Letting Love Find a Way

"For the Best"

“Get up,” said a voice before I felt my self get pushed off of my bed and landing on the floor with a thud. I groaned.

“Up!” said the voice again. I sat up on my knees and looked up to see Aunt Helen towering over me. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes before standing up. Aunt Helen pushed me toward my bedroom door. “I want you to go over to that boyfriends house now.”

She followed me downstairs and then pushed me towards the front door. She opened the door and shoved me harder outside. I stumbled down the steps and fell on my knees at the bottom. I was a little more awake now. I headed to Frank’s without thinking. When I reached his door I looked down at my clothes. I was still wearing my clothes from yesterday, except they were now wrinkled and my pants had grass stains on them. I ran a hand through my hair, which was a tangled mess. I knocked on the door and waited for Frank to answer. When he did answer, and I saw him, I realized why I was here and what I was supposed to do.

“Vanessa?” he said upon seeing me. “You look terrible.”

I looked down at my feet, then at my house. I could see Aunt Helen standing in the doorway, watching us.

“We need to talk,” I said, looking back at my feet. Tears sprang to my eyes instantly.

“Are you ok?” asked Frank. I didn’t answer him. “Vanessa, look at me!”

He grabbed a hold of my chin and faced me to look at him. He looked startled when he saw my tears.

“Vanessa,” Frank said weakly. “What’s wrong?”

I just shook my head. I wanted this to all go away. I stepped back from him so that he wasn’t holding my chin.

“I think we should break up,” I said quietly, more tears leaking from my eyes. Frank looked at me.

“What?” he said.

“I’m sorry,” I said. “But I think it’s for the best.”

I looked down quickly.

“No,” said Frank. I looked back at him and I felt my heart split in two. Frank was crying. “You can’t do this.”

“I’m sorry,” I whispered.

“Damn it Vanessa!” he said. “Why are you doing this?”

I couldn’t talk anymore. I let out a sob and ran back to my house. When I reached the front door, Aunt Helen came out and gave me a hug. I pushed away from her.

“I hate you,” I spat, before running upstairs to my room. I hate her. I hate myself for letting her threat make me hurt Frank a second time.
♠ ♠ ♠
I thought I'd be nice and update once more tonight ^_^ Feedback?
~Sally