Spinning Out of Control

Twenty-Four.

After Emma opened her presents, everyone gathered together around the fire pit, where my dad set up things for S'mores. So far, the party had gone smoothly, if you omit my small breakdown before at the gazebo.

Alex had held me and let me calm down before we returned to the party. At separate times of course, because Jasmine would've immediately been suspicious if we'd come back at the same time. I just miss being able to touch him and hold him and kiss him whenever I want. I hate this sneaking around. To go from being open with him and then this? It's difficult.

Unbelievably difficult.

By the time the party was winding down, I was itching to slap Jasmine in the face. She was milking this for all it was worth—touching, kissing, caressing. Whatever she could do to Alex to piss me off.

I watch from afar as she hung herself off Alex, arms around his neck even as he tried to talk to my father. I just clench my jaw tight as another party attendee gives me a smile. I thank them for coming before they grab their coat. I was in charge of seeing everyone out, which I was fine with, because if I was in the backyard I would be wringing Jasmine's fucking neck until her face was permanently purple. At this, I clench my jaw again.

"Rae," Jack whispers. I feel my stomach plummet at the nickname. I remind myself it was just Jack. "Emma's asleep. Do you want me to take her back to your parents' house?" I look over at him, grinning at the sight of her head against Jack's shoulder, cradled in his arms. They had gotten remarkably close over the course of the night. "She was out before I could tell her it was time for bed."

I laugh, smiling. "Yeah. Go ahead. I'll be there later to change her."

He nods. "She had fun. She told me so. She just...all she said was that she wished Alex had been there sooner." He gives me a grim look before walking out the door.

I grimace myself. Emma wanted him there sooner.

I am interrupted as yet another person comes over putting on their coat. I smile and thank them before they are leaving too. I chance another look into the backyard through the open back door, my lips curling as I see Jasmine in a passionate lip-lock with Alex.

Could she rub it in a litter harder?

A few minutes later, all the guests had said their goodbyes. I walk back to the backyard, where my parents were cleaning up Alex's parents backyard. I grab a garbage bag, going over to the fire pit and starting to pick up trash. I look up to see Jasmine and Alex standing over me.

"Hey, Ravyn," she smiles. "We just wanted to say this was a great party. We're gonna head out, but thanks for—"

"Uh-uh," I put a hand up to stop her. "No way."

She creases her brows, her eyes narrowing. "Excuse me?"

I point to the trash bags. "You two were late to her birthday party." I give a pointed look to Alex, who averts his gaze away from mine. "So, you have to help clean up." Jasmine goes to protest. "Seriously? You had the decency to show up late to Emma's party, knowing fully well what time it started, then try to argue with me when I ask you to help clean up in exchange?"

She hesitates before closing her mouth. She grumbles something to herself before pushing past Alex and going over to the bags. I smile triumphantly since she wasn't looking. Alex crosses his arms over his chest. "That was a little harsh."

"She slapped me. We're almost even."

He seems to agree by the evident gleam in his eye, before reaching out to touch my arm shortly. He also goes over to the trash bags, grabbing one to help clean.

We were all helping silently, grabbing trash and sweeping wordlessly, for a good ten minutes before a squeal breaks the peacefulness that had ended the night. I jump at the sound and spin around, knowing the sound had emitted from Jasmine.

I was right.

She was jumping up and down, obviously having received some sort of message because of the way she grasping her phone. I raise my brows as Alex walks over to her. "What's up, Jazz?" he asks, leaning against the pillar beside her.

"I...oh my God! My agent just texted and said I have an appointment with Elite Models in New York! In two days!" she screams, throwing herself around Alex.

He hugs her back, patting her back awkwardly. "Well, I'm glad."

I feel my face contort in an odd expression. Is what she just said a good thing?

She pulls away from Alex, jumping up and down. "I can't believe it! This is amazing! Babe, I have to leave tomorrow morning. I have to go pack!" She hands him her garbage bag. "I'll see you tonight!" She smacks a kiss on his cheek, making me stick my tongue out, before she's running out of the backyard. There was a moment before we all go back to cleaning.

Moments later, I feel Alex bump into me as I am throwing cups into my bag. "Sup, loser?" he asks. He chuckles as I roll my eyes. I bump my shoulder with his.

"Not much," I respond. "I assume Jasmine got a job?"

"Not a job but..." he stops when he sees my face. "You don't care."

"No, I don't," I laugh, shoveling more trash into my bag. "We're almost done here. Want me to take your bag?" He nods, and seconds later, we were finished. I collect everyone else's trash bags, walking to the side of the house and throwing them in our black bin. I wipe my hands off on my jeans, moving back into the backyard.

It was empty, save for Alex who was waiting for me by the plot of garden his mother grew, his hands stuffed in his pockets. I cross my arms over my chest.

"Why aren't you inside?" I ask, walking closer to him.

We hear the light rumble of thunder overhead. We look up at the same time. "I like rain."

I laugh. "At least the weather decided to drastically change after the party."

He chuckles, grabbing at my waist and pulling me into him. Our gazes stay staring at the sky. "You know this was going to happen. It's the climax of the movie. Where the hero and heroin have the dramatic moment, stock full of cheesy dialogue and sudden weather. Don't you read books?"

I laugh, feeling the first raindrops hit my skin. "I was hoping one of us would mention the cliche aspect of this moment." We both look back at each other.

"Hey," he smiles.

"Hi," I smile.

I watch as he starts to lean down, his breath hitting my lips. I swallow. I push back, his arms falling away from my body. "Uh-uh," I wag my finger. "The peak, the kiss, won't be that easy."

He gasps. "You just ruined it!"

I laugh, stumbling forward as he lunges for me. I run deeper into his backyard, spying the gazebo again. I decide to stop the chase before we can make it there, pretending to get held up in the middle of the grass of his parent's backyard. I stop to catch my breath. I put up a hand as he stops before me. "You...win..." I gasp out.

He chuckles. "Of course I do." He grabs me again, his arms around my torso keeping me locked against his body. The rain was coming down a bit harder more, making Alex smile, knowing he'd predicted this. "Ah, the rain. The cheesy, cheesy rain." I laugh as he lifts me up a bit so we could be face to face, my feet off the ground.

"Really? The lift? I thought you were better than that Alex."

He shrugs. "I'm not. And you know it."

I laugh and he presses our mouths together in a kiss. I respond, coiling my arms around his neck tighter. It wasn't until the rain was heavy and thick, when I shiver because the water on my skin was cold, that Alex starts moving us back to his parent's house. He kept our lips against each other as best he could as we moved. The only difficulty was him getting the back door open, which he succeeds in doing, before we're inside.

He immediately puts me down, grabbing my soaking hand. I was dripping and so was he. We run toward the front door, him grabbing his keys as we go. We didn't bother with jackets because we were already soaked to the bone. We make it into his car, even more wet now and we drive the few short streets before we're at my parents house.

We're inside in another few moments.

We're in the guest bedroom downstairs a solid minute later.

We had our clothes off and on the ground in less than 30 seconds.

This time, we made sure to use a condom.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooooh sexy time.
Thoughts?

AtypicalHeart
spphre4k9
NerdGlasses
ToxicxDancefloor