‹ Prequel: An Unbreakable Bond
Sequel: To Be Strong

Beautiful Remains

Will/Dean

Will

For a long moment, Quin and I were quiet, not really knowing what to see. "Hey, why don't you go hang out with the guys. I kind of want to see Chase right now. I need to talk to him." I looked at Quin for a long moment before nodding finally and standing up.

I bent down and kissed Quintin softly. I needed it to calm my nerves. He returned it, his hand coming up and gently resting on the back of my neck. "I love you, Quintin. So much," I whispered when we pulled apart.

"I love you, too, Willy. Just as much," he replied, looking up at me and giving me a weak smile. I quickly squeezed his hand for a brief moment before walking out into the hallway and looking at Chase.

"He wants to talk with you. I think he just needs someone who he's know forever to be in there with him more than a lover," I said, causing Chase nod. Before I knew what was happening, Chase hugged me. I wrapped my arms around him and rested my chin on his head.

"Thank you for making him happy. I knew it couldn't have been easy," he whispered, pulling away from me.

"He just needed time, and I understood that. I don't like rushing things, it's not who I am. Now, get in there with your friend; he needs you." Chase nodded and smiled at me. I nodded once in his direction before walking down the hall to the guys.

They were all in the same spots, only there were two more familiar faces. My eyes landed on the one with the familiar messy black hair and blue eyes. "Geoff!" I called, running over to him. He stood up and opened his arms. I nearly tackled him into the floor. I felt hot tears falling down my face. "I never have been more happy to see him. We pulled away and I stared at him for a moment before turning to Shaun and pulling him into a hug. After pulling away, I gripped both of their shoulders and then brought them closer. "It's so good to have you here."

"It's good to be home," Geoff whispered.

Dean

After smiling at Will's reaction to seeing Geoff and Shaun again, my face seemed to fall. I felt a heart-broken feeling in my chest. Trying not to dwell on it, I glanced at the doors that lead out into the parking lot. It was then I saw Chase's parents rushing in.

Running over to them, they seemed glad to see me. "How's Quinny?" Mrs. Greene asked, looking at me. I walked her over to where I was just sitting and had her sit down. "What's wrong with him?"

"He has brain cancer. He's in stage three and I don't believe there's a chance for him to survive," I said, a gasp escaping her mouth and tears pouring over. Mr Greene knelt down, clasping her hands, a look of total shock on his face.

Before I could say or do anything, I heard a choked sob. I looked up, as well as everyone else. Chase was standing there, his face pale and his eyes telling everything. I got up and jogged over to him.

Everyone was soon surrounding him. No one spoke, just cried silently. I looked over at Mrs. Greene who glanced up when I looked at her. "Will you pray? Please?" I asked, causing her to nod.

As she started, everyone grabbed hands -- everyone but me and Chase. We stood there, in each other's arms, as his mom's voice floated through the waiting room.