled. Natalie rolled her eyes.

“Fine, I’ll wait out here in the super creepy store” Natalie muttered, earning a chuckle from Katie. As Katie ducked into the back room, Natalie wondered around, looking at all the costumes and masks and make-up. She was quite impressed with this store. It was like it was devoted to Halloween.

Not even 5 minutes later, Katie and the storeowner walked out of the back. Katie was holding two large bags, one containing the dress and the other unknown to Natalie, and a medium one. And she was grinning. “You two come again now, ya here?” the woman ordered, acting very motherly.

“Oh we will” Katie replied as she and Natalie walked out of the shop. “Three Broomsticks?” Natalie nodded, and laughed as Katie started skipping toward the pub.

-

Sirius, James, Remus and Peter were sitting outside the Three Broomstick, enjoying a warm mug of butter beer as they watched the fall leaves fall. Every once in a while, girls would walk by, and giggle as they fluttered their eyelashes at James and Sirius. The boys would suppress an eye roll and look away.

“Hi, Peter” a girl suddenly appeared in front of them, grinning widely. Peter looked shocked that a girl, (who happened to be Chastity Ace, the second most popular girl in school next to her sister, Purity) would come to talk to him.

“Uh, h-hi Chastity” he stuttered.

“I was wondering if you’d like to go to the ball with me” Chastity asked excitedly.

“He’d love to” James cut in, grinning. She grinned even wider.

“Great! Meet me outside the Great Hall at 8 o’clock. Don’t be late.” With that, she winked and skipped off.

“W-what just happened?” Peter mumbled. James slapped the small boy on the back, nearly causing him to spill his butter beer.

“I believe you just got asked to the ball, my friend” James grinned.

“Congrats, Wormtail” Remus smiled.

“I’m happy for you” Sirius added quietly. And he was. Sirius just couldn’t help but feel jealous of Peter. Peter got to go to the ball with his crush and Sirius was stuck going alone while he watched his love go with a demon. It just didn’t seem fair. The universe really was trying to keep him and Katie apart.

But damn him if he gave up. Sirius Black doesn’t give up, he thought. Especially on the girl he loves.
♠ ♠ ♠
So so sorry i haven't updated in a while. I've been busy with school and crap. Well, here ya go. XD