Status: Active

This Moment was Held for Me

The Rebuild

The next day I almost welcomed the prospect of going to school. At least I would be away from Mom, who hadn’t spoken to me all morning, and I would be distracted from my thoughts about Frank. At lunch, I decided to go into the library. I wanted to finish some homework and study. Even if my personal life was falling apart, I was determined to still finish high school with good grades; particularly as final exams and graduation was approaching quickly. However, I soon was sidetracked. I found myself searching for articles about relationships. I read feverously about how to be a “good” girlfriend. Had I been a good girlfriend for Frank? Why had our relationship screwed up so quickly?
Suddenly, a tap on my shoulder snapped me out of my thoughts. I closed the internet window and turned around.
“Miss Edwards,” the librarian said to me, “The bell rang 10 minutes ago. You need to get to class,” she said.
I looked around with confusion. She was right. The library was now empty of students.
“Oh,” I said as I gathered up my books, “I didn’t realize. I’m sorry.”
She nodded in understanding and looked at me through her glasses, “That’s fine. Just hurry along now, dear.”

That night at dinner, Mom spoke to me again.
“I’ve decided something,” she said without looking at me, “I understand what you’ve done but I don’t like it. You’re grounded for the next month. Unfortunately, I’ve already purchased tickets to the graduation dinner for you, me, Gerard, Amanda...and Frank,” she finished awkwardly. She breathed out, continuing, “I’ll allow you to still go to graduation, and your friends can attend too, but you are to come straight home afterwards; that means no after parties, no sleepovers and definitely no excuses.”
I looked into my lap guilty as she continued speaking, “Also, I’ve taken your mobile phone so you’ll no longer have contact from your friends…or Frank,” she said his name awkwardly again. “I’m very disappointed in you and I hope nothing like this happens again,” she said, “Do I make myself clear?”
“Yes,” I said before repeating my apology.
I didn’t have the ability right now to ask whether I was still allowed to date Frank after one month had passed. It was a discussion for another night.
She swallowed, “Good.”

Another week passed. I told Gerard at work to tell Frank that I was sorting things out with Mom, but I was currently grounded. I wanted to talk with him in person and was still waiting a message from him via Gerard; although nothing had yet been said.

Life had certainly been better. Every day Mom would wake me up early to study before school. She’d then drive me to school and remind me that she’d be at the school gates to pick up at 3pm sharp. At school, I was lucky to be able to talk to Amanda. It took her a while to understand that I how sorry I was for neglecting our friendship but finally we were back to normal. We’d giggle, talk, plan concerts, discuss parents; but there was one subject we both avoided – Frank. She was hanging out with Gerard and the rest of the gang often but funnily enough she was left Frank out of her stories. She’d keep me up to date with what they all did, their progress as a band, and the jokes that were sure to happen between them. Of course I enjoyed hearing about them but it made me sad to be missing out on all their fun. And I missed Frank. It hurt that I still hadn’t heard anything from him. I often wondered whether he had forgiven me, or whether he missed me in return.

There was, however, some hope in the distance for me. Graduation was impending and it was the one social event that Mom was allowing me to go to. Of course, Mom would be there too; but so would Amanda, Gerard, and hopefully Frank. I had given Amanda the tickets to pass on to Gerard and Frank. In the meantime, I was focusing on being a good friend and daughter. I had a lot to rebuild.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello!
I am so sorry it's been ages since I updated. Uni sidetracked me..and then I went away to China where I was unable to use a computer...and now I am back home and ready to finish this story up! I've pretty much finished writing it..it's just a matter of uploading them :)
Thanks for sticking with me. Read back some chapters if you've forgotten what's happened >.<