‹ Prequel: An Unbreakable Bond
Sequel: To Be Strong

Beautiful Remains

Quintin/Chase -Point of View-

Quintin

After William left the room,I heard the door open once again and my best friend of over ten years entered the room. Chase closed the door silently behind him before walking over to me and sitting in the chair William once sat "Hey there" He whispered,grasping my hand and holding it tight.

I returned the grip as tightly as possible,feeling the tears well up in my eyes as I looked at him "I know..I know I'm not going to make it through this Chase" I whispered,causing his eyes to sadden even more,he went to speak but I stopped him.

"I want you to know that you are the greatest friend I've ever had,everyone out there is so lucky to get to be around you" I whispered,my voice growing weaker as everything took over my body slowly,minute by minute "Promise me that you won't let my passing ruin what you have out there,you keep being the best partner and mother you can be. Promise me you'll take care of Will..make sure he finds someone great for him" I said.

"But your the one best for him Quin..don't you get that?" he whispered back,tears of sorrow welling in his eyes and sliding down his cheeks,I shook my head and waved my hand weakly over my body as I fought to take a breath before speaking again.

"No..I'm not..I use to be but not anymore" I spoke,my voice faltering a bit "I want to be cremated..I have enough money in my account for everything and your name is already on the account..I want my ashes spread in the creek where we first met..but if you wish to carry some of me with you then you may" I spoke.

I watched as the tears started flooding down my best friends face as he nodded "I-I promise" He choked out. I sighed in relief and closed my eyes as I grew tired,I suddenly felt like I was floating,no pain,no beeping from the machine. I finally felt fully at peace.

Chase

I sat there,holding Quintin's hand as the machine beeped then flat lined as he passed "Quin..oh god..Quin" I choked out before my head fell onto the bed,sobbing into it as I continued to hold his hand,the sadness and sorrow racking my body as my best friend passed away in front of me.

After a bit,I stood up and took the sheet and covered Quintin's body with it,tears streaming down my face as I gave him one last kiss on the cheek "I love you Quinny" I whispered before covering his face and walking out.

I saw Dean standing with the others and held back a choked sob. causing everyone to look at me. I stood there,tears streaming down my face pale and my eyes telling everything. Dean got up and jogged over to me.

Everyone was soon surrounding me. No one spoke, just cried silently. Dean looked over at Mrs. Greene who glanced up when he looked at her. "Will you pray? Please?" he asked, causing her to nod.

As she started, everyone grabbed hands -- everyone but me and Dean We stood there, in each others arms, as my mom's voice floated through the waiting room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that this chapter is rather short..its kinda hard to type when your eyes are full of tears :'(