Status: finished

The Marauder Princess

The Marauder Princess {18}

(Sirius’s P.O.V.)
I walked down the hall toward Defense Against the Dark Arts with James, Peter and Remus as normal. We were discussing in hushed voices what we were going to be doing at the end of the week on the full moon. Suddenly Emily joined us so the conversation came to a halt. Emily had been a bit testy with me and the others since we had stopped being friends with Raven, who I might add she continued to hang around with.

“You know you guys really should start talking to Raven again.” She said suddenly.

“Okay don’t start that again Em.” James said.

Emily gave a sigh and walked ahead of us to where Kelly and Raven stood. Raven saw us and quickly turned away walking down the hall. Emily said something to Kelly and she shook her head sadly, turned and glared at us, then followed Raven.

“You know maybe we should forgive Raven.” Remus said

“You’re joking right Moony?” I said shocked that he would say something like that.

He just shrugged. When we entered the classroom, took our sets, I looked around and found the girls in the far corner Raven’s head down on the desk. I rolled my eyes. pathetic She was trying to make us think she was sorry about not telling us and the fact she was what she was. Well it wasn’t going to work, on me at lest.

“Okay class today we will be working in pairs to do research on some defensive spells.”

“Well we partnering up as usually Prongs?”

“I will be picking the partners Mr. Black.” The teacher said when he heard me ask James.

A groan went through classroom at that, but we all became silent when he began telling us who our partners were.

“Mr. Black you will be paired with Miss Towsley.”

I paled. This couldn’t be happening!

(Raven’s P.O.V.)
My eyes widened when I heard I was paired with Sirius. Oh god this isn’t good But I stood up and began making my way toward him shaking. It seemed ages before I was standing beside him looking down at him with worried eyes. He looked up at me with narrowed eyes, stood up, and nodded his head for me to follow him. I did so. We headed toward the library to start working on our research in silence. It was so unnerving that I was driving me mad!

“Sirius.” I whispered breaking the silence between us.

“What.” He snapped at me.

I winced. “Please let me explain things.”

He stopped and turned to look at me his arms crossed over his chest.

“Alright go ahead and tell me more lies.”

“I swear I won’t be lying to you!”

He rolled his eyes and I knew he wouldn’t believe me no matter what I told him. I sighed and closed my eyes trying not to let the tears fall. I couldn’t believe how much I was apt to cry lately. Normally I wasn’t one to cry, but since all this had happened I could cry on a whim.

“Fine, let’s just go get our report done.” I said and walked past him.

I felt him staring at my back as I continued down the hall to the library.

“Coming or are you going to make me do all the work?” I called angrily.

A few moments later he was at my side again, but he was looking at me weirdly.

“What?” I growled.

I had let anger take the place of my sadness, its how I always got by.

“You’re not going to tell me your story?”

“Why should I?” I hissed. “You won’t believe it, so I’m going to save my breath.”

He raised and eyebrow. “Well I still wanted to hear what you were going to say.”

I stopped in my tracks. “Why?”

“Well now I think I just might believe you.”

He looked down at the floor and I could tell he was ashamed.

“What would change your mind?”

“The fact you didn’t go ahead and tell the story when you knew I wouldn’t believe it.”

“So, why would that change your mind?”

He smiled. “I think anyone who is being truthful knows when to tell and when not to.”

I smiled back. “So you really want to hear?”

He nodded and leaned against the wall ready to listen. I swallowed; it wasn’t going to be easy to reveal everything. But here went nothing.

“Well I never wanted to be one; I was forced into it by my parents. They told me that any daughter of theirs was going to be a Death Eater like them or die.” I took a deep breath then continued. “You see the Towsley’s have been Death Eaters since the Dark Lord came to power and they want to keep it that way.”

Sirius looked appalled by what I had told him.

“And that’s why my family and I don’t get along. They make my life a living hell and always have because I don’t believe what they do. I get the Cruciatus Curse every time I do something they don’t like.”

“Wow.”

“You and I are a lot alike Sirius. Both of our families hate us and we are rebels.” I smiled, “Only difference is I have the Dark Mark and you don’t.”

“I had no idea you had it so bad.”

I shrugged. “I’m used to it.”

Things went silent between us again, neither of us knowing what to say next. Finally he held out his hand to me.

“Friends again?”

A wide grin found its way to my face and threw my arms around him laughing. He laughed to because of the fact I had almost knocked him to the floor.

“Of course!” I squealed

“Now isn’t that sweet.” A voice said teasingly.

The two of us turned to see who was there. My eyes narrowed at the blonde haired boy that stood just down the hall.

“Beat it Blathy.” I said my good mood now gone.

He grinned and started toward me and I backed away but was smiling.

“AH! Let go!”

“I warned you to stay away from her.” Emily said as she slammed Blathy against the hard brick wall.

“Look you freak you can’t tell me what to do.”

I smiled knowing that was the wrong thing to do; no one called Emily a freak and lived. Emily bared her fangs with a hiss, pulled her fist back and would have hit Blathy had Sirius not stopped her.

“What are you doing?” she growled at Sirius.

“Don’t, he isn’t worth getting detention over.”

She looked back at Blathy who looked extremely scared and who wouldn’t be when they were on the wrong side of Emily rage.

“You’re lucky he was here to stop me.”

She let go of him and walked over to me, Sirius beside her. I once again hugged Sirius who retuned it. Footsteps where heard coming down the hall a few moments later and who else but the others came around the corner. They looked at us strangely, mostly likely wondering why Sirius and I were still in the halls.

“Okay what’s going on here?” James asked looking from one of us to the other.

“Well let’s just say Raven here opened my eyes and made me see that she deserves another chance.” Sirius said.

I saw a grin spread across Remus’ face.

“Are you sure Padfoot?”

Sirius looked at me and smiled. “Yeah I’m sure.”