I'm the One in Control

Tearjerker by Korn

Walking into English I tried my hardest to keep the dark smirk off of my face.

“You ok hun-hun” Shinju cooed running her hand up and down my arm, grunting a reply in walked into the classroom wanting her to leave me the fuck alone.

Scanning the room I walked over to Light and sat down on the seat behind him, ignoring Saki’s laughing. I pulled my arm away from my clingy girlfriend and got my things out of my bag.

“hun-hun are you ok?” Shinju gushed again clinging to my arm looking at me with wide eyes, I only had to put up with this for so long then I can get rid of her.

“Fine” I said giving her a soft smile, turning to look out of the window I ignored everything that was happening around me until I felt Shinju nudge me in the side. Looking away from the window annoyed I covered my annoyance with a light smile.

“Abby read the text” the teacher said wanting to make me look stupid.

“And together we all walk into salvation” I said finishing the sentence off in perfect English, not realising what I had done until I head people around me gasp. Looking around confused I saw the bewildered face of the teacher staring at me. Realising my mistake, I silently cursed myself, I really needed to pay more attention to the people around me.

“That was perfect” Shinju squealed in my ear, turning towards her I gave her a smile and turned back towards the front of the class.

“Perfect… Abby” the teacher said lightly turning back around to the black board. My attention was taken from the teacher when I saw something black fall to the floor, smirking to myself I knew the game had started.

“So are you coming over tonight for dinner, you can meet my sister” Shinju said in all one go. Turning to face her I thought it over.

‘I’m guessing that when light finds the death note, he won’t believe it. So he will go out and test it and I can get Saki to follow him than tell me what had happened. Plus I will be meeting the protected sister’ I thought then looked at Saki.

‘Saki, follow light when class has finished and tell me everything that happens’ I thought to Saki, it would be easier to get Saki to go.

Hearing the bell scream out signalling everyone that the school day was over I sighed standing up, collecting my things together.

“Abby, come on” Shinju said pulling on my arm.

“Ok honey” I said wrapping my arm around her waist kissing the side of her head lightly and walking out of the room with her. Making our way to our lockers I spotted Hikaru leaning on my mine, searching for me.

“Hey, what’s up, man?” I asked leaning again the locker next to him as Shinju moved her body to snuggle more into mine.

“Nothing much, are you going to mine later to watch that film that’s just come out?” Hikaru said looking from me to Shinju.

“Nope I’m going to Shinju’s to meet her sister” I said trying not to roll my eyes.

“Why don’t you go to your locker and I’ll catch up with you” I stated more than asked giving her a little push in the direction of her locker, nodding her head I gave her a quick kiss.

“Meeting the family already?” Hikaru asked with a grin as we both watched Shinju walk away.

“Yup” I said with a sigh.

“I didn’t know you liked her” he said not taking his eyes off of me.

“I didn’t either” I muttered under my breath, happy he didn’t hear me.

“Any way I better go. Can’t keep a lady waiting” I said shutting my locker door.

“Ok, I’ll see you tomorrow” Hikaru said giving me brief hug. Walking our separate ways I ended up at Shinju’s locker to see some asshole hassling her. Don’t get me wrong I didn’t feel anything for the girl or did I care about her but when I’m dating someone I protect them.

“What do you think you’re doing?” I spat out with venom getting pissed off with this sad excuse of a man.

“What does it look like, I’m chatting with this pretty lady” the slime ball said trapping my girlfriend against the lockers. Getting closer to him I grabbed his shoulder and turned to towards me. Glaring darkly at the scum in front of me, I smirked seeing him shiver in fear.

“It would be in your best interest to let my girlfriend go” I said trying to keep my anger in check, no one and I mean no one messes with anything that is mine!

“Sorry man… girl… sorry” he squeaked out running off.

“My hero” she said crashing into me, resisting the urge to yet again to roll my eyes I wrapped my arms around her waist I felt her lean her head on my shoulder. Hearing a small sob, I pulled away lightly.

“Hey, it’s ok. I’ve got you. Nothing and I mean nothing is going to hurt you” I said tenderly cupping her face with my hands and wiping the tears away with my thumbs. Leaning down I kissed her lips lightly, pulling away I ran my fingers through her hair. After standing there for a few minutes I slowly started to remove my arms, taking her hand in mine we walked out of the school grounds and to her house.

“Thank you so much hun-hun. I can’t believe that happened I was so scared but then you arrived and protective me, it was just like in a romance movie” she gushed tugging on my arm smiling. Nodding my head I give her the smile I knew she loved. Walking into the house I took my shoes off and walked inside, looking around I was passed some black slippers, thanking her I slipped them on.

“Come on” Shinju said pulling me into the living room. Entering the living room I saw a blond haired girl sitting down sipping her drink.

“MISA” Shinju shouted and ran over to the blond. Keeping my eyes on the blond I watched as her eyes landed on me and widen. Smiling softly at her, I smirked inside seeing her melt.

“Misa this is my girlfriend Abby Yagami” Shinju said smiling at me while taking my hand in hers. Not taking my eyes on Misa I smirked widened on the inside seeing a crazed look in her eyes. I had got her just where I wanted her.

“Excuse me while I go and make the dinner, I’ll be back in a few minutes” Shinju said walking into the kitchen, glancing back at us every now and then.

“Hi Abby” Misa said getting closer to me.

“Hey, you’re Misa Amane, the model right?” I asked seeing her eyes light up.

“Yes… you’re a fan?” she asked excited, eager for me to say yes.

“You can say that but my friend is the true fan” I said trying to keep her sweet and just by looking at her I guess it was working.

“So you’re with my sister?” she asked running her fingers up and down my arm.

“Yes I am do you have a problem with that?” I asked looking away from her; I didn’t need to be looking at her to tell she was jealous. Moving away from Misa a little I saw Shinju walk back over to us and announce that dinner was ready. Smiling I wrapped my arm around Shinju’s waist and made eye contact with Misa. Discreetly turning on my iPod and slipping an earphone into my ear I heard lights door slam shut.