Status: Complete, I think.

How to Get Rid of Your Ex Girlfriend

Just Keep Drooling on My Pillow

It was then that something soft and fluffy hit me hard in the face, shattering the dream like a rock thrown through a window. Groggily, I shot upright. I was sweating slightly. The dream was beginning to slip away, and my mind struggled to cling to it as though it were my last link to life. “No! Wha? Adams…that you?”

“Of course.” A voice drifted out of the darkness to the left. As my eyes adjusted to the lack of light, I spotted him sitting on the other side of the bed and staring at me with…well…some sort of mix between shock, horror, and joy, like a kid who had discovered their birthday present early in their parents’ closet. He was happy, I could tell that much, but he seemed to be slightly frozen with the shock of it, and a little scared and doubtful.

I couldn’t make sense of it.

“Why’d you wake me up?” I asked crossly, rubbing at my eyes with one hand and letting out a jaw-cracking yawn. “I was having a good dream!”

“What about?” His voice was curious, accented with some strange sort of longing excitement.

I frowned at this. “Now that you mention it, I don’t really remember. All I know is that I was…happy. Very, very happy. Euphoric, even.” I paused to struggle to recall the exact feeling, but the dream refused to come back to me. “And why’d you wake me up?”

“You looked like you were having a nightmare,” he said with an innocent shrug.

“A nightmare?”

“Yeah, you were tossing and turning a lot. Muttering stuff.”

“So you woke me up just because you thought I was having a nightmare?” I said indignantly.

“Sorry.”

I rolled my eyes. “You are the weirdest person.”

“Well, that makes you weird by association.”

“True, true.”

“Now…” he said, grinning at me evilly, “…what was that good dream about, anyway?”

I put on my best sexy Edward face, looking up at him from underneath my eyelashes and pretending to smolder. “Adams, I only ever dream of you.”

“Vampires can’t sleep, dumbass.”

“Then what is it Edward does about Bella and sleeping?”

“He watches her sleep, remember?”

I shook my head in wonderment. “Now that’s just creepy…”

Then something occurred to me. I HAD been dreaming about Tyler, hadn’t I? I remembered the sparkle of sunlight on black hair, and the feeling of the breeze dancing around us. Where had we been? But however much I struggled to recall, nothing else came to mind. I bit my lip.

Tyler looked at me with that same curiously longing excitement, as though waiting for some sort of good news. “What is it?”

“Nothing,” I lied quickly.

He seemed to notice this, but didn’t press the subject. A grateful feeling of relief swept through me. Something in me really didn’t want to discuss that dream with Tyler.

We lay there for a little while in silence, too tired to move. I was about to ask him to go away so I could get some rest, but as soon as I turned my head I realized his was already out of it, fast asleep on the other side of the bed and drooling on my pillow.

I was struck by the fact that if this had been anyone else I would have tugged the pillow out from under their head and told them to go sleep in their own bed. However, as soon as I looked at Tyler something swelled up inside me and I smiled, not evilly or sarcastically at all. I just couldn’t bring myself to wake him. Maybe it was something to do with the way he looked so damn innocent when he slept…

In fact, I found I was even okay with him drooling on my pillow.

Covering another yawn, I climbed up heavily and rounded to the other side of the bed. Tyler moved slightly as I pulled the crinkled sheets up around his shoulders, but didn’t wake.

Don’t look at me like that. I was only taking pity on him because it was so damn cold in here and he had that damn innocent look on his face.

Feeling like I deserved the weekend already, I collapsed onto his stone cold mattress and fell asleep instantly.
♠ ♠ ♠
A little shorter than usual...I wanted to put another scene in there, but it'll take up a whole chapter by itself, so I figured I'd just post this and then do that scene next chapter.

As usual, I hope you enjoyed it! Please read on, subscribe, comment, you know how happy it makes me. :D

Thank you to my 143 readers, 61 subscribers, and for my 31 comments. They mean so much to me! <3