Status: Complete, I think.

How to Get Rid of Your Ex Girlfriend

A Little Bit Possessive

Something inside me exploded violently, shattering the last bits of common sense I had left. I stood there for moment, fists shaking and unable to move. Then I let out an angry yell, kicked the garbage can out of the way, and flew at Nerd Boy.

I didn’t care that everyone was watching. This guy was fucking kissing my Tyler. My Tyler. Not his Tyler. MY TYLER.

I grabbed the back of Nerd Boy’s shirt and jerked him bodily away from my best friend. Several people gasped. At first, he seemed to be in shock, but as I glowered over him furiously a wide-eyed look of fear came into his eyes.

“L-l-let me go!” Nerd Boy shrieked, trying and failing to pull himself away. His voice was escalating in panic, making me grin with a sort of sadistic pleasure. “I d-didn’t do anything!”

“Fischer!” Tyler yelled. “Stop it!”

I let go of Nerd Boy, but only so that I could get a grip on the front of his shirt and force him to look at me. “WHY THE FUCKING HELL WERE YOU KISSING ADAMS?”

Nerd Boy started to flail. It did nothing for him, merely forced me to tighten my grip. “You two aren’t pretending to date anymore, remember? He can kiss anyone he wants!”

I shook him violently, not having a valid response to this. I couldn’t just tell the whole school I was gay…

“FISCHER!” Tyler yelled again.

I flung Nerd Boy away from me. He hit the lockers and fell into a crumpled heap beneath them, looking as though he might start crying any second. I whirled on Tyler, roaring, “WHAT?”

“WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING?” He glared at me. And though this may be a bad moment to say this, but he looks really cute when he’s angry. Angry, and in my too-big shirt.

Before I could register what was happening, Tyler had shoved me into the lockers with an angry yell. My head cracked against the metal painfully and I let out a small gasp of pain. Shocked, I stared at him.

His eyes were like fire and he spoke with a low, dangerous tone to his voice. “I can kiss whoever the hell I want, Fischer.”

“I just…” I tried to say.

His fist connected with my face, smashing into my right cheek. “WHAT WAS THAT?”

I raised a hand slowly to my cheek. Well, that was going to leave me a nasty bruise. I tried to beg him with my eyes to understand me, but he just kept glaring.

“BASTARD!” He grabbed me by the shirt, as I had done a minute ago to Nerd Boy, pulled me away from the lockers, and flung me painfully to the floor. I made no attempt to stop him as he started to punch every visible centimeter of me, attacking with the ferocity of a rabid bear. “FIGHT BACK, GOD DAMMIT!”

“N-no!” I choked as he caught me with a vicious blow to the chin. I didn’t care how much he was going to beat me up. I wasn’t going to hurt him. Never.

He stopped punching. “I SAID, FIGHT BACK!”

“NO!”

We glared at each other furiously for a moment. He was directly on top of me now. For a moment, I was sure I was just going to do it. Grab him, pull his face down to mine, and kiss him in front of all of these people. It would have ended all this, ended everything.

“ADAMS! FISCHER!” a voice boomed from down the hallway. “WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING?”

Ms. Fallon stormed forward, and soon there were hands pulling us apart and helping us to our feet.

“DETENTION!” she screeched. “BOTH OF YOU! FIGHTING IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN IN THIS SCHOOL! WHAT A DISGRACE! Oh…” Her face softened as she looked at me, taking in the horror that must be my face. “…and Fischer, you’d better get yourself to the nurse. Then I’ll expect you to join Adams in detention.”

I nodded numbly, turning away and walking slowly down the hallway. I didn’t look at Tyler. I didn’t look at anyone. I kept my eyes fixed firmly in front of me and just walked away, too shocked to even register the pain.

º º º

Detention was spent with me brooding in my corner and Tyler brooding in the opposite one. Well, I wasn’t really sure if he was brooding. All I could see was the back of his head, because he wouldn’t look at me. But I guessed that was okay, since I wasn’t about to look at him either.

My face throbbed painfully. I still hadn’t seen my injuries, and was dreading knowing how beat up I really was. I knew when I got home I wouldn’t be able to resist staring at myself in the bathroom mirror.

What the fuck had just happened?

Well, let’s think back…I poured my heart out to Tyler in note form. Then Nerd Boy came and took credit for it. And kissed him. I got pissed off and threw Nerd Boy into the lockers. Then Tyler got pissed off too and beat me up.

This most definitely meant he didn’t like me back.

I dropped my head into my hands, then jerked it upward quickly because touching my face just made everything throb harder. I looked despondently at my palms, both of which were now sporting blood from either my split lip or bloody nose, I wasn’t sure. This day was…horrible. No other way to describe it. Just terribly, horribly bad.

Tyler probably hated me. Now there was no point in gathering the courage to tell people I was gay, because I couldn’t date him anyway.

Fuck. Fuck the world.

I should at least apologize for throwing Nerd Boy into the lockers. But I wasn’t sorry, not in the slightest. If I couldn’t have Tyler, then neither should he. This may sound possessive of me…but whatever. He’s my Tyler. MINE. No one else’s.

No one else knows him like I do, no one else cares about him like I do. We’re like fucking brothers. That close. He couldn’t just…ditch me like that. I couldn’t lose him.

If all this ended up tearing us apart…I don’t think I’d be able to take it. I’d probably become one of those people who had to take depression pills to keep on living. Yes, that sounds melodramatic, but he’s been part of my life for as long as I could remember. If he left me, loneliness of his absence might just kill me.

I love him.

As a best friend, as a brother.

As more.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks so much, 353 readers, 153 subscribers, and all those who commented the 134 comments! <3

Another 11:00 Saturday post! Enjoy! I might not be able to update again today, because I need to finish the first chapter of a NEW story ;)

But don't worry, I'm not ditching Ex Girlfriend anytime soon. :D