Sequel: Love Bites 2.0

Love Bites

Chapter 44

"Finally! God it took you long enough," Sophie Ann was laying on a tanning bed in her day room. She was wearing a cute bathing suit as she looked up at us. Hadley was laying next to her. The look of suprise that came across her face when she saw me, made me want to laugh at first. But this was far to serious of a situation to be laughing at any time.
I curtsied when I stopped infront of the queen, as Eric bowed quickly.
"Whats this!" Sophine Ann jumped up and came closer to me. Her face was a mix of excitement and wonder.
"She's no longer human," Her eyebrow raised as she did a slow walk around my body.
"No." Eric finally spoke and I looked up at him. "The last time we were with you, she was dead. There was a little spark left in her life and I made her into one of us. I wasnt going to give her up that easily."
Sophie Ann walked back over to her chair and sat down.
"Isn't that interesting Hadley? She was quite beautiful as a human, but even more so now that she's a vampire," She glanced at Hadley who still hadn't taken her eyes off of me.
"Yes it sure is," Her voice was like a little mouse.
"Well this sure throws a wrench into what my plans were," Sophine Ann sighed and then took a drink of her blood.
"And what were those plans going to be?" Eric was the one who wanted to know, I was ok with not knowing if they meant I was going to die.
"Well originally, I was going to kill her if she wasn't already dead. But now that she's a vampire, she's one of my subjects and I cant just kill her out of random entertainment,"
Eric took my hand in his and held it tightly again. I wans't sure what was going to happen now. Sophie Ann smirked.
"Guards! Take her to the down to the cellur!" Sophie Ann yelled and in seconds the guards were on me pushing me to the ground.
"Eric!" I screamed and looked up at him. There were three large guards holding him back from me.
"Nikki, Don't worry it wil be ok love, it'll be ok." Eric's words were pleading as I watched his face as I was dragged away.

Eric's POV
"Queen you can't do this! She's my child now!" I pushed off the other guards after Nikki's screams finally became silent.
"And why not Northman?" She stood up and took a step closer to me. I hated her so much. I had to use ever bit of my concentration to not leap out and attack her. Once I had finally had Nikki back, she does this to me.
"Because she is my mate! My child! You've already had your time with her," I felt a surge of pain go threw my body as if it was my own pain. My connection to Nikki was so deep the pain she felt I did too.
"Oh how heart warming," Sophie Ann rolled her eyes as she took another step towards me. "Look Eric, last time I saw you two I killed her and now she's dead like us. Some how you two escaped, and killed most of my guards. That is a crime, I could have you killed for that,"
I had forgotten about that. I clenchedmy jaw tightly together. I had to find a way out for us, for her atleast. I could sacrifice myself for her if it really came down to that. She made it without me as a vampire, she could do it again if it needed to happen.
"What do you want? I will giv eyou anything to let her leave unharmed," I pleaded with her. Anything at this point wasnt as important as her.
"What do I want? Well Eric I want everything," The queen have me an arrogant look.
"Then take it, I'll give up my title as sheriff," I fell to my knees, not sure what else I could do.
Sophie Ann watched me closely. She didn't say anything for a few minutes as she thought about what I had said.
"Eric," She broke the silence after 20 minutes, it seemd like my whole life time. "I don't want anything of yours. It is truely noble that you're willign to give up everything for her. I can't kill her unless she does something wrong. So she's free, you're free. Now get the hell out of here before I change my mind!" Sophie Ann waved me off and I ran quickly over to the door and followed Nikki's scent.
I could hear her, crying softly in the corner. I raced over to her. She scenced me before I got into her line of view.
"Eric!" She jumped up extatic that I was there. I crushed the lock in my hand and pulled the door open. She came running into my arms and held onto me tightly. "I'm so happy you're here!!"
"Don't worry love, I told you everything would be fine. Lets go home,"
♠ ♠ ♠
there are only 6 most chapters in this series, buuut there is the sequel that i'll start putting up right after i'm finished it. the more demand for the story, the faster I'll put everything up :P