Status: finished

The Marauder Princess

The Marauder Princess {9}

November went quicker then any of us could have imagined as did December.

“Come on.” I whispered to Emily, Lily, and Kelly as we snuck up the boy’s dorm stairs.

Our feet made barely any noise as we finished the last few steps and started for the door that was labeled 6th Years.

“Why are we sneaking around again?” Kelly asked sounding annoyed.

“Because the boy’s are surely still asleep and we are going to wake them up.”

I grinned imagining the boy’s faces already. We reached the door and Emily took hold of the knob, opened the door, then Emily, Lily, and I moved quickly into the room. We each took to a bedside, Emily to Sirius’, me to Remus’ and Lily to James’. We each waved our wands and the guys jolted away when they were sprayed with cold water! Lily, Emily and I burst out laughing at their faces and the fact that Peter woke up screaming too.

“What was that for!” asked and angry Remus.

“Happy Christmas!” I said smiling widely.

“Hey that’s right it’s Christmas today!” exclaimed James.

Kelly now joined us shaking her head. Then James and Sirius jumped from their beds and attacked their presents, making me and the girls laugh. I suddenly realized Remus was staring at me. I blushed.

(Remus’ P.O.V.)
I noticed Raven blush after she noticed me staring at her, so I quickly looked away. I slapped myself mentally. You idiot she’s not interested in you! But I couldn’t help staring at her, she looked so cute in her long-sleeved shirt and sweatpants. I got up off my bed and started opening my presents with the others. After I had opened five of mine I noticed Raven was just sitting on my bed watching us all opening ours.

“Hey how come you’re not opening yours?” I asked.

“I already have.” And she pointed to the six gifts lying next to her.

“Do you like the dung bombs?” Sirius asked smiling at her.

She laughed, “Yes I do. They’ll come in handy. I love all your guys’ gifts.”

“You didn’t get anything from your parents?” James pointed out.

I noticed Raven’s eyes waver and her begin to fidget slightly. Why would the mention of her parents make her nervous?

“Well uh…I don’t quite get along with them.” She muttered.

“Oh.” James said, “How come.”

She suddenly became angry, “I don’t want to talk about it.”

She stood up grabbed her stuff off my bed and left the room leaving us all shocked at her strange behavior.

“What’s up with her?” James said jerking his thumb toward the door where Raven had just disappeared.

“Don’t know but you sure ticked her off Prongs.” Sirius said.

I had finished opening my gifts so I got up, slipped unnoticed out of the room, then down the stairs and on into the common room where I found Raven. She was sitting in front of the fire on the small rug. As I approached her I noticed tears running down her cheeks. She didn’t seem to notice me till I put my hand on her shoulder, which made her jump.

(Raven’s P.O.V.)
I jumped when I felt someone touch my shoulder; I looked to see it was Remus that stood beside me. I quickly wiped my eyes trying to make it look like I hadn’t just been crying. I hated looking weak to other people, I had learned at a young age that looking weak wasn’t a good thing. I could see the concern in Remus’ yellow eyes as I looked back up at him after drying my violet ones.

“I’m fine really.” I whispered.

Without a word he sat down beside me looking into the fire like nothing was wrong, like we were just sitting there to get warm. I smiled, pulled my knees up, and leaned my head against his shoulder. As we sat there I wanted to tell him everything, everything about me and my family. I knew though that to do so would be to lose him and the other few friends I had now. My parents hated me yes and I them, it would always be that way because of what they had done to me. My head snapped up and around when I heard a tapping sound on the window. I sighed when I noticed whose owl it was, my father’s. The large eagle owl tapped the window again when I didn’t move.

“Alright.” I muttered as I got up.

I felt Remus’ eyes on me as I moved across the room to the window, opened it and took a small envelope from the owl.

“Ow! You stupid bird!” I yelled at it when it bit me.

It loved doing that every time it delivered something to me. I swatted at it and it bit at me again, so I reached for my wand but before I could get it the owl had disappeared.

“Damn.” I hissed, “I’ll get you next time.”

I looked down at the envelope, which unmistakably had my father’s handwriting on it. I took my fingernail and sliced it open. When I did a single Knut fell from it and landed on the floor as I began reading the letter that came with it, and as I did I felt tears weld up in my eyes again.

“Raven?”

“Screw them!” I yelled throwing the paper down and stomping on it.

I walked away from the letter and the Knut toward the stairs leading to the girl’s dorm.

“I’m going back to bed.” I informed Remus then left him in the common room by himself.

(Remus’ P.O.V.)
I got up, walked over and picked up the paper that Raven had gotten. My eyes widened as I read it, how could anyone write this to their own daughter!

Here you go. This is all you’re worth, you good for nothing.
Love,
Dad


Raven was a worth a lot more then just one Knut that was for sure. I crumpled up the paper and threw it in the fire, now understanding why she was so angry. What had made her parents hate her so much? And her them? Like me Raven had secrets, secrets she was unwilling to tell. Luckily though James, Sirius and Peter had found out my secret so I now had someone to talk to, but Raven she had no one. I sighed, turned and head back upstairs to be with the others. This sure wasn’t a very happy Christmas.