Letting Love Find a Way

If Only For A Second

I stayed in my room the rest of the day. I didn’t eat at all. The only time I ever got up was to go to the bathroom. I sat at my desk, just staring at Frank’s house. I saw Gerard go there and leave not much longer. He glanced at my house before leaving.

At night I tried to sleep, but I had trouble. I’d doze off for only short periods of time before waking up. When morning came, I just sat at my desk again, hoping to see Frank. But he never left his house. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was wallowing in his room too.

A few hours later, I heard the door to my bedroom open. I didn’t turn to see who it was. I didn’t care. I felt a warm hand on my shoulder. I glanced up to see who it was. It was my mom.

“I’m sorry Vanessa,” she said, quietly. I felt myself get angry.

“Why did you let Aunt Helen do this?” I asked. My mom’s hand left my shoulder.

“I don’t know,” she said. “I’ve never been able to stand up to her. Never.”

I looked down at my desk.

“Vanessa,” she said. I looked at her. “I promise you I’m going to figure something out. I hate seeing you like this. I know that you and Frank belong together.”

She turned and left my room. I returned to look out my window, still hoping to see Frank, if only for a second.
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel bad that I didn't update yesterday D: I was busy today too, and I'll probably be busy tomorrow too. So here's a sort of filler for you :P I also have a favor to ask! I was wondering if you guys could read my one-shots if you don't mind or if you haven't already. I'd love more feedback on them. Plus you'd have something more to read. Just so you know, there is only 3 one-shots and they all feature Gerard Way. Thanks!
~Sally