Seeing Dead People

Dismissal

After realising I was staring into my eyelids, they finally opened and the light poured into my vision. I groaned and rolled onto my front stuffing my face into my pillow. I rubbed the back of my head as I heard the dead girl's voice talking.

'It wasn't a dream...' I rolled back and sat up, "What'd you say?" I slurred groggily.

"I said, 'you snore really loudly'!" She replied irritated that she had to repeat herself.

"Well it's not like I kept you up all night, is it? I mean, you don't even sleep,"

She looked up quite shocked, "H-How did you know that?"

I looked at her, sitting on my chair infront of my desk, "Just a guess, you know, 'cause you're already dead."

"Would you stop?!" She shouted standing up, her hands curled into fists.

"Stop what?"

"Stop talking about death like that!"

"Like what?"

"So... So casually!"

"Well it is a casual thing,"

"That's not the point!" She whined, "It's a sensative subject!"

"And you've been dead for how long again?" I asked trying to remind her. "You should be over it by now."

"How're you suppose to get over your own death?!" She screamed back at me but I gave up listening and rolled out of bed.

"Man, I'm hungry," But the dead girl didn't respond, she just grumbled to herself and leaned back on my desk.

I walked downstairs, scratching my itchy head, again, and finding Alister sitting on my kitchen top counter.

"Your mum went out," He informed me.

"Know where?" I asked not all that curious.

Alister shrugged and I grabbed a bowl and a box of Lucky Charms, yawning.

"Your room is disgusting! I think I just found a moulding sandwhich under your bed,"

I stared at the dead girl, still wearing her long black coat drenched in blood.

"Woh!" Alister panicked jumping off the counter top, "You need to call an ambulance!"

"What? Why?" I turned to Alister who was stunned in shock at the dead girl.

"She's bleeding! She's loosing a lot of blood!" He rushed over to me, "Call an ambulance! She'll die!"

"She's already dead..." I told him.

"Wow..." The dead girl also became in shock, "You're a ghost too?"

"Well, yeah..." Alister laughed with what sounded like relief and I could only watch them dumb foundly. "I've never seen another ghost before..."

"Wait!" I butted in, now very confused, "You've never seen another ghost before? But they're everywhere!"

"We know that but... It must mean we've been stuck in our own World's after all this time, even after we finished replaying our deaths, we were still cut off..." The dead girl tried to suss out.

"Wow, we have our own ghostly Sherlock Holmes," Alister smiled, clearly impressed. "My name's Alister," He held out his hand.

"Actually I'm more Einstien, you know, figuring things out rather than investigating," She smirked happily and tried to take his hand but they passed through eachother. She giggled, "It tickles,"

I rolled my eyes taking my bowl of cereal into the living room, "Get a room," and closed the kitchen door and slouched on my sofa for what seemed like hours. 'Ahh, sweet bliss,'

"Hey Scotty?" Alister asked walking through the door.

'Thought too early,' I rolled my eyes and replied, "Ya?"

He sat next to me in deep thought, "You're an interesting kid for a lazy shmuck,"

"Hah, thanks," I replied sarcastically.

"No problem," He grinned happy to know he had annoyed me a little and began watching TV.

"Where's the dead girl?" I asked realising she wasn't bugging me as usual.

Alister turned to face me. His eyes stared right at me as I concentrated on the TV. It began to bug me, I turned to face him, "What?"

"Nothing," He turned back to the TV and carried on watching.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment, suscribe or talk to me :)

Ohh, check out my other stories, you might like them.