Status: Almost complete.

Rumored Nights

Walked You Home Most Days

************
Shyla’s POV

I had left William at the hospital headed to the police station. I had found Jeremy and was now talking to him through a plane of glass and a phone like device. He seemed healthy for the most part and a little tired.

He had confirmed that he had killed Matthew and William only dealt with the car and spreading of the ashes. He made me swear I wouldn’t tell anyone. He said he wanted William to be clear from everything. What caught my attention was how Jeremy seemed scared of William.

“All I got to say is don’t upset him. I mean it Shyla. I love you and I know he loves you but just keep him happy.”

I sighed, “Yeah, you could have told me sooner.”

He looked through the glass right into my eyes, “What did you do?”

I whispered, “I accidentally stabbed him.”

The colors from Jeremy’s face drained and he started to panic, “What are you doing here? Even if he’s upset at you, you need to make him understand that you didn’t mean it. Shyla! You know how sensitive he is! Don’t get him thinking of you in a bad way. Go. Trust me.”

“But–”

He looked terrified. He was acting as if William was going to come and kill him for me telling him that I had upset William. That there showed me he never wanted to cross William. I felt so puzzled.

Why hadn’t William convinced him not to kill Matthew if Jeremy was so scared of William?

“Shylaboo, just do it. I worked with him on this and I know what he’s like. Don’t let him get angry. He’ll crack and you’ll be in danger.”

I nodded and left him. I got escorted out and once I was outside I quickly made it back to the hospital. I got to his floor and past the patient board. William’s name was still on it so it meant he hadn’t left yet so that was good.

I walked over to his room and opened the door slowly. I slipped in and closed the door. William was asleep when my eyes laid on him. I quietly moved past his bed and sat down on the couch. There was an extra pillow from William’s bed and it called my name.

I laid down on the couch and my head rest on the pillow. I was going to wait till William woke up. It didn’t take me long to start to get tired but there were a million thoughts running around my head.

So I know knew everything about Matthew. He was in deed dead and not coming back. That Jeremy had done it all or so he said. Whitney was missing but Jeremy said he had nothing to do that when I had brought it up. And finally I had an angry William that I accidentally stabbed.

I was hopping maybe William seeing me here with him would make him slightly happy that I was staying around. Oh the thought of all of this made me restless. I rolled over to the other side and closed my eyes.

“Shyla? Are you awake?”

I sat up, “Yeah I am.”

The room was rather cold and William watched me shiver, “Why are you here?”

I sighed, “I was worried about you. I feel so horrible William.”

He shook his head and his eyes narrowed, “You’re scared of me. That’s why you’re here. You want to make me think you care.”

I got up in a flash and over to him, “No William. That’s not true. I care about you. I keep telling you so. I haven’t gone to the police or anything.”

I let my hands rest on the side rail and he got quiet. I looked down at my hands and I could hear him shuffle slightly. He was thinking, planning. I was afraid of what he might be brewing up in that head of his.

“Prove it.”

I looked at him and could see his brown eyes look cold, “What?”

“Prove that you care, that you love me. I want you to prove that you love me.”

I shook my head, “I don’t know how you want me to prove that?”

“Get me out of here.”

Well, I was tempted to do it. I wanted to get him on a good side so he wouldn’t hurt me or anything else. I did care about him honestly but I just didn’t want him to hurt me. I would be breaking the law on getting him out but I needed to do this. It would save my ass.

“Ok. I’ll get you out of here.”

He smiled and he looked innocent once more. He pointed over to a cupboard and said his clothes were in there. I went and grabbed the bag that was sitting on the shelf. I brought it to him and he lowered the side rail.

He swung his long legs over to rest on the floor as he sat on the edge of the bed. He pulled out his jeans from the back and he quickly pulled them on with me turned away of course. Though, when he finished he complained about his shirt.

I turned back around and I could see the dried blood on it. I scrunched up my nose and he quickly lost the gown and pulled the shirt own even with all the blood on it. He looked up at me and sighed. He removed anything attached to him from the machines letting them beep and he cursed.

He reached over to press a few buttons on the machine to shut them up. He soon stood and I could see he had hospital none skid socks on and I knew he didn’t have any shoes. He looked at me as if he was ready to go run a marathon.

Now I had to follow through.

“Did you get all the information on what to do with your stitches?”

He nodded, “Yes.”

I went over to the door and I opened it slowly. I snuck my head out and I couldn’t see anyone in the halls except for way down that hall at the nurse station. I snuck out first and William quickly followed.

As much as I would have like to done a legal discharge this was going to have to do. I mean he could leave at anytime and they couldn’t keep him. All he had to do was sign a DNR paper and that was it. But right now? I just wanted to get him out of the room at least.

We walked briskly towards the elevator and got in. Once the doors closed and we headed down I sighed in relief. I could hear William chuckle and I felt his fingers brush my hand. I let him entwine our fingers and when the elevator dinged and opened we walked out this time he was leading.

He led me out the front doors and when we hit the air I felt sick. It was nice to be outside but I had known I just let him leave the place he probably should have stayed. I let him walk me down a few blocks before we both stopped.

“William, where are we going?”

“I need to stop at my apartment and then we’re leaving town.”

He tightened his grip on my hand letting me know I wasn’t going anywhere. I followed him knowing it would be safer to do so. Not that it mattered too much. I just figured I had broken the law so I might as well go with it.

Everything in me wanted to turn him in. Even if he hadn’t done anything I would have felt more comfortably knowing he’d be in an interrogation room and the truth out. But for some sick reason I wasn’t turning him in. I was helping him. Granted, I loved my life and I didn’t want to give him a reason to endanger it

So, yes, I was going to follow him, do what he asked, and try to keep on his good side. I didn’t want to get hurt, die or watch anyone else die.

We had made it to his apartment and he changed into new clean clothes and I waited patiently as he got things together. Obviously for our little run away trip. He handed me a backpack and told me to hold onto it as he kept going.

I didn’t know what was in it but I figured it had to be something to help us. I didn’t peek but I wanted to.

He came up to me and took the backpack from me, “Let’s go.”

I don’t know how long we walked but by the time we got to a hotel I was ready to collapse and fall asleep. I didn’t even really hear William book the room. I was to out of it. I was started to feel even sicker from the evil fatigue.

When we got to the apartment it was a one bed type of room but I didn’t care. I walked over to that bed after I removed my shoes and lay across it. William finished whatever he was doing and I just relaxed. It felt nice to just lay there without a care in the world.

He crawled onto the bed next to me, “You tired Shyla?”

I nodded, “Yes.”

He brushed the hair from my face, “Then sleep hun.”

I did so. I got under the covers and I felt my body even relax even more. It a few minutes I would be out. Only if I could have stayed awake.
******
♠ ♠ ♠
Gah! Sorry for the wait guys. I have been such a busy bee. I got my literary magazine done. :D Woot!

And I am now a CNA. :D I passed both of my state tests.

I graduate on the 9th! Woot!

And I'm probably going to the hospital soon. We don't know what's wrong. I've been having trouble with my lungs and coughing up blood. I know, gross. But hopfully it's nothing. People keep telling me to go to the docs but I refuse. I know, shame on me. lol

I know I haven't edited this. I will in the morning. I'm just WAY to tired. I may end up rewriting it anyways.

Thanks for reading! Please comment and subscribe! Love you guys!