Status: Active

This Moment was Held for Me

Drool

The next day I woke up late and had to hurry to get ready for work. Amanda was still fast asleep in bed with drool coming out of her mouth. I bet she was dreaming about Gerard.
I had a shower, threw on some clothes and grabbed my bags. I remembered Gerard’s offer about the film, so I scribbled a note to Amanda explaining that I took the video tape to get developed. Lucky for me, my work was in close proximity to Amanda’s house. As soon as I walked in the door, I noticed Gerard sitting behind the counter with sunglasses on.
I smirked and raised my eyebrows at him, “Really?”
My mother always berated me for being sarcastic. It definitely was a habit nowadays.
He smirked back, “It’s too bright in here for someone with a hangover.”
I dumped my bag behind the counter and gave him a hug, “I warned you.”
He pouted, “Do you wanna give me a kiss to make it better?”
“Dream on, Way.”
He laughed, “At least I tried.”
I bent down and dug through my bag. After finding the tape I stood up again and waved the tape in his hand which distracted him from reading a new comic.
“Remember this?”
He kept the comic book in front of his face, “Mmm. My TV debut, right?”
I laughed, “Yeah, you definitely feature. You’re lucky we didn’t edit you out.”
This made him snap the comic book shut as he gasped in mock horror, “You wouldn’t dare!”
“Get it developed and you’ll find out,” I said chucking the tape into his pale hands.
He fumbled it and nodded, “Will do ma’m.” He continued to peruse the comic book pages with interest. I decided I should work out the back and unload a new shipment of comics. I flipped through some of them now and then but I wasn’t really in the mood for reading. After a few hours in the back, I was both tired and hot. I stumbled out of the backroom and shoved my fringe off my face with a sigh. I could hear Gerard chatting to someone at the front of the store. As I walked through the aisles of comic books, I caught a fragment of their conversation. It was a male voice Gerard was talking to.
“Please buddy? I said you would do it,” pleaded Gerard.
I heard the male giggle, “I don’t know Gee. I don’t usually perform free sexual favors for girls I don’t know..”
Gerard cut him off, “You dick! I mean ‘do it’ as in you would ‘do’ the video. As in, you’d ‘develop’ the tape! As in, nothing sexual!”
The boy giggled again. It sounded so happy and childlike. “I know what you mean, Gee. I’ll do it.”
It sounded like Gerard was smirking this time as he said, “Do ‘it’ or develop the video?”
“You have a sick mind!” said the male voice as he pushed against the comic book store door which made the bell ring.
Gerard called after him, “Not fair! You were the one that started that!”
I now reached the front desk. Gerard’s sunglasses were off his face and he was grinning.
“Who was that?” I asked.
“My friend, Frankie. He works across the street, remember?”
“Video guy?” I asked.
He laughed, “You could call him that, I guess.”
“He sounded…giggly,” I said.
Gerard nodded happily, “Yeah he is. Frank pulls pranks, gets into trouble, has tons of energy, giggles crazily and plays guitar constantly. He is in my band.”
“Sounds like fun,” I said.
“He is.”
“I meant the band.”
“Oh,” laughed Gerard, “that too.”
“There’s a lot of stock out the back,” I continued the conversation in a different way.
“Wait, what?”
“I said there’s a lot of stock out the back.”
“How can you go from talking about boys to work?”
I raised my eyebrows, “Are you secretly a girl?” My mother’s voice sounded in my head as I realized how often I use sarcasm.
Gerard laughed, “No. But I would be a pretty one,” he said grinning, “But the point is, you always avoid talking about boys or romance.”
I frowned, “As if!”
He nodded like a little boy, “It’s true! Whenever I ask you about boyfriends, you just change the subject.”
“Um, firstly, Frank is not my boyfriend or your boyfriend. Secondly, Frank has nothing to do with my romantic life. Thirdly, I don’t know Frank,” I said using my fingers to count on, “Therefore; I’m clearly not avoiding the topic of romance or boyfriends.”
Gerard sighed, “Yeah, but you just change the topic when talking about boys in general.”
I laughed, “I don’t have a boy phobia Gerard. If that’s what you’re insinuating.”
“Okay okay, fine. I might be exaggerating. But you never talk to me about your boyfriends.”
I rolled me eyes, “Again, you are such a diva.”
He wagged his finger at me, “See! You’re avoiding my question.”
“You didn’t ask a question!”
“Fine! You avoided my accusation.”
I laughed, “Uh, because you didn’t let me finish. The reason I don’t talk about my boyfriends is because I don’t have one.”
“So you’re embarrassed?” Gerard asked.
I shook my head, “Not at all. I don’t care. I’m just not really allowed one. My mom is really strict,” I explained.
“Oh,” he said in understanding.
“Besides, they are too much trouble. And I’ve never met anyone that’s exciting enough.”
“Exciting enough?” he said with his eyebrows raised, “Do you realize who you are talking to?”
I laughed, “Dude, you’re an awesome friend. But you’re not my type.”
He laughed too, “I know. I’m kidding with you. But what do you mean, ‘exciting enough.’”
“I just want someone who is fun to be around. Someone that can make me laugh, and someone who has the same interests as me. Someone that keeps me guessing. Someone that confident and flirty,” I blushed at this point, “But at the same time, someone who is really caring and understanding and sensitive.”
“So Mr Perfect?” Gerard said making fun of my expectations.
I laughed, “I guess. I’m too picky. And my Mom is too hard to handle. I wouldn’t want to bring a boy around to meet her.”
“But I’ve met her?” he asked, “She’s nice.”
“Yeah,” I said, “But you aren’t my potential boyfriend. She’s fine with guys that are friends. But anything more…and she becomes a private investigator.”
He laughed, “Scary.”
I smiled and continued stacking the pile of comic books next to me, “She can be.”
Gerard changed the subject, “Anyway, Frank said he’d develop your video.”
“Yeah,” I nodded, “I heard.”
Gerard looked up at me, “You heard?”
I laughed, “Yeah, he was right. You do have a sexual mind.”
Gerard hit my shoulder, “He started it! ‘Do it’ was not a sexual phrase in that context!”
I rubbed my shoulder and pouted, “Ouch! I was kidding!”
Gerard grinned widely, “Yay! Mia’s on my side.”
“Mmm,” I said, “So when will it be ready?”
Gerard shrugged and stood up, deciding to finally help me with the comic book sorting.
“Later this week,” he answered.
“Thanks Gee,” I said, “When it’s done you should come over and watch it with me and Amanda.”
He grinned, “Amanda will be there?”
I rolled my eyes, “Oh my god, not you too?”
He gasped, “You mean, she likes me too?”
I laughed, “She was practically drooling,” I said remembering this morning.
He puffed his chest out, “Yeah well, what can I say?”
“So you’ll come?” I said looking at my watch and realizing my shift was finally over.
“For you? Anything, sugar.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment your thoughts please! Your getting closer to meeting Frank <3